2022 European Championships: Women's Short Program | Page 42 | Golden Skate

2022 European Championships: Women's Short Program

Placebo11

On the Ice
I'm worried that Anna might be injured. I know she's a great fighter but maybe she should have rested instead of skating at the Europeans ( let alone the whole Omicron spreading).

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
At least in the training videos I watched, she has landed her jumps, had a clean FS in yesterday's training.
However, she is human and I suppose she entered the ice today with too much pressure and nerves to go clean and live up to the expectations that are had of her in Russia.
If only she had gone for a 3Lz-3T.
True, at previous trainings Anna was actually the only one of the three who had clean FS runthru incl. 4F and 3Lz+3Lo. The sad thing is that before she usually had not very good trainings but great competition skates. While now (and at nationals) she had good trainings but problems in competition. I really guess that is the weight of the pressure laying on her.

Last edited:

brigit66

On the Ice
True, at previous trainings Anna was actually the only one of the three who had clean FS runthru incl. 4F. The sad thing is that before she usually had not very good trainings but great competition skates. While now (and at nationals) she had good trainings but problems in competition. I really guess that is the weight of the pressure laying on her.
Dear, Anna is not a pupil of judges anymore. Look at the goe. She is over. Thats how it works. Kamila is now one .

prorussian fan

On the Ice
Gotta love seeing Rus fed bias towards Eteri has backfired tremendously just a few wks after grossly inflating their skaters at Rus fed over their other skaters. They really have to pray there is enough fuel left in Anna tank to last her til the end of the olympics and pray she isnt going to deteriorate even worser. If she scored this at the olympics, she would not even be in the last group. Skaters who could have placed above her score here with their SB - Wakaba, Kaori, Mana, Alysa, Mariah, Loena, Yelim, Young.
To be fair, she went for the 3Lz3Loop (which none of the ones you mention does).
She took that risk and today it didn't work out.
With the 3Lz3T design, she could easily score at least 77-78.

Jontor

Medalist
Country
Sweden
True, at previous trainings Anna was actually the only one of the three who had clean FS runthru incl. 4F and 3Lz+3Lo. The sad thing is that before she usually had not very good trainings but great competition skates. While now (and at nationals) she had good trainings but problems in competition. I really guess that is the weight of the pressure laying on her.
It was bound to happen sooner or later. Anna has been amazing with her combos and she has never fallen the last 3 seasons. I was waiting for this, and it's probably good that it happened here and not at the Olympics.

lurkerghost1

On the Ice
The judging in this discipline continues to deteriorate. The 7 point PCS gap between Shcherbakova/Trusova and Gubanova is just unbelievable considering Gubanova is clearly a more complete package even when they’re all clean. The short program standings should really be Valieva, Hendrickx, Gubanova, Trusova, Kurakova, Safonova with Shcherbakova somewhere down in the 2nd group.
At this rate I’m expecting Davis/Smolkin and Hurtado/Khliavin to break 85 in the rhythm dance 👍

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I only saw the final group. Kurakova should have been scored higher than Anna, even with Anna's inflated PCS (36 = 9). Trusova was scored consistent with how scoring has been all year, so no surprise. Kamila is amazingly consistent with her difficult content but her program is boring. I think she was overscored on her second mark for a program with no impact other than her amazing jumps. Loena deserved her score. Happy to see at least one instance of good judging.

cake

On the Ice
So happy for Loena :hap10: :party2:Great job! And Kamila is just stunning :bow:

Multiple times I posted that russians will make russians nationals out of EUROPEAN championships especially before OLy to pump up russians scores, make for them seasons best and world records//. Ex soviet Champinships make me sick. There were no need to give kamila such score, no need. PCs for Anna , a joke. I am glad that PC arent here, acutally now. They would eat them alive.
Yes, there is a need to give great scores to a great skate, even if the skater is from Russia. Btw I thought the soviet union ceased to exist 30 years ago?

brigit66

On the Ice
So happy for Loena :hap10: :party2:Great job! And Kamila is just stunning :bow:

Yes, there is a need to give great scores to a great skate, even if the skater is from Russia. Btw I thought the soviet union ceased to exist 30 years ago?
jesus, of course it did , but it looks like it'd still exist