2022 NHK Trophy Women's Short Program | Page 14 | Golden Skate

2022 NHK Trophy Women's Short Program

rain

Record Breaker
I'm sorry, I know everyone loves Sakamoto, but there was nothing about that program that should beat Yelim Kim's stunning skate. She was tight on the jumps and has never been particularly graceful. Speed good as usual. But this should be Kim's

Lamente Ariane

Skating Skills -5, Fashion +3, Camp +4
Record Breaker
Kaori's step sequence is one of my favorite things this season. I'm glad Ted is calling out that the choreography of this program is so intricate and difficult that it's likely a factor in her jumps being a bit less steady this season so far... when she finally hits it all it's going to be spectacular.

YuBluByMe

May Rika spin her hair into GOLDā€¦.in 2026.
Final Flight
Sakamoto held onto that 3F+3T as if her life depended on it. Gorgeous 2A as always. But I donā€™t like the program. She doesnā€™t have the energy or attitude to pull it off and she mechanically performs the choreography.

lileychristie

Lee-lay
Medalist
Country
Australia
Kaori! Salute on how much she fought for that triple triple. Really amazed she managed to get triple toe out of that triple flip, and the fact that she managed to stay on 1 foot after that :jaw:

I think her PCS will still be enough to edge Yelim, but shouldn't be by much at all.

figureskatingandrainbows

As Kao Miura once said, ć‚¹ć‚±ćƒ¼ćƒˆć£ć¦é›£ć—ć„
Record Breaker
Country
Olympic
Looks like Kaori got a ! on her lutz and a UR on the 3T, she's going to go into 2nd

balabam

šŸ„•šŸ„•šŸŒµšŸŒµšŸ˜ˆšŸ˜€
Record Breaker
Country
Slovakia
There should be clear EDGE call on Lutz but for some reason I think this will not happen

Lamente Ariane

Skating Skills -5, Fashion +3, Camp +4
Record Breaker
I do think Kaori will be (and should be) behind Yelim here, but yeah.

tsuyoboogie

"Dedicate your heart" & Slay like an Ackerman
Record Breaker
Nakano sensei...
While Kaori adjusts to this program let's swap the 3Lz for 3Lo and do the combo as the 2nd jumping pass instead of 3rd
thnx~

lileychristie

Lee-lay
Medalist
Country
Australia
Oh wow I didn't expect that score for Kaori from the judges at all. I thought they're gonna give her 72-73 something or 70 at the least.

Looks like they called her lutz edge and some unders too, which is fair. Glad the judges are being strict on everyone, even on the local favorites.