2022 Olympics Team Event Day2: Women's Short Program | Page 39 | Golden Skate

2022 Olympics Team Event Day2: Women's Short Program

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
yes but now for the free, it's way less dangerous... because scoring is stupid LOL 10-9-8-7-6 So the max a team can lose /gain on one discipline is 4 points... very difficult to lose for Russia at this point, especially with how pairs and ladies should bring scores ahead of USA
Interesting! I hadn't considered that, my maths is terrible.

Good for ROC. :)

In other news it looks like the Kiwibros got a medal in the Women's Slope Style!

flipsydoodle

On the Ice
I don’t think I’ll ever get tired of watching her. Absolutely stunning! 😍
Personally, I have the opposite reaction to kamilla. I had to take a snack break. I love the sheer joy of Wakaba, the feeling that there’s no gratuitous movement (e.g.no flailing of arms or random cantilever), the softness in the movement, the maturity, the musicality, the steady build of the program. Truly an Olympic moment, Wakaba. After seeing that (I’d never seen it before), I hope she makes the podium.

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Well I love Mark a lot, but... Russian man...if the US man (Vincent?) wins and Mark is like last or something that would impact?

Also Vika and Nikitia might be in big trouble if they have to do the FD from what I understand this back is hanging by a thread, but Diana and Gleb will get less love.

I'm not overly confident TBH. I've seen enough sports to know hyping up a team can end reaaaaallly badly.
I would be completely shocked if Mark is last in the FP. He has developed quite the consistent track record with winning Russian Nationals, winning the European Championship and placing 3rd in the SP here. I believe he can maintain 3rd and even place 2nd if the Vincent Zhou of 2021 Worlds, the 2021 NHK Trophy and the 2022 US Championships appears tonight. Like Karen, Vincent cannot afford any of his under-rotations tonight.

ManyCairns

Medalist
Country
United-States
Fantastic event. Russia winning was no question. But USA only 5th was a setback for them.

So bummed for Gubanova. Had she skated in the last group she surely would have taken Schizas on PCS.
They both skated beautifully and should be very happy with their skates. I did worry about Gubanova going so early.

yelyoh

Medalist
Country
United-States
Swedish commentator explained it very well. She rotates on her way down. Unlike the Russians that start the rotation already on the spring of the jump.
Hmm maybe that's why her height is good and she under rotates

auser

Record Breaker
If anyone is still looking for a stream, I definitely recommend the German Sportschau link.
I couldn't get the CBC player to actually load and the German commentator seems to know his stuff
Thank you. Its geo-blocked but I was able to get it to load with a VPN set to Germany server. A nice alternative to the many advertisements my (NBC) local tv channel is showing. :thank:

LisaD

Spectator
It should have been Alysa. She was Group 2, and she hasn't fallen on any jump other than 3a since 21 Nationals.
If Alysa was unable to skate, they should have picked Mariah Bell. PIcking Karen Chen was a big mistake. She is too inconsistent. If Karen Chen skates both the short program and free skate,
then Russia will win the gold medal for sure. With Mariah Bell or Alysa Liu, at least the US would had a better shot at beating Russia!!!