2022 Skate America Where Are You Watching? | Golden Skate

2022 Skate America Where Are You Watching?

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
This is what my TV schedule says

USAHD
7:30 pm EDT Friday, October 21
Pairs & Men SP

NBC Sports
3-6 pm EDT Saturday, October 22
Day 2 Live
Rhythm Dance at 14:14 10-22-22
Ladies Short at 16:18 10-22-22

USAHD
8:00 pm EDT Saturday, October 22
Pairs & Men FS

E! HD
2-5 pm Sunday, October 23
It says Live. This is part of Ladies & FD.

Peacock ( no replays)

Last edited:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Last edited:

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I am sure the forum moderators dont want me talking about this, but I am thinking about making a private group here so we can discuss grey market ways to watch skating on demand. They do exist. Just sayin.

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
FYI - in the past I have been able to use VPN set to Canada to view ISU GP events.
You refresh the YouTube site and it appears as YouTubeCA and the world opens up.

This line does give me pause...it links to IMG and looks like it is for the international press at cost
To license ISU footage: https://bit.ly/3M7bcaF

Last edited:

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
This is what my TV schedule says

USAHD
7:30 pm EDT Friday, October 21
Pairs & Men SP

NBC Sports
3-6 pm EDT Saturday, October 22
Day 2 Live

USAHD
8:00 pm EDT Saturday, October 22
Pairs & Men FS

E! HD
2-5 pm Sunday, October 23
It says Live. This is part of Ladies & FD.

Peacock ( no replays)
Day 2 Live includes
Rhythm Dance at 14:14 10-22-22
Ladies Short at 16:18 10-22-22

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
A vpn set to Canada will make this viewable in the USA.
The proof will be in the pudding....I will explore options practicing on SA....Canada and US I can watch in real time but between them, I will explore what a VPN will do for me on demand. I dont know beans about watching and recording in Europe, coverting their DVDs to our DVDs, creating files of digital content, etc. But am working on my other grey market sourses.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
My other non skating forum folk say Opera may be too slow. NordVPN and this one may be the ticket.

I've been using Private Internet Access for probably a couple of years and have been happy with it. That is to say, I have had no "problems". I don't use it all the time but when I need it, I just start it and it auto selects the fastest available connection but you can choose from a list of domestic and international servers ranked by latency. I don't stream but generally my download speeds top out at 800K/s while using it on their recommendation. I signed up initially for a couple of years and then took them up on a multi year special they were running but it looks like it's a little over $2/month

MFarone

Final Flight
Country
United-States
My other non skating forum folk say Opera may be too slow. NordVPN and this one may be the ticket.

I've been using Private Internet Access for probably a couple of years and have been happy with it. That is to say, I have had no "problems". I don't use it all the time but when I need it, I just start it and it auto selects the fastest available connection but you can choose from a list of domestic and international servers ranked by latency. I don't stream but generally my download speeds top out at 800K/s while using it on their recommendation. I signed up initially for a couple of years and then took them up on a multi year special they were running but it looks like it's a little over $2/month
So if you have been using Private Internet Access why would you consider purchasing or using another VPN? Isn't what you have a VPN?

MFarone

Final Flight
Country
United-States
ISU have been showing all GP events on their YouTube channel for several seasons now, and all of the streams become available on replay right after the event.
I know the question of what the ISU will do this season might seem crazy but for about 16 years I had replays of competitions soon after the event ended. Now, suddenly with no explanation, I do not have that so I'm also concerned if the ISU is going to continue offering replays. If the ISU continues with replays of competitions through this season (and I hope they do) then I will probably purchase a VPN.

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
I have had little interest in FS since mid-Olympics, (not just because of the absence of so many top-level skaters due to various reasons, but mostly because of some stupid Asian BL TV series obsession, :drama:

but I still have a Eurosport subscription, so checked out their schedule.
Looks like it’s a typical Skate America, i.e. night-time in Europe, meaning no live broadcasts (at least not in the Netherlands), but as always, there are livestreams of all events, plus viewable as archived streams later on.

I prefer streams over TV broadcasts and prefer the Eurosport streams over the youtube streams (which are accessible without VPN for us, too), as the Eurosport streams have optional audio commentary in various languages… but also the option to not have to listen to any talky people at all. :bow:

Edit to add: I never need them for FS, but having a trusty VPN at your side (NordVPN for me) is always a good idea in this day and age. Free VPNs are not trusty, there are reasons they are free and those are never good for the user.

Last edited: