2022 US Nationals - Member Chat | Page 29 | Golden Skate

2022 US Nationals - Member Chat

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Do we need a "Skaters cancellation and or in trouble" thread? I follow "The Skating Lesson" on FB
Bradie

Isabella Flores and Dima (Police did a welfare check on Dima and Isabella cant reach him)

Last edited:

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Do we need a "Skaters cancellation and or in trouble" thread? I follow "The Skating Lesson" on FB
Bradie
Deanna Stellato and Max (Max recovering from Covid)
Isabella Flores and Dima (Police did a welfare check on Dima and Isabella cant reach him)

There is a thread on Isabella and Dima in the Edge (although with a vague title)

I posted about Deanna and Maxime last night in the Canadian thread.

Since these are not "general information" about US Nats, and in Deanna's case, not even US, maybe you could start a thread in the Edge?

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
There is a thread on Isabella and Dima in the Edge (although with a vague title)

I posted about Deanna and Maxime last night in the Canadian thread.

Since these are not "general information" about US Nats, and in Deanna's case, not even US, maybe you could start a thread in the Edge?
My bad. I did not know she went to Canada. The problem in general with The Skating Lesson is that they assume you know everything...all the social media handles, disiplines, all the countries and partners, etc. I will be more careful....

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
The arena called today , New Years Day. A person called "Chris" said that they werent sending out confirmations yet of cancellations but If I followed instructions, I should be fine. The only instructions I saw were to include your name and account number???? I sent in a copy of my receipt.
My friend got her refund on her credit card today. It took two days.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I haven’t gotten mine yet. I’m shocked she would get hers so quickly. It’s the holidays.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I haven’t gotten mine yet. I’m shocked she would get hers so quickly. It’s the holidays.
Got a call and an email from the hard working folks at the Arena today. Email confirmation is good enough for me. 5-7 business days they said. Sent them back a Happy New Year wish.....wish I was there but hey, my home wasnt burned down in a 100 mile wind outside of Denver. And we are well.....and a bunch of tornados didnt rip through my state....

thatonekimgirl

Rinkside
Hey, I put in for my ticket refund on Tuesday and it’s already hit my bank account. So Bridgestone is working really quick at getting the refunds back to us. All they refund is ticket amount, any other fees tacked on ticket price wasn’t refunded. Happy with what was refunded.

Was your refund for single event tickets or an all event ticket? I’m curious for all event what they’ll refund, since it was kind of an “everything included” bundle without quantified “extra fees”.

Jhar55

Medalist
Was your refund for single event tickets or an all event ticket? I’m curious for all event what they’ll refund, since it was kind of an “everything included” bundle without quantified “extra fees”.
All event $755 didn’t refund any fees Ticketmaster tacks on.

thatonekimgirl

Rinkside
All event $755 didn’t refund any fees Ticketmaster tacks on.
I saw someone else say their full $755 was refunded, I’m assuming because there’s no differentiation between ticket/ancillary fees for the all-event ticket (essentially it was just $755 total)— was that not the case for you?

Jhar55

Medalist
I saw someone else say their full $755 was refunded, I’m assuming because there’s no differentiation between ticket/ancillary fees for the all-event ticket (essentially it was just $755 total)— was that not the case for you?
Yes, only my ticket price of $755 refunded

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yes, only my ticket price of $755 refunded
I did not buy tickets, but that would make sense to me.

USFS has no control over Ticketmaster, a separate company that makes money from processing ticket requests. Which presumably they did. Ticketmaster has done its job and expects to be paid.

unfortunate as that may be for the purchaser. :(

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
They should be smoking to make it more historically accurate.

An airline is where I learned to love Beef Wellington. It’s one of my favorite foods. Braniff maybe?
LOL! Yes, smoking after dinner. And before. In aircraft mechanics school, they told us that the tar and smoke particulants would actually seal up the cabin leaks over time. So only the period outflow valves would dump the excess pressure.
1641148719436.png
Reading the memories of old flyers and flight attendants was interesting today....ahhhh...the smoke filled cabins.....
1641149473183.png

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I did not buy tickets, but that would make sense to me.

USFS has no control over Ticketmaster, a separate company that makes money from processing ticket requests. Which presumably they did. Ticketmaster has done its job and expects to be paid.

unfortunate as that may be for the purchaser. :(
I am now interested to see my refund amount. My total charge on my card was $1255. It isnt broken down with fees, like pirate taxes, etc. I really dont care either way at this point but If I were on a jury, it was Ticketmaster who was hired by the arena to handle the selling of tickets at their event . I see this as different than when I buy a car and pay the State of WA 9 percent sales tax. The dealer just passes along the tax to me. When I moved to WA, I paid a sales tax on the cars and motorcycles I brought into the state. If I sell a car to a private party, they pay the sales tax to the state to get a title.
Personally, I miss the days when we would get ornate tickets from the arena.

(FWIW, I only did one thing wrong.....I canceled the arena tickets and I canceled the hotel 48 hours in advance so I didnt have to automatically pay for one night. But I should have held on to the airline ticket for a day or so as the flight indeed was canceled today (probably in the middle of the night) and I could have obtained a full refund. Oh well, I can use the credit to go to San Diego. )

Oreo

On the Ice
Cancelling the trip to Nashville was a decision made under torment that went on for about a week. It's such a shame because Nashville would be such a great host. People I know who are triple vaxxed are getting sick here in California; who knows what the airline situation will be a week from now; half the fun at Nationals is wandering around the concourse, but that's out, and how much fun is it looking at every person and situation around you as a possible viral vector? Bridgestone has done a fabulous job at processing refunds in less than 24 hours. I'm going to wait until the last second to cancel my United flight in hope they cancel on me first.

Carolla5501

On the Ice
I think some of us bought our tickets when they first came out and you were actually dealing directly with the predators at that point and you didn’t pay the Ticketmaster fees

If you bought it later you were directed to the Ticketmaster site and you did pay the fees. That’s one of the reasons I bought earlier. I can’t get a refund because I have given away all of my junior tickets. So if I don’t go I lose the money. But since I can drive and test myself because I have a stash of test kits I’m going.

I did move to the Residence inn so I have a kitchen and I’m packing a cooler in my car with food. Not only will it save me money? It will keep me safer. Won’t be as much fun as usual but I’ll still skating and I’ll probably get a lot of other work done in my down time (I’m not a practice watcher)

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Cancelling the trip to Nashville was a decision made under torment that went on for about a week. It's such a shame because Nashville would be such a great host. People I know who are triple vaxxed are getting sick here in California; who knows what the airline situation will be a week from now; half the fun at Nationals is wandering around the concourse, but that's out, and how much fun is it looking at every person and situation around you as a possible viral vector? Bridgestone has done a fabulous job at processing refunds in less than 24 hours. I'm going to wait until the last second to cancel my United flight in hope they cancel on me first.
I hated it too but I am STILL (non Covid) sick so it was a little bit easier. Not much.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I think some of us bought our tickets when they first came out and you were actually dealing directly with the predators at that point and you didn’t pay the Ticketmaster fees

If you bought it later you were directed to the Ticketmaster site and you did pay the fees. That’s one of the reasons I bought earlier. I can’t get a refund because I have given away all of my junior tickets. So if I don’t go I lose the money. But since I can drive and test myself because I have a stash of test kits I’m going.

I did move to the Residence inn so I have a kitchen and I’m packing a cooler in my car with food. Not only will it save me money? It will keep me safer. Won’t be as much fun as usual but I’ll still skating and I’ll probably get a lot of other work done in my down time (I’m not a practice watcher)
Very wise. If I went, I would have loaded up the room fridge from the whole foods store. I do like practice sessions cause I can visit with my friends.
This next bit is for future reference for the next event so I remember all the steps in the tango
I bought my package through the Early Bird system the USFS has for FOFS members. Like SA Vegas, the email they send you at 10am on a certain date took you to a ticketmaster site (I was logged in , in advance, during the stampede,...I put in the secret code they gave me... ...I still could only get second row. Then, I got my reciept emailed and it wasnt from ticketmaster (just like SA). It was from a special AM. Ticketmaster.Predator URL.
I then went to the email on my phone, hit "manage tickets" I suddenly had a Predator account with my tickets in it. I book marked the Url to my home screen, brought us the tickets, took screen shots of them, and put them in Google Pay to boot. At no time did any proof appear that I had tickets in my real ticketmaster account. I checked.
The weird thing is that if I go to my receipt, it says
Reply to [email protected]

As I said, I then had to go to "manage tickets" embeded in the reciept to go to the secret squirrel AM.ticketmaster.com/predators account.
Get this. When I got tickets for SA Vegas, I did the same proceedure and got taken to am.Ticketmaster.com/boydgaming...it said and still says I can now use my same password for ticketmaster, boyd gaming ticketmaster, and (now) predators ticketmaster.

Cant wait to see where the refund comes from, for how much, and what happens with the next USFS event I go to.
(sorry for the long winded speach but I am saving it for the next stampede to buy tickets.)
Steps.
1. Get email a week ahead of purchase that tickets will go on sale to FOFS memebers at 10 am Colorado time. Email will be sent at that time.
2. Sit in front of confuser waiting for email from USFS. Have ticketmaster account logged into.
3. Keep hitting refresh till finger falls off
4. Get email with code and link.
5. Go to link, put in code, choose seat(s)

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I hated it too but I am STILL (non Covid) sick so it was a little bit easier. Not much.
Get better soon! Since the Omicron pandemic is one of an upper respratory infection, if I get infected with symptoms, I am using my nose/sinus rinse system and I am also using it when I return from town as a precaution. (I talked with another of my airline pilot friends and he has been briefed on what to do should the FCC go ahead with its threat on Jan 5th to allow turn up of the Verizon/ATT 5G cell phone towers near airports. He couldnt get to specifics but the FAA has issued orders that if the turn up does indeed occur, Pilots are not allowed to use their radio altimeters to make the harder instrument approaches during bad weather and must divert the aircraft, with its pax , crew and aircraft now out of position. I am hoping the President steps in and ends this year long game of chicken....

RoyThree

Rinkside
Country
United-States
This might be a dumb question, but if you buy tickets on-site, is there an extra fee?