2022 US Nationals - Member Chat | Page 28 | Golden Skate

2022 US Nationals - Member Chat

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
The airline or the tickets for the event? I emailed the arena per instructions today and canceled and expect a full refund. If the airline is messing with you, I would call them if you wish and cancel and get your money back. Not being able to handle stress was one of the biggest concerns for me in canceling my trip....before covid, Delta for instance, if they canceled your flight and left you stranded, they put you up in a room at a hotel they use for their crews, but if it is full, they just give you some credit....Alaska Airlines is asking people to cancel non essential travel so I assume they would give you a full refund but I dont know that.....
Alaska Airlines is my favorite. This news just cements my opinion! I wish they had more routes from the east coast. All airlines should be doing what Alaska is doing. I am very glad that we made the decision to cancel this trip. I mourn for good times, but these aren't good times. I have family in Boulder watching the progress of the Marshall fire, they had no power yesterday, winter storm is coming. It's not a good time to travel anywhere. I will fly to Boulder later in the spring and hope that another competition opportunity comes my way sometime.

Everyone stay safe and well. And Coyote Chris, enjoy that trip to Mexico!

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
myself I go for refund, like you said this was something fun and exciting look forward to but not now, why I canceled
Let me know when you get a refund. My Preditors app now says I have no tickets but they are still in my google pay app and I did not get a confirmation email they received my request. My bank card has no deposit on it. So I called the arena and waited on hold for 5 minutes and then was shuffled to a voice mail. I of course have copies of everything. Brent never did answer my question about dates for nats San Jose in a year, 2023. I dont see them on the web so I have to wonder if something is catty wompus there as well.
I am resending my request.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Alaska Airlines is my favorite. This news just cements my opinion! I wish they had more routes from the east coast. All airlines should be doing what Alaska is doing. I am very glad that we made the decision to cancel this trip. I mourn for good times, but these aren't good times. I have family in Boulder watching the progress of the Marshall fire, they had no power yesterday, winter storm is coming. It's not a good time to travel anywhere. I will fly to Boulder later in the spring and hope that another competition opportunity comes my way sometime.

I have always been treated well on Alaska Airlines. Living in fire country, my thoughts go to the people near Boulder...just for something to do, I looked up my flight , good ole delta 1022, after going for two days it was canceled today. Now the ATC (air traffic control) people and the airport ground crews are getting sick. People like to think of ATC as four people in a control tower, but there are huge boiler rooms called centers with many people staring at computer screens monitoring traffic and handing off flights
1640987459593.png

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Let’s email Brent. I am fine with having all events at SCOB.

And this is why I don’t flyyyyy…my car doesn’t get cancelled. Well not yet. But train to Philly and Boston next year.
I dont blame you. Flying used to be fun. There were piano bars for first class and a smaller lounge for coach. If a plane broke, or ?, they put you on any flight of any airline. They allowed standby flying. If a plane was accidently overbooked, a flight attendent would come on board with a fist full of $100 bills. I have seen this with my own eyes. The attendant would say, "OK, this flight was overbooked. I have $100 for anyone who is willing to get off this aircraft and fly the next aircraft out. First class. OK, I have $200. (alot of money in the last century). I never saw it go above $200. Even in the 1990s, flying was fun and not that expensive.
1640988304021.png

Carolla5501

On the Ice
Let me know when you get a refund. My Preditors app now says I have no tickets but they are still in my google pay app and I did not get a confirmation email they received my request. My bank card has no deposit on it. So I called the arena and waited on hold for 5 minutes and then was shuffled to a voice mail. I of course have copies of everything. Brent never did answer my question about dates for nats San Jose in a year, 2023. I dont see them on the web so I have to wonder if something is catty wompus there as well.
I am resending my request.
it’s a holiday weekend right before their biggest event of the year.

And you’re asking about something over a year away? It might not be a top priority right now. He’s busy dealing with people who Want things like refunds for their breakfast because Nathan’s not gonna be there.😃

Carolla5501

On the Ice
Just a note for those of you who are canceling flights. If you cancel your plane ticket you’re probably only entitled to a credit for future travel. If the airline cancels your flight you’re entitled to a refund. There’s been a lot of cancellations over the last week so if I was going to cancel the ticket I would wait until about the day before to see if there’s a chance I can get a refund. If you’ve already canceled and your flight is subsequently canceled it won’t , matter you made the decision before the airline did so you just get the credit. that’s why you want to wait

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

And you’re asking about something over a year away? It might not be a top priority right now. He’s busy dealing with people who Want things like refunds for their breakfast because Nathan’s not gonna be there.😃
Nathan’s never there. The breakfast is a few hours before the men’s event.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I dont blame you. Flying used to be fun. There were piano bars for first class and a smaller lounge for coach. If a plane broke, or ?, they put you on any flight of any airline. They allowed standby flying. If a plane was accidently overbooked, a flight attendent would come on board with a fist full of $100 bills. I have seen this with my own eyes. The attendant would say, "OK, this flight was overbooked. I have $100 for anyone who is willing to get off this aircraft and fly the next aircraft out. First class. OK, I have $200. (alot of money in the last century). I never saw it go above $200. Even in the 1990s, flying was fun and not that expensive.
View attachment 4816
When I was a young Moonvine, my dad’s company used to fly us - first class - to see him when he was working out of town. I remember good food on airlines. I also remember the first time I tried to stop on first class when we had coach tickets. 😂😂😂

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Its a good time for all us Peacockians to "bookmark" (MyStuff) the 16 comps. I found all the Jrs and 4 of the seniors. And a practice cam.
The official USFS mask does pass the candle test but I can still feel air go through it...just saying....
mask.jpg

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Just a note for those of you who are canceling flights. If you cancel your plane ticket you’re probably only entitled to a credit for future travel. If the airline cancels your flight you’re entitled to a refund. There’s been a lot of cancellations over the last week so if I was going to cancel the ticket I would wait until about the day before to see if there’s a chance I can get a refund. If you’ve already canceled and your flight is subsequently canceled it won’t , matter you made the decision before the airline did so you just get the credit. that’s why you want to wait
Very true.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker

I must be older than you....to me....a year is a blink of the eye.....but yes, Brent and Bob and the crew are busy.....if anyone attends, stop by the USFS table and bump arms, thank them, and ask about 2023. (Nathan isnt much of a socializer anyway.....) They probably will do a video meetup with some of the athletes...maybe have Mirai talk again.....Like SA :love2:
P1090925.JPG

Jhar55

Medalist
Hey, I put in for my ticket refund on Tuesday and it’s already hit my bank account. So Bridgestone is working really quick at getting the refunds back to us. All they refund is ticket amount, any other fees tacked on ticket price wasn’t refunded. Happy with what was refunded.

katymay

Medalist

My daughter lives in Rock Creek (Superior/Boulder Co.) so yesterday was a loooong day. Her house is still standing, seemingly untouched, yet the house next door was burned to the foundation.

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
My daughter lives in Rock Creek (Superior/Boulder Co.) so yesterday was a loooong day. Her house is still standing, seemingly untouched, yet the house next door was burned to the foundation.
My daughter and family are in South Boulder, which escaped the fire. Their only problem was the high winds and power outages. The fire was fierce and hopped around a lot. Your daughter was very lucky not to lose her house. Sadly, these fires are becoming far too much of a norm out there. Grassy plains, little rain and high winds are a recipe for disaster. I hope that your daughter fares well in all of this. It's scary. I was planning to fly there from Nashville on the 10th, but canceled my entire trip. I hope to visit Boulder in the spring. My other daughter used to live in Louisville. The fire was very near to where she lived and worked, but I don't know how much burned and what is still standing. I know that they had to evacuate the hospital where she used to work. I honestly don't know how the community will recover from this. With over 600 homes gone, there aren't enough available places to live to accommodate those who lost their homes. It's devastating.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker

The arena called today , New Years Day. A person called "Chris" said that they werent sending out confirmations yet of cancellations but If I followed instructions, I should be fine. The only instructions I saw were to include your name and account number???? I sent in a copy of my receipt.