2022 Winter Olympics: Pairs Free Skate | Page 61 | Golden Skate

2022 Winter Olympics: Pairs Free Skate

Artemisa

Final Flight
Well their coach and federation pretty much abandoned them. I hope after this is all over they go anywhere else cause Moskvina pretty much prioritized M/G over them the moment they arrived
They have a decision to make because today with a diference of almost 6 points in PCs was clear that they didn't have the support of the federation ( between M/G and B/K there isn't such difference in PCs) ... even if they have skated complete clean it would have been a big difference ..... it's difficult when you have two top teams in the same group ...

labgoat

Working on Costumes contest & REWATCHES
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Chinese pairs team is currently not the level they are used to be (S/H removed). The next quad will likely be dominated by the new crop of Russians. The Japanese team seem to be very promising and so are the Georgians.
That's what I thought. I'm glad China got one last hurrah while they rebuild. I'm sure many Chinese will be inspired by Sui & Han now.

Silvia451

Record Breaker
Country
Romania
Sui/Han are olympic champions, I am so, so happy for them! So well deserved!

I am just thinking how hard it is to be the last in the figure skating event, at home, with the other teams also delivering. Kudos for mental strength!

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Looking at the protocols, Sui/Han made up for their mistake on the 3S not just with the quad twist but with the Forward Inside death spiral which is 0.9 points harder than the Forward Outside death spiral that T/M did. Wow, it was THAT close.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
The protocols look very fair to me. S/H got .65 for the 3sal and lost the PCS--even interpretation which is crazy. No one was robbed here. It was just close.
Well I think the chinese combo in the free should receive negative GOE (Sui masked her step-out perfectly, but it was there). I also think their spin in the SP went completley asynchronous and should receive negative GOE. But what the hell. I'm glad it came to nice and thrilling finish after the last two weeks. Now we have some time to recover before the worlds.

LadyB

Record Breaker
You could not write the script. That was an Olympic FS final as you like it. No ifs and buts, everything clear cut. Everything deserved. I'm exhausted and so happy, I'm totally in party mode. Pour me another one @elektra blue !

I think I'm in a major dilemma with gala and hockey final (I hope I've got the times wrong). Killer, but we'll see.
Thanks for being there and fantastic as ever! Laters! 👋

ffloweer

Rinkside
Country
Argentina
Just thinking about how S/H won on home ice, after years of being one of the top pairs, in such a incredible competition, it's such a beautiful moment! Legends stuff, they really deserved this!

And T/M, after those seasons of uncertainty, to land those skates at the olympics! I really felt their emotion, I was very moved by their programs.

M/G were incredible, I think of all they can improve the next few years and I am so excited.

Mista Ekko

Record Breaker
Looking at the protocols, Sui/Han made up for their mistake on the 3S not just with the quad twist but with the Forward Inside death spiral which is 0.9 points harder than the Forward Outside death spiral that T/M did. Wow, it was THAT close.

Good find, between that and the Twist alone you got 2.5 points