2023-2024 Italian Figure Skating | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2023-2024 Italian Figure Skating

CrazyKittenLady

Thanks for skating, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Interview with Gabriele about his difficult off-season, the coaching and rink change, and his new SP. (Scroll down a bit for Gabriele's part.)

FlossieH

Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
Daniel or his team really need to come out with a statement about what is going on. If the media reports about him leaving Tutberidze and returning to Italy due to an antidoping rule violation are incorrect, he needs to say so. I know that a rule violation does not in itself mean that doping has taken place (and it was reported that he had missed three tests, not that he had returned a positive sample) but the lack of statement makes things look more suspicious. Even if he is completely innocent, the current silence is damaging his reputation. The longer the uncertainty continues, the more suspicious it will look to people.

icewhite

Record Breaker
Daniel or his team really need to come out with a statement about what is going on. If the media reports about him leaving Tutberidze and returning to Italy due to an antidoping rule violation are incorrect, he needs to say so. I know that a rule violation does not in itself mean that doping has taken place (and it was reported that he had missed three tests, not that he had returned a positive sample) but the lack of statement makes things look more suspicious. Even if he is completely innocent, the current silence is damaging his reputation. The longer the uncertainty continues, the more suspicious it will look to people.

It has been confirmed, in a very short statement and half-sentence. GS took it down when I posted it, but AnythingGOEs had it.

Kittosuni

Medalist

He already did put out a statement last month.

Grassl’s management said: “The justifications presented by Daniel are still being examined. Moreover, in view of the physical and psychological stress given by the situation, Daniel decided to take a break by distancing himself from the environment.”

CrazyKittenLady

Thanks for skating, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
So about this mysterious competition that Corey Circelli is scheduled to appear in... Will there be a stream? Memola, Zich, and Rizzo might also make an appearance, right? (I read that somewhere, but I have no idea where. Maybe I dreamed it?)

jersey1302

On the Ice
Country
Canada
So about this mysterious competition that Corey Circelli is scheduled to appear in... Will there be a stream? Memola, Zich, and Rizzo might also make an appearance, right? (I read that somewhere, but I have no idea where. Maybe I dreamed it?)

yeah.. I heard that too.. I’m a. It confused. I think he enlisted In domestic qualifier for nationals?. Or he’s competing at Italian nationals? I, just confused why.. he wouldn’t be the favourite to win... 2nd is a long shot in my opinion too. I don’t get the logic in switching.

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
yeah.. I heard that too.. I’m a. It confused. I think he enlisted In domestic qualifier for nationals?. Or he’s competing at Italian nationals? I, just confused why.. he wouldn’t be the favourite to win... 2nd is a long shot in my opinion too. I don’t get the logic in switching.
More competitions in Europe and Italy is really good about sending their skaters to them. He probably feels he will get better by competing more.

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
I'm not seeing any live stream, unfortunately, but here is the results page: https://www.fisg.it/upload/result/6232/6232/index.htm

Considering Italy sends out their skaters to a variety of competitions, I would also rather compete for Italy even if my chance at making Worlds/Euros were slim (because, let's face it, they are slim in Canada too). And if singles doesn't work out, Corey can always go back to Ice Dance and have a much easier time in the Italian dance field than the Canadian one (at least right now, though the future looks a bit different, I think).