2023-24 Canadian Figure Skating | Page 28 | Golden Skate

2023-24 Canadian Figure Skating

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
gosh... i must be really sick.. i didn't feel anything watching this instagram post from lolo and nik... lol

Sackie

Medalist
Wondering if Skate Canada is now second guessing sending SMD to SCI instead of Justine. I know SMD had a great free skate at 4CC last year but that has been her one good skate. I mean her score at Nebelhorn is terrible. And really hope if she has a similar performance at SCI that is doesn't discourage Skate Canada from filling all our host spots in the future. Really also discouraged with our JR ladies this season. So many showed so much promise in their summer events then when they go to JGP events they do not preform as well.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Wondering if Skate Canada is now second guessing sending SMD to SCI instead of Justine. I know SMD had a great free skate at 4CC last year but that has been her one good skate. I mean her score at Nebelhorn is terrible. And really hope if she has a similar performance at SCI that is doesn't discourage Skate Canada from filling all our host spots in the future. Really also discouraged with our JR ladies this season. So many showed so much promise in their summer events then when they go to JGP events they do not preform as well.
the real mistake was not to send either one last year. Re the juniors, i know that on paper, it's a good idea to spread the wealth and give 6 girls a jpg spot... but then, skaters often do better on their second outing... which is non-existing for our skaters. There is a lot of talent in our women field right now, even more so in juniors. But they won't get consistent unless they compete almost every month. That's the reality of it.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
See, for instance, a few women are skating at SGÉ this weekend... including (if they don't scratch) Justine and Rose... Fée Ann and Mély Ann also... etc etc... I didn't go through the full list of course but there are quite a few women competing in both juniors and seniors.

Sackie

Medalist
I said it before it would have been nice to choose one or two Jr ladies and give them 2 events. I think Rose may have scratched in Quebec. I was watching a bit and where she was listed to skate the next skater on the list was skating. But did not hear an announcement.

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
most are in europe... which explains why our skaters don't go
But Skate Canada is sending skaters out this season to B-competitions in Europe, so why not send a bigger contingent?

The two junior pairs who were named as alternates for the JGP, Behnke/Sauve and Callahan/Roch, are being sent to the 2023 Trophée Metropole Nice Côte d'Azur in mid-October, a competition that includes all disciplines on the senior and junior level. Why not send at least a few more juniors who maybe only got one or no JGP spot at all?

Skate Canada making confusing decisions isn't new, but it's still annoying.

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I said it before it would have been nice to choose one or two Jr ladies and give them 2 events. I think Rose may have scratched in Quebec. I was watching a bit and where she was listed to skate the next skater on the list was skating. But did not hear an announcement.
Rose and Aleksa were awful at their events.

The Asian Canadian skaters seem to be handling international competition better. But, maybe, it is also cause they competed last year.

We still have Lulu and I think Lulu is capable of 160+