2023-24 Russian Men's Figure Skating | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2023-24 Russian Men's Figure Skating

niks

On the Ice
Ilya Yablokov switches to ice dance. He started training in his new team a week ago.

It was on his interview preview. His fan group also confirms the switch.

Wow, that's unexpected! I'm not sure what to think here, I liked him a lot as a singles skater, but as others have said, if this move is injury-motivated, the main thing is that he stays healthy and keeps skating. I hope he enjoys himself in ice dance and wish him good luck.

Do we know a bit more about this move? Who is his new coach? And probably more important, who is he going to skate with?

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Wow, that's unexpected! I'm not sure what to think here, I liked him a lot as a singles skater, but as others have said, if this move is injury-motivated, the main thing is that he stays healthy and keeps skating. I hope he enjoys himself in ice dance and wish him good luck.
I agree that it's better to switch and try something new instead of retiring. But one of his injuries was his knee that it is bad for ice dance. Hopefully he won't have problems because of it.

Do we know a bit more about this move? Who is his new coach? And probably more important, who is he going to skate with?
So far he is trying out in Angels of Plushenko (the coaches are Natalia Linichuk and Maksim Staviski) with Arina Ushakova.

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Butsaeva about Erokhov: He hasn't recovered yet, he hasn't even been on the ice yet. For now, he is prescribed rest, and it's hard to say how long it will take to fully recover.

This is very weird. There were recent videos of him doing SBS jumps with other skaters.

Last edited:

niks

On the Ice
Butsaeva about Erokhov: He hasn't recovered yet, he hasn't even been on the ice yet. For now, he is prescribed rest, and it's hard to say how long it will take to fully recover.

This is very weird. There were recent videos of him doing SBS jumps with other skaters.

I was just about to ask if there were any updates on Alexei as I saw that he had sadly retired from Spartakiad

I also thought that at some point they had reported that Alexei was already back to the ice and training, trying to get back in shape for this competition? If in addition, there were videos of him even jumping, then yes the updates are indeed weird. I would guess a translation issue but obviously that's not the case here :biggrin:

The thing is that ultimately it doesn't look very encouraging for Alexei :( Hope the situation gets clarified and fingers crossed that he is indeed better

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
I also thought that at some point they had reported that Alexei was already back to the ice and training, trying to get back in shape for this competition?
Semion was preparing as the first sub so Alexei withdrew a lot of time ago. Alexei took part in an ice show and could jump triples. He probably wasn't ready for quads and so, but "not been on the ice yet"?

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Fun video that I found while looking for info about Erokhov

Adelina Sotnikova trying to repeat Erokhov slide. :biggrin: Apparently it's difficult even for a top skater.

Carol1

Medalist

icewhite

Record Breaker
I really appreciate that Samarin announces his retirement directly after his last competition, does not "pause" or "evaluate" or something. I think this is very respectful towards the fans.