2023-24 Russian Men's Figure Skating | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2023-24 Russian Men's Figure Skating

Mariott

Now the flower is making its way through concrete
Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Today it was reported that Andrei Mozalev had his first training session at Eteri Tutberidze's sports center. A meeting between Andrei and Eteri is scheduled for tomorrow, where they will discuss the terms of cooperation, and Andrei will most likely join Team Tutberidze. This means that he is moving to Moscow.
According to Davydenko's group, they have not been working with Andrey since the beginning of this year.
The initiative belonged to Andrei, he contacted Eteri Tutberidze during the Russian Championships. After some deliberation, he was answered with an agreement.
I guess we will know the final decision tomorrow. I think that Andrei will join Eteri's group.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Today it was reported that Andrei Mozalev had his first training session at Eteri Tutberidze's sports center. A meeting between Andrei and Eteri is scheduled for tomorrow, where they will discuss the terms of cooperation, and Andrei will most likely join Team Tutberidze. This means that he is moving to Moscow.
According to Davydenko's group, they have not been working with Andrey since the beginning of this year.
The initiative belonged to Andrei, he contacted Eteri Tutberidze during the Russian Championships. After some deliberation, he was answered with an agreement.
I guess we will know the final decision tomorrow. I think that Andrei will join Eteri's group.
Fingers crossed it will work out for the best for Mozalev. And hope he packs his own supplements.

Flying Feijoa

On the Ice
Country
New-Zealand
All the best to Andrei, maybe a minority opinion but I have a soft spot for his signature cerebral angsty complex-footwork programmes and I will miss them :/ I'm assuming that there will be some changes in choreography/packaging due to the move.
Good luck to Kirill Davydenko's group going forward, I hope we get to see more of their skaters at the national level in the future.

Mariott

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Andrei announced that he is changing not only the coaching staff, but also the region federation, he will represent Moscow.

Last edited:

Mariott

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Not far enough! If only his last name was Mozalidze...
Yes, the Georgian federation prefers to attract ethnic Georgians, but... Gubanova is not an ethnic Georgian, for example.
Let's forget it, Andrei is too good, they won't give him away or it will cost too much for Georgia. Besides, he has no plans to transfer yet, he is just trying to revive his career.