2023-24 Russian Nationals Men's Free Skate | Page 16 | Golden Skate

2023-24 Russian Nationals Men's Free Skate

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
Yes but it cost him Gold
he stood no chances against Zhenya in the first place, not at his current level. he's an amazing jumper, but he doesn't get high goes and he still has to work on his 2nd mark. he's on the right track but still not there

Mathematician

Pilgrim on a long journey
Record Breaker
he stood no chances against Zhenya in the first place, not at his current level. he's an amazing jumper, but he doesn't get high goes and he still has to work on his 2nd mark. he's on the right track but still not there
Stood no chance? He was a point off. I dont understand.

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
I would have had
1. Petya (what fall in SP? And i would have even given him more in FS)
2. Vlad (yeah)
3. Zhenya (the GOEs were too generous today and don't like this FP at all).

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
I stepped out of the chat for a meal but kept watching. I can't understand why Semenenko gets such GOE on his jumps, the landings are just not good. Dikidzhi is interesting, reminds me of Shaidorov. He has jumps, spins are well-centered, camel and the last sit spin could use improvement, and he has posture and confidence. Tons of work to do, but there is potential.
I think of the top three, only Vlad has good landings, though they too could still be improved (more speed out of the jumps is something almost all Russian quad jumpers could profit from). Zhenya usually has to fight for them a bit, and Petya underrotates frequently, which takes away from the flow of the landing.

Reactions: Isk

icewhite

Record Breaker
I'll have to wait for the protocols, but the GOE given on quads within Russia is rarely measured by the same standards as internationally. Not even talking about technique, but just the perceived "fullness" of rotation and especially the smoothness of the running edge is something that's considered very important by international judges (see for example Yuma Kagiyama's 4S).

I'd guess Petr's scores would go down 10-15 points depending on the judging panel (maybe more if the tech panel is picky, his jumps don't always get fully around). I definitely don't see him breaking 300 pts internationally yet, on a good day he might be able to get into the high 280s/low 290s, which would place him 4th-5th in the SB list. :unsure:

I think it's not even as much the GOE as the PCS. Look at the PCS Adam gets, despite being much better in every aspect of PCS. Unless Petr would get huge fed support like an Eteri girl or an American he would never ever score 9s.

Skating91

Medalist
I'll have to wait for the protocols, but the GOE given on quads within Russia is rarely measured by the same standards as internationally. Not even talking about technique, but just the perceived "fullness" of rotation and especially the smoothness of the running edge is something that's considered very important by international judges (see for example Yuma Kagiyama's 4S).

I'd guess Petr's scores would go down 10-15 points depending on the judging panel (maybe more if the tech panel is picky, his jumps don't always get fully around). I definitely don't see him breaking 300 pts internationally yet, on a good day he might be able to get into the high 280s/low 290s, which would place him 4th-5th in the SB list. :unsure:

But international judges give huge GOE for cheated quad flips with huge prerotation, not rotated, blade assistance

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
As for Petya.
1) He fell
2) His jumps are judged pretty loyally. Were the 4S yesterday and 4Lo today fully rotated? If you judge them as Mosalev's jumps, they weren't.