2023-24 Spartakiad | Page 42 | Golden Skate

2023-24 Spartakiad

Skating91

Medalist
In tennis for a long time Roy Emerson was the major title leader with 12 until Sampras took over. 10 of the 12 were won when the best players went professional and couldn't play the majors. No-one considers Emerson better Laver. In 20-30 years we will look back on figure skating similarly.

LadyB

Record Breaker
Just noticed that I can handle the Dallas tune better after I've heard the National Anthem. :giggle:
Because it isn't in the spotlight anymore.

Last edited:

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
I'll return with Channel One Cup participants. Although I'm not sure how to count women's points since the federation hasn't officially changed the results of Nats.
Pairs
Anastasia Mishina/Aleksandr Galliamov
Aleksandra Boikova/Dmitri Kozlovski
+4 more

There's a tie between three couples for the spot. I don't know how they decide it. I think it's Chikmareva/Yanchenkov.

Skating91

Medalist
Petrosian 4Fq
Frolova 3Lzq+2A+2T
Sinitsyna 3Lo<
Gorbacheva 4Sq 3Lz+3T<
Sadkova 4Tq
Agaeva 3F!
Yametova 3Lzq+3T< 3Loq 3Lzq+2A 3F! 3F!<+2T+2Loq
Gushchina 3Loq
Kulikova 3Fe 3Lz<+1Eu+3Sq 2A+3T<
Zakharova 3F!+3T 2F! 2A<+1Eu+2S
Fursova 3Lz<+2A+2A 2Aq+3Tq

They are a lot stricter than in events outside Russia.

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Pairs
Anastasia Mishina/Aleksandr Galliamov
Aleksandra Boikova/Dmitri Kozlovski
+4 more

There's a tie between three couples for the spot. I don't know how they decide it. I think it's Chikmareva/Yanchenkov.
It's a tie!

Chikmareva/Yanchenkov
Khabibullina/Knyazhuk
Artemieva/Briukhanov

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
It feels like the pairs were the most impacted by the fatigue by the end of the long season. So many mistakes, and even Mishina looked a little subdued. But I can't wait to see what B/K would do next year. There interesting drama in their programs increases. Also, watching Ch/Ya struggles and growth with great curiosity.

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Also, watching Ch/Ya struggles and growth with great curiosity.
Ekaterina Chikmareva has a twin sister Anna who grew a lot and gave up pairs. Now she is an ice dancer for Perm. So I'm really curious how Ekaterina will cope.

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
I'm so happy for Mark

PRxURVrppwg.jpg

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Congrats to Adeliya!! The best senior ladies skater this season. I love her Michael Jackson program. I don’t like her free skate. But, kudos to landing those two 4T’s. I think maybe, she should replace the 4F with her 3A.

Also, ecstatic with the Frolova and Sinitsnya rivalry. Those two are amazing skaters and their scores keep edging higher domestically. Which makes me happy. These two skaters would have been sent to Euro’s and would have beaten Leona for silver and bronze. So sad when my fave skaters breakthrough in a season where they can’t compete internationally.

Also, Alina and her 4S is back. 👏
Is she senior eligible next year?
Daria… kudos on the 4T. I don’t like her skating, as much as the above.
Is she eligible next year too?

Veronika 🤗 (her growth has affected her triples a bit…); But, after this result, I think she is a lock for the National team

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
Also, Alina and her 4S is back. 👏
Is she senior eligible next year?
Daria… kudos on the 4T. I don’t like her skating, as much as the above.
Is she eligible next year too?
No to both. Like Akatieva, they'll be turning internationally Senior-eligible in the Olympic season (2025/26).

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
No to both. Like Akatieva, they'll be turning internationally Senior-eligible in the Olympic season (2025/26).
So, if Sofia Muravieva would have competed at worlds:

Senior Worlds team: Adeliya, Sofia M, Kseniia

Junior Worlds team: Margarita, Alena D, Anna Frolova (😳)

Or if Sofia M. Couldn’t compete at Worlds:

Senior Worlds team: Adeliya, Kseniia, Anna Frolova

Junior Worlds team: Margarita, Alena D, Alina G

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia

Margarita isn't junior-eligible. It could be Pleskacheva or Sadkova.

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker

Mura is already back on the ice doing spins and footwork, she's just wasn't ready for competition right now but it's nothing that would have kept her from Worlds, if the Russians were going.

Senior Worlds team would have been Adeliia, Mura and Kseniia. Probably same for Euros, though they could have split the assignments and given one each to Anna and Ksenia (which they've done sometimes in the past).

Under normal circumstances, all of the internationally Jr-eligible skaters intending to compete for the Jr Worlds spots would have done both Jr and Sr Nationals (if eligible), as I don't remember Russia ever sending anyone who has only done Sr Nationals (unless there was an injury/illness preventing participation at Jr Nationals). Anna likely wouldn't have been sent as a result, and Margarita isn't Jr eligible., so the Jr Worlds team would have likely been Alisa, and two of Alina Gorbacheva, Daria Sadkova, Lidia Pleskacheva and Sofia Dzepka, depending on how Jr Nationals would have turned out like and their international results.