2023 Cup of China Free Dance | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2023 Cup of China Free Dance

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm wondering if Kazakova / Revia are just not that good to be dropping placements, or is this Eteri's ploy to deny them world standing points, while propping up Davis / Smolkin?? Conspiracy?? Inquiring minds want to know... :))
Have Davis/Smolkin even competed this year?

Crowdproud

On the Ice
No need for a conspiracy though... It must be disheartening for the Georgians to have new competitors now who are ahead of them which means they won't qualify for worlds this year.
There's also an Olympic team medal possibility on the line. So yes, the timing for Kazakova / Revia was bad.

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
No need for a conspiracy though... It must be disheartening for the Georgians to have new competitors now who are ahead of them which means they won't qualify for worlds this year.
I'd feel sorry for them more if they were actually Georgian, rather than more Russians.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
There's also an Olympic team medal possibility on the line. So yes, the timing for Kazakova / Revia was bad.
Well, with K/R I don't think the Georgian team would be competitive. With D/S, yes, they may be shooting for a medal but it will really depend on everyone on their team to skate perfectly : they have no depth no real strong contender ( I don't see Gubanova as strong as some fans see her).

lileychristie

Lee-lay
Medalist
Country
Australia
Hello lovelies. I'm here for the last group of dancers :biggrin:

There's really been so many judges pit stops this season ey... I don't actually mind it, it's just interesting that suddenly everyone is doing it this season in all disciplines 😅 (except pairs I think)

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I think Ian is my favourite USA male dancer now with Vadym. I don't really care for either of their partners.