2023 Cup of China Men's Free Skate | Page 9 | Golden Skate

2023 Cup of China Men's Free Skate

tsuyoboogie

"Dedicate your heart" & Slay like an Ackerman
Record Breaker
Double fist pump after the 3Lo followed by a passionate StSq from Boyang :love2:❤️‍🔥❤️

I think this competition proves what I've been saying for years...that it was primarily Chinese fans responsible for Pooh-rain, not Japanese fans

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Double fist pump after the 3Lo followed by a passionate StSq from Boyang ❤️‍🔥❤️

This competition is proof that it was primarily Chinese fans responsible for Pooh-rain, not Japanese fans
For Boyang's stuffie rain, you mean? They aren't Poohs.

figureskatingandrainbows

It's Oka ShinnosuSLAY Season!
Record Breaker
Country
Olympic
Mikhail SHAIDOROV 🇰🇿
Carmina Burana by Carl Orff

4Lzq
3A (a bit forwards)
4T+3T
ChSq1 +0.70
3F
FCCoSp4
4T
3A+2A+SEQ
3F+1Eu+3S
FCSSp4
StSq2
CCoSp4

FS: 174.52 (1st)
TOT: 264.46 (1st)

Mikhail reminds me a bit of young Boyang or Ilia in a sense, where the jumps are just so good. The components aren't terrible either, his musical phrasing is quite good. He will be your surprise medalist of the event, and how incredible for Kazakhstan to have a new talent in the works.

Ares

Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Damn, Shaidorov nailed his jumps, including 4 Lz again. 😱 Siao Him Fa and Uno are in danger.

The music brings me flashbacks of that phenomenal Free Dance of Anissina/Peizerat. I got massive goosebumps watching that as a kid back in 1999 at World Championships. Such a pity that there's not a single video on YT that I was able to find with good resolution.

lileychristie

Lee-lay
Medalist
Country
Australia
Wow clean from Mikhail!! :clap: His impressive jumps will land him on the podium for sure.

His basic skating and spins still look slow & laboured to me though, especially when paired with the up tempo part of the music. But, I can see he's really putting the effort to improve his presentation marks with his expression and commitment to choreography.

YuBluByMe

May Rika spin her hair into GOLD….in 2026.
Final Flight
Shaidorov isn’t a natural performer and he doesn’t have the skating skills to pull off the heavy, dramatic music, but that was the best he performed that free skate. He’s trying to finish his moves and paying attention to the music. He didn’t just skate through it. He lost steam at the end; that step sequence looked like it was beat with an ugly stick. Beautiful opening 4Lz. High GOES deserved. He should be on the podium with that.