2023 European Championships Free Dance | Page 20 | Golden Skate

2023 European Championships Free Dance

kolyadafan2002

Fan of Kolyada
Final Flight
Some interesting scoring and small mistakes for both of the top two. From stumbles in the step sequence for Fear/Gibson to shaky combo lift for Italians. I feel like top two were both inflated, but technically the Italians are truly on another level. Finns probably could have been scored a bit higher, they were amazing.

Ruthypegs

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
that was great! I love all three of the top teams, so would have been happy in whatever order they were on the podium.

Really enjoyed Holubtsova and Bielobrov, too.

To my mind, F/G and G/F seemed slightly nervous in the free, and their programmes were consequently not as free/flowing as previously. Lewis was visibly disappointed with the outcome, (probably annoyed with himself for the slip-up). But a silver at Euros is fantastic!

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
I'm still on a catchup mode, final group left, but - I'M SO RELIEVED ALLISON GOT THE CROWN! I really wanted them to see the support and it wasn't that easy to do, but I'm beyond happy (for those interested - I made only four crowns that travelled with my friend to Espoo: for Adam Siao Him Fa, Deniss, Ekaterina and Allison/Saulius, Adam got his yesterday, Katia got hers today, still waiting for Intel about Deniss one)
Screenshot_20230128-214636_YouTube.jpg

Last edited:

bartlebooth

Record Breaker
Don't the Brits get 3 spots for placing second?

& I'm delighted for team Germany as their senior dance field is expanding nicely!
I fixed the original post! Thank you for pointing it out, i was adding up placements and I forgot that top 2 with only one couple = 3 spots.
Congrats to Fear/Gibson and let's hope that their Federation will use all the spots next year!

kolyadafan2002

Fan of Kolyada
Final Flight
that was great! I love all three of the top teams, so would have been happy in whatever order they were on the podium.

Really enjoyed Holubtsova and Bielobrov, too.

To my mind, F/G and G/F seemed slightly nervous in the free, and their programmes were consequently not as free/flowing as previously. Lewis was visibly disappointed with the outcome, (probably annoyed with himself for the slip-up). But a silver at Euros is fantastic!
Not sure if it'd make him feel better but I don't think any judges noticed the slip up, as the GOE was quite high on the Stsq. Interestingly the tech score for both teams was 69.05 exactly, which I would not have expected previously given the footwork capability of the Italians (which let them down looking at the levels). Interestingly Lilah and Lewis only got a lvl 3 on one of their lifts, but higher levels on the steps (not sure if I agree with that tech calling as I felt it was selectively generous, but Guidnard and Fabbri were definitely off their game today and subsequently werent getting usual levels. Its also rare to see Lilah and Lewis drop a level on the lift [aside from rare extended lifts], as lifts are usually their best element).

Overall for me it's an expected result, come about in an unexpected fashion

jersey1302

On the Ice
Country
Canada
What a great crowd for this event. Packed looked great. Top 6 were very entertaining. Noticeable improvements from the Lithuanian team. Such a high energy free dance.. I really liked them. Finns skated great..fantastic flow through out the entire dance. Great speed, thrilling medal in front of a home crowd. I absolutely love the Brits. That FD is everything haha. I would have liked to see them win but the Italians did skate very well.