2023 Four Continents: Info and Pre-game Chat | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2023 Four Continents: Info and Pre-game Chat

ptvvibezz

MK forever
Final Flight
Country
United-States
I want to get my flights and airbnb booked by the end of next month since the prices are relatively cheap right now but at the same time I don't want to waste all my money on a competition that'll get moved :(

Hyena

Tous les whiskys
Medalist
Did my monthly pop in to this thread to see if there was any news about tickets I hadn't heard...sounds like a no. I may go ahead and book a flight. I've done Grand Prixs and Nationals before, but never a bigger international event.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Hmf. I'm sure that whatever the problems were, ISA could have sorted them out by now and have everything ready! Why snatch it away from us so quickly if USFS weren't actually ready?

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker

macy

Record Breaker
has anyone else applied to volunteer?

i know from my experience volunteering at nationals you usually dont hear anything until about a couple months out, but i'd have thought this being a big international event there would be communication a lot earlier than that. i have gotten nothing at all, and my application hasn't been approved/denied either.

this and the tickets situation is pretty strange, especially since there hasn't been so much as an official schedule released.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
The ticket situation is weird because US is hosting and US is doing fabulous this year, so like, gotta be people like us betting on Malinin and Levito to be there…

yesterday

Record Breaker
OK, I called them up. (719-635-5200) The Secretary is "new". I asked them if Brent has been replaced. They said no. I asked if someone is handling his duties. They put me on hold and came back and said "Alyssa Heiner" was taking on some of his duties. They dumped me into her voice mail box where I left a message. Then I googled her. You can not get into a complete directory of USFS unless you are a member so if any of you are, or know someone who is, you can get me her email by signing in. She is listed on Linked In as "Administrative Business Partner". There is no info on her in the public USFS website that I could find. FOFS people are not considered official members of USFS.

it's [email protected]

source: https://www.usfigureskating.org/about/leadership-and-staff

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I could not get into the current media guide. I will keep trying. This is one from two years ago. I know Brent is gone but dont know about the others.
View attachment 5926

Here is the current on line 228 page flip book
I did a quick comparison of the 12 names from one list with the 11 names on the other list, and only found 3 in common: Reichert, Morrison, and Cover. High staff turnover is not a good sign.

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
OK, I got ahold of Alyssa. She says most likely the pre-sale will be mid December. I have some thinking to do as I will be at sea and the internet is not secure and very unreliable. Hopefully I can get one of the few on board actual computers at the right time..

Did she confirm it is not getting moved?

Any info on practice sessions and if they will be open?

Also... THANK YOU

Seven Sisters

Medalist
OK, I got ahold of Alyssa. She says most likely the pre-sale will be mid December. I have some thinking to do as I will be at sea and the internet is not secure and very unreliable. Hopefully I can get one of the few on board actual computers at the right time..
Just out of. curiosity, I looked up how many seats this arena has. Website says 7,300 “fixed” seats, with capacity for more. Yes, I’m sure large numbers of Japanese and Korean fans will be coming to cheer on Shoma, Kaori, Junhwan and others, but even so, that is a LOT of seats (more than 3x the capacity of the Skating Club of Boston, for example.) I don’t think we’ll need to worry about selling out on the first day. We will all probably be fine!

I have a refundable reservation at one of the hotels across the parking lot from the arena, and I’ve ordered some new flags. Bring on the tickets!

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
thank you! Given the event is early Feb, sale mid-December is really late for booking airplane tickets. 😥