2023 JGP Bangkok Jr. Women's SP | Page 21 | Golden Skate

2023 JGP Bangkok Jr. Women's SP

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
No, this is 100% not Sindra Kriisa sitting with Anna. Sindra was sitting with Anthea though.

Thank you. My (tired) mind is playing tricks with me.

Anna Bernauer actually does look young for her age, but it's likely neither Anna nor Sindra, but Robynne Tweedale (British ice dancer) who coaches the German Ice Dance team.

Ah! I forgot that Robynne was both over in Germany and coaching.

Mmmm. That'll be interesting. I can't remember ever seeing Robynne skating in Singles.

But, I do like the idea of having somebody with an Ice Dance background being included in the coaching team for Singles skaters. There are things that Ice Dancers can add that are beneficial to the student's whole package that coaches whose backgrounds are just in Singles can't.

CaroLiza_fan

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Another adoption...Katherine Ong Pui Kuan. I'm never going to be able to feed all these children, much less afford their training.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
For the love of the skating gods, WHERE ARE THE STUFFIES?

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I am forcing myself to stay up for this group. But that will be it after that for me. I need more training before I can watch 30 short programs.
I am watching them after waking and having a hard enough time doing that.
Are groups now 5 instead of 6? I noticed groups at Asian Open were 5 also.

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
I am watching them after waking and having a hard enough time doing that.
Are groups now 5 instead of 6? I noticed groups at Asian Open were 5 also.
It's because of the entry number - 31 entries means 5 groups of 5 and one group of six, while one less entry would have resulted in 5 groups of 6.

19 entries (Asian Open) should be 4+5+5+5.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
We may not have a TES box, but we do have a clock in a box. ;)

I had to laugh at Ted going on about the challenges of having an ice rink in a shopping centre. I was like "PUH-lease. At least it is a full sized rink. I take it you haven't seen the clips from the Cypriot Championships in May, which were also held in a shopping centre".

Angelina Kudryavtseva / Ilia Karankevich: https://www.instagram.com/p/CsEtnHWuomR/
Stefania Yakovleva: https://www.instagram.com/p/Cr-nop3trLG/
Marilena Kitromilis: https://www.instagram.com/p/Cr7sChIxbW7/

Now, THAT is a challenge!

CaroLiza_fan
Asian Open was in a shopping center last year. It had hockey barriers. And no stream. Sofia's mother bought the video of her skates so I got to see them.
I bet Thailand has a really strong team very soon as they are fully funding their skaters.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thank goodness it is a different skater from Israel that I am adopting. I couldn't bear another season of enduring listening to Billie Eilish courtesy of my kids.

Oh, nice guitar solo, though.

Complete with "Testing, Testing". So, we might get commentary back soon.

CaroLiza_fan
I am team mom of all Israeli skaters. And all skaters who represent the Philippines. Just wondering who you are adopting. There are many fine choices.