2023 JGP Cup of Austria: General Info | Golden Skate

2023 JGP Cup of Austria: General Info

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
2023 JGP Cup of Austria is the second of seven of the 2023-24 Junior Grand Prix series and will take place Aug 30 - Sep 2, 2023, in Linz, Austria, at the Linz AG Eisarena. The ISU Junior Grand Prix of Figure Skating Series consists of seven international junior invitational events during the fall culminating with the 2023-24 ISU Junior Grand Prix of Figure Skating Final in December 2023.

This event will feature all four disciplines: the singles (Men and Women), pair and ice dance disciplines, and will be conducted in accordance with the 2022 ISU Constitution and General Regulations, the ISU Special Regulations & Technical Rules for Single & Pair Skating, the Technical Rules for Ice Dance 2023/24 (ISU Communication 2560) and relevant ISU Communications.

Last edited by a moderator:

yesterday

Record Breaker
They already did their logo :D

Cup-of-AUSTRIA_ISU_Junior_Grand_Prix_Logo-1024x494.jpg

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
I'm not sure if I'll go and watch live, Linz isn't necessarily the city I want to spend one of the last summer weekends in. But lets wait for the entry lists, maybe I cannot resist. šŸ˜ø

yesterday

Record Breaker
It wouldn't say depressing, but it is a rather industrial city without any proper mountains or lakes around. So not my favourite place for my summer activities, which usually involve swimming and hiking. :laugh:
We will proudly welcome you to Pichlinger See or Pleschinger See :p (two lakes)
And you can of course hike the KĆ¼rnberg or the Pƶstlingberg :ROFLMAO: (two "mountains")

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
without any proper mountains or lakes around.

the KĆ¼rnberg or the Pƶstlingberg :ROFLMAO: (two "mountains")

You guys got me curious, so I looked them up:

Name
Height
KĆ¼rnberg526m
Pƶstlingberg539m

To put them into context, I compared them to my local mountain, Slieve Gallion, which dominates the skyline not just in my hometown, but of the whole surrounding area:

Name
Height
Slieve Gallion528m

I live on a drumlin. The top of it is at 86m, and I'm at 80m. It is a hill. And it is dwarfed by Slieve Gallion. There is no way that they can both have the same classification. Sieve Gallion is a mountain. Wikipedia even says so in it's opening sentence!

That's it settled. No question about it, those ARE "proper mountains" in Linz! ;) :biggrin:

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
will the event be open to the public or you need to buy tickets?
Tickets will go on sale 7th of August.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
The entries have been released:
I knew it! I knew that after updating a few of my Fan Fests this morning, I would end up having to go back to at least one of them! :drama:

Although there are not as many as I was expecting, I just had a feeling that I would have kids going to Linz. So I was waiting around for the entries to be announced before doing the updates. But, they took too long to come out, and I went ahead with the updates anyway.

I suppose I can re-assure myself that Angelina and Ilia's ISU Bio hasn't got their new music in it yet. So I was always going to have to go back to it anyway.

By the way, we have a commentator's nightmare in the Men's entry list:

(I take it that the two skaters representing Hungary are brothers, as they are both originally from Tiumen).

Whoever is behind the microphone will be grateful that the first and third skaters in that table are alternates.

CaroLiza_fan

Andrea82

Medalist
Strange lack of Italian entries in men (they had 2 spots) and women given that Austria is pretty close.
edit: Italy didn't have any spot in Women, so I can't be surprised by the of lack of entries. The point about Men still stands.

Last edited:
Country
Israel
Strange lack of Italian entries in men (they had 2 spots) and women given that Austria is pretty close.
edit: Italy didn't have any spot in Women, so I can't be surprised by the of lack of entries. The point about Men still stands.
Lombardia trophy is a week after so maybe it's a factor?