2023 JGP Istanbul Rhythm Dance | Page 8 | Golden Skate

2023 JGP Istanbul Rhythm Dance

lileychristie

Lee-lay
Medalist
Country
Australia
These can go on the bonfire, hers is ugly and the back, I think it shows her tan lines??
I don't think it's nice to comment on her tan lines like that... We can hate the costume but I think we shouldn't comment on what should or shouldn't be shown on someone's body, especially on a junior girl.

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Giulia Isabella PAOLINO / Andrea TUBA ITA both in black. She in a one sleeve look with an enormous ponytail. They skate to The Power of Love & Flashdance. Much better outing for them as well. Very nice levels on the key points and excellent energy. I really like this team.

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
i did too, but in 5th place...
Well, I put them into fourth, but that's still only 25 points for me currently. If the top Americans and the Ukrainians could at least switch, I'd already have a few points more, lol 😅 I don't think I'll get more than 45 points at the very most this time around though 🤔

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I don't think it's nice to comment on her tan lines like that... We can hate the costume but I think we shouldn't comment on what should or shouldn't be shown on someone's body, especially on a junior girl.
Okay, I admit you have a point. I overstepped.

Mods, if you want to delete...

yyzskater

On the Ice
Exactly. How are you supposed to fix an issue when you are told there's no problem in domestic competitions? It seems cruel to hype them up with big national scores, just for them to be absolutely hammered internationally.

It's really an ethical question for me more than anything, especially as these are often very young skaters, and I feel like this definitely must impact them psychologically.
And it wasn't just this team. Almost all the Canadian ice dance team has been scored significantly lower (like 6-11 points) internationally than they have all summer at the domestic events. Even Giang/Nyguen who won bronze at Linz scored 8 points lower in the RD compared to the summer domestic scores. It doesn't mean they aren't good. It just means extremely inflated marks that messes with the skaters heads and makes it hard to mentally prepare for international competition. The 1/7 teams that competed in the Ontario Summer competitions have done better internationally.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
There is some neon at least in this event. Catching up and having a blast. So far, I really liked the Mexican team.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Sofiia DOVHAL / Wiktor KULESZA POL are the neon kids skating to Wham - appropriately for me Wake Me Up before you GoGo! Love her pink boot covers. Not so good on the key points though. Very fun program. Into the lead they gogo
Papers! I file papers!