2023 Russian Nationals Women's Short Program | Page 10 | Golden Skate

2023 Russian Nationals Women's Short Program

Pairluv

Final Flight
So, the question is, will Sofia M knock Valieva out of the top 3?

Ksenia Sinitsina has been skating so well, but she just doesn't have the ultra-C elements to get to the podium.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS · EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
It's last group for today. I believe Zamboni driver could be sacrificed.

Well if you want to hold the driver down, fair play to you!

solecism-t_rex.gifp

CaroLiza_fan

Vlad Karigov

On the Ice
But see my eyes... I'm seeing the new Nugumanova... Beauty, Charisma, Dance...

It is always positive to see these skaters that give more importance to choreography... good skating Zakharova...

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
Sofia Zakharova was one of my personal favourite discoveries last season, I was rooting so hard for her to qualify for Jr Nats, and she just made it then as the last qualifier, placing second to last at the actual Championship - And now she's here at Sr Nats and looking at a possible top 10 finish 🥹

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
The 3F fall was annoying and the StSq could do with a little more energy. But overall quite nice from Agneta. :clap:
This was still a decently good skate for Agneta - Even just making it to Sr Nats is a huge accomplishment for her after her struggles last season.

Such a shame she hasn't yet quite managed to get back that fire she had in juniors.đź’”

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS · EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
For a moment during that programme, I thought the music was going to turn into "Speak Softly, Love".

Good job it didn't. That dress is too cheerful looking for a "Godfather" programme.

Seeing it again on the replay, that was a very hard fall.

Agneta looks sad.

Into 12th and penultimate place.

Oh no, when they left to go to the next skater, it looked like she was about to burst into tears.

:ghug:

CaroLiza_fan

JimR

On the Ice
I thought no way Kamila would go for the 3A because she's been flawless with her non ultra c elements all season and even at her peak last season the 3A was never dependable. She was virtually guaranteed 82 points for the SP with a 2A. Akateva even with the best skate in her career in the SP (which she probably had) wasn't going to have an insurmountable lead going into the FS even if she nailed her jumps.

I don't know who pushed it, but it felt like a mistake. Sure if Kamila lands it she's up an extra 11 points and she's putting the pressure on Akateva and Petrosyan, but considering her best jump is the 4T and she's yet to land that in competition this season (8/8 in the jump competition so she has restored it no doubt), to push for the 3A was too much of a gamble.

Now Kamila has no choice but to risk it all in the FS.

I don't whether Eteri pushed for the 3A or Kamila, but it was a miscalculation. If it was Kamila pushing it, Eteri needed to tell her go for the 2A and score an almost certain 82 which leaves her in contention for tomorrow. Now she has to skate perfectly and rely on Akateva having a terrible skate.

Petrosyan has been massively underscored in her two appearances this year. I don't like it.

Disappointing day if you're a Kamila fan, and now she's in a position where she has to risk it all for a win, so if it blows up she risks no medal at all.