2023 Skate America Free Dance | Page 15 | Golden Skate

2023 Skate America Free Dance

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
I get what Madi's dress is going for and it's really cool yes, but honestly, the back is more so giving me violin than clock 🤣 And now I'm wondering if C/B will ever do a FS where she is the violin and he is the violinist 😜
try to channel your inner Dali a little bit more :biggrin: maybe some funny cigarette will help, like those PInk floyd used to smoke :biggrin: :biggrin:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Watchng LaLa and CB back to back. Let's give LaLa their dues : their edges and gliding are superior. CB have a great program here with a ton of twisting and lifting movements intertwined in the choreo. I really like it... But they pose a lot. They don't skate through the whole 4 minutes of the FD. What about ice coverage??? Isn't that a huge factor in ice dance? Judges loved them when we see the GOE, even for the straight line lift that was wobbly and received perhaps the highest GOE of all straight line lifts... with 1.58. So yeah... if I were very positive with CB's RD, and if I do love this FD, I wished they skated more and I wished the other teams who do skate and make this more about sport than acting were rewarded.

tabsy

Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
That was a very enjoyable event. Gonna make some hot chocolate and see you over at the Women's thread :coffee:

labgoat

Working on Costumes contest & REWATCHES
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Some very innovative moves in Chock & Bates program. I love the music by itself and find their concept interesting.. I agree that the program is slow at this point - that has time to get used to the choreo. Given that they had quite a bad fall yesterday, I can understand the extra caution taken. I look forward to seeing it develop in interpretation and in speed as I am sure it will.

tabsy

Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
I'm off to the ladies free stream now. Hope Chris might be quieter there - he's been really irritating me!
I'm afraid it's gonna be worse - he normally stays largely quiet through the actual ice dance programs, but he will be commenting on all the jumps as they happen, I imagine....

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
don't say they win with this. just no.
it's slow, they have a lot of standstill moments and she hardly skates on the ice
of course they are great dancers, but compared to the others, don't tell me they are better
I actually kind of agree tho they are my fav dancers I really wanted LaLa in first… oh well

Weathergal

Medalist
From what I understand, Chock / Bates got a late-ish start to the season because they were performing in a lot of shows. So I'm thinking as they get more mileage, the speed will improve.

I liked it because, well I like a good Pink Floyd program, and I loved the inventiveness of the moves. Plus I have to say it was a breath of fresh air after the Green / Parsons, Lajoie / Lagha type of music - not that both teams didn't skate very well!