2023 Skate America Free Dance | Page 16 | Golden Skate

2023 Skate America Free Dance

labgoat

Working on Costumes contest & REWATCHES
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Watchng LaLa and CB back to back. Let's give LaLa their dues : their edges and gliding are superior. CB have a great program here with a ton of twisting and lifting movements intertwined in the choreo. I really like it... But they pose a lot. They don't skate through the whole 4 minutes of the FD. What about ice coverage??? Isn't that a huge factor in ice dance? Judges loved them when we see the GOE, even for the straight line lift that was wobbly and received perhaps the highest GOE of all straight line lifts... with 1.58. So yeah... if I was very positive with CB's RD, and if I do love this FD, I wished they skated more and I wished the other teams who do skate and make this more about sport than acting were rewarded.
LaLa looked beautiful and had gorgeous flow and glide and ice coverage. Can you enlighten me more about the music - is it from a movie, a tone poem piece or something else. I thought it was a pretty skate and need to rewatch it to appreciate what made them choose to share it.

labgoat

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
@elektra blue
Did you see the surprise find I left for you in the RD thread here?

16Olympics

On the Ice
Watchng LaLa and CB back to back. Let's give LaLa their dues : their edges and gliding are superior. CB have a great program here with a ton of twisting and lifting movements intertwined in the choreo. I really like it... But they pose a lot. They don't skate through the whole 4 minutes of the FD. What about ice coverage??? Isn't that a huge factor in ice dance? Judges loved them when we see the GOE, even for the straight line lift that was wobbly and received perhaps the highest GOE of all straight line lifts... with 1.58. So yeah... if I were very positive with CB's RD, and if I do love this FD, I wished they skated more and I wished the other teams who do skate and make this more about sport than acting were rewarded
Do you think Evan will have a dramatically different costume later in the season: a black practice outfit with TWO addidas stripes?
It was better than the RD 'costume' he wore. Lots of things will change as the season goes on as it always does with CB.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
LaLa looked beautiful and had gorgeous flow and glide and ice coverage. Can you enlighten me more about the music - is it from a movie, a tone poem piece or something else. I thought it was a pretty skate and need to rewatch it to appreciate what made them choose to share it.
It's from Jean-Michel Blais. He is a "nihilistic" (my label) pianist from Montreal. I don't know much more because I don't like this "minimalist'-crossover style of piano. I think it was used in some series as Marjo's mom pointed out to her :) (it's mentioned in one of the GS interviews)
There is a very strong trend of this sort of music right now, and it seems to reach figure skating as well. I like music that evolves and goes somewhere as opposed to stagnant.

The piece is called Roses, and is from an album called Dans ma main from 2018. What irks me the most is when they market this as classical music :)

labgoat

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It's from Jean-Michel Blais. He is a "nihilistic" (my label) pianist from Montreal. I don't know much more because I don't like this "minimalist'-crossover style of piano. I think it was used in some series as Marjo's mom pointed out to her :) (it's mentioned in one of the GS interviews)
There is a very strong trend of this sort of music right now, and it seems to reach figure skating as well. I like music that evolves and goes somewhere as opposed to stagnant.
So more of an abstract piece of lovely then. Admire the beauty of the rose and its stem?
Meditate on the fact hat it has thorns.

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
@elektra blue
Did you see the surprise find I left for you in the RD thread here?
opening number for the gala of our award :LOL:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
So more of an abstract piece of lovely then. Admire the beauty of the rose and its stem?
Meditate on the fact hat it has thorns.
I was a bit nervous ;) and thought, if something happens I will post that Canada now has prickly roses, not just cacti :)

labgoat

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I was a bit nervous ;) and thought, if something happens I will post that Canada now has prickly roses, not just cacti :)
But it didn't and they were lovely. I just need a bit more connection between them. They gaze outward a lot giving them a sense of two people instead of one team.

labgoat

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
BTW : I am watching you judge number 3 for giving LALA below PCS in the 7s. In what world???
I haven't looked at the judges yet - too deep for me as I have only had 45 minutes of sleep since working last night. Maybe tomorrow. ah judge #3 from Spain promoting/protecting his own I guess or prefers the bolder/bawdy approach of his new team - who knows.

labgoat

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I haven't looked at the judges yet - too deep for me as I have only had 45 minutes of sleep since working last night. Maybe tomorrow. ah judge #3 from Spain promoting/protecting his own I guess or prefers the bolder/bawdy approach of his new team - who knows.
tell me which chart on Skating Scores - my brain is too slow right now