2023 Skate Canada Pairs Free Skate | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2023 Skate Canada Pairs Free Skate

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
It certainly seems like this crowd is there to cheer on Stellato-Dudek/Deschamps...
It also seems like they are (and have been throughout) very good at through sheer volume making it sound like there are a lot more of them than there are on the video, which is a good thing.:cheer2:

figureskatingandrainbows

It's Oka ShinnosuSLAY Season!
Record Breaker
Country
Olympic
Maria PAVLOVA / Alexei SVIATCHENKO 🇭🇺
My Perception Of Love by Benjamin Amaru, Iron 2021 by Woodkid

3Tw3
3T+2A+2A+SEQ
3FTh
3S
5ALi4
ChSq1 +0.40
3LoTh (a little forward but so much height)
5RiLi4
4Li3 (a little laboured especially in the change of positions)
BiDs2
PCoSp4 (very slow on the first position)

FS: 125.56 SB (1st)
TOT: 187.78 SB (1st)

I'm sorry why are there tassels? Kids, if people offer to add apocalyptic tassels to your costumes, just say no. A very technically good skate, not quite as emotionally investing perhaps but there is no denying their consistency and skill.

Last edited:

Dr. Jenn

Medalist
Wow - Really impressive skate by the Hungarian team! :D I had never seen them before, but they are very strong. I did not love the program though. I am getting tired of the same-y music that these teams are using.

Ares

Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Pavlova/Sviatchenko impressed, they're likely nabbing a place on the podium. The choreography was so-so I thought but I loved many of their tech elements and they had good pace too.

Only level 2 for death spiral.

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Another clean skate by the Hungarians!!

They are so consistent. But, I did notice how slow they were compared to previous teams

Last edited:

Seven Sisters

Medalist
Well, when you skate to the Umbrellas of Cherbourg in Canada, you have to assume the ghost of Tessa & Scott are going to be there to start messing with you

And don’t you dare to copy that thing where you are draped over his leg, young lady :)

ETA: OMG, Mark Hanratty also invoking Tessa & Scott’s interpretation, great minds thinking alike :)

figureskatingandrainbows

It's Oka ShinnosuSLAY Season!
Record Breaker
Country
Olympic
Anastasia GOLUBEVA / Hektor GIOTOPOULOS MOORE 🇦🇺
The Umbrellas of Cherbourg by Michel Legrand

3Tw2
3T+3T+COMBO (Hektor steps out)
3STh
3S (Hektor steps out)
BoDs3
PCoSp4
5ALi4
3LoTh (stepout)
5RLi4
4Li4
ChSq1 +1.25

FS: 116.81 SB (2nd)
TOT: 179.61 SB (2nd)

Ares

Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Probably no historic medal for Australians here, not a good day for Hector in jumps and multiple minor errors throughout, surely they'll land behind the team representing Hungary given their tiny lead.

I loved their attention to detail here.