2024 Canadian Nationals Senior Rhythm Dance | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2024 Canadian Nationals Senior Rhythm Dance

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
What a joy this Rhythm Dance was. I couldn't watch European's but this was really fun. And the commenting was great. Kirsten and Kaitlyn both very positive, no chatter as long as the programme is going on and excellent explanations during the replay parts. Very enjoyable. I thought Piper and Paul were great but the other Paul with Alicia was great too. And I continue to be a fan of Marie-Jade and Romain. Yes, I know some couples are missing, but even without those the field is deep!

SkatersWaltz

On the Ice
I didn't expect Fabri/Ayre to be so close to Le/La.

With Corpse Bride, as long as they don't make any major mistakes, I think they'll be a bigger gap and they'll hold on to second.

It's close for the bronze.

I feel bad for Haley/Nick and Molly/Dimitri. They just don't seem to be improving enough and younger teams are passing them.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Oh, that's why it's so hard to figure out ice dance judging.

Like Fa/Ay had program so similar to Ga/Th and to us, Ga/Th were much, much better, but like Fa/Ay were in third, and Ga/Th were well below. Also AB guys were really engaging too...and low scored as well.

Unfortunately, Piper and Paul had an off day and we really missed La/La... we liked Laurialt/Le Gac tbh, and where surprised by the gap in score, like they were saving a seat for the two missing couples heh.

Overall though, ignoring judging, very fun competition with mostly upbeat music which was really nice for ID!

rain

Record Breaker
Piper and Paul were great, and the class of the field and this is my favourite rhythm dance of the season. Good for Paul for saving that twizzle. They looked a bit like they were thinking through it, which makes sense because it looked like they'd made a number of changes. Not a super big fan of the new lift, at least not yet. I hope that's not its final form. I'm guessing they changed it because their other one wasn't being perceived as difficult enough. The new one still needs some miles.

Really missed LaLa here.

Everyone obviously loved Fabri/Ayer, but their music just doesn't do it for me, sorry! Just a personal preference.

I was really impressed with Bashynska/Beaumont. I don't think I'd seen their RD before and I really liked it. I think Lane/Razgulajevs and crew are not given enough credit for the great and original choreography they come out with.

Lauriault/Le Gac looked good ā€” I like their FD better (which I love, love, love).

Sales/Wamsteeker indeed looked rusty. I'm a little surprised by how much they seem to have lost with being away for such a relatively short amount of time.

Last edited:

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
The dance is Canada's best but when you are missing the Danadians who I hoped would medal at worlds this year and the up and coming LaLA well Piper and Paul are walking away with this even with an error. Nice for two lucky teams who will win a medal in the abasnece of two great teams. But poor Canada. Their team really is not very strong at least at Nationals.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
The dance is Canada's best but when you are missing the Danadians who I hoped would medal at worlds this year and the up and coming LaLA well Piper and Paul are walking away with this even with an error. Nice for two lucky teams who will win a medal in the abasnece of two great teams. But poor Canada. Their team really is not very strong at least at Nationals.
Let me remind you that just a few weeks ago, everyone was talking about Canada sending 3 dance teams at GPF. Sometimes, timing is off. Last year, Piper and Paul couldn't even be at Nationals nor 4cc.

Marjorie has a concussion. I am very happy they are observing concussion protocols here.

Ice dance, of all disciplines, is barely the place to express doom when it comes to Canadian skating. Be my guest in the men's SP.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Oh, that's why it's so hard to figure out ice dance judging.

Like Fa/Ay had program so similar to Ga/Th and to us, Ga/Th were much, much better, but like Fa/Ay were in third, and Ga/Th were well below. Also AB guys were really engaging too...and low scored as well.
fabbri/ayer are seasoned competitors.... they are much cleaner. I love Sandrine and Quentin but they are 19 and 20 or so.. just out of juniors. I wish they scored higher but they are very young and new to the game.
Unfortunately, Piper and Paul had an off day and we really missed La/La... we liked Laurialt/Le Gac tbh, and where surprised by the gap in score, like they were saving a seat for the two missing couples heh.
making a mistake on one element is costly but if the other elements were skated well...
Overall though, ignoring judging, very fun competition with mostly upbeat music which was really nice for ID!
look at the protocols... levels are informative

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
not really worried about Paul's twizzles but the Pattern steps : they need to do better than that... the RD starts a bit week