2024 European Championships Pairs Short Program | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2024 European Championships Pairs Short Program

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Btw it works for walking, not just jogging.

DON'T THINK OF IT AS EXERCISES.
Forget about the calories, just let your body get used to regular movement sessions. Start small, and once you notice a positive change it will become a habit. Your sessions will get longer all by themselves and you will even start to miss them when you haven't done them for a while. It was the same with me when I started jogging.

Country
Norway
Such a shame with those mistakes. Things are not looking great for them qualifying now but it was still great to see the Austrian pairs team and i´m sure they can take this as experience and they havn´t really been skating long together:clap::clap:

EdgeCall

Record Breaker
I don't know... When I graduated from high school I was determined to lose weight (I weighed less then than I do now lol) and I did PT sessions plus a weight loss diet and managed to lose like 15 kg, but the habit didn't stick. Worse, I got obsessive about my weight (like I would literally freak out if I gained like 0.2 kg), my mental health dipped, and it took a lot of therapy to be more positive about my body image. I'm just not an exercise person, it seems to me
Yes, if one is focused on losing weight it can be demoralizing. It's the infamous Yo-Yo-effect, the faster you lose it the faster it will come back. The idea is to get to a more active permanent livestyle.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
You are going out to see the sun, cute doggies, maybe people, maybe scenery, maybe a pond, or river, or ocean. If you have to drive/take transit to a place where you actually would like to walk, you can do it!

And if it makes you feel better, the rest will follow.

And when you finish your walk, ask yourself, "Do I feel a little better?" Then answer, "Yes!" if you can

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Yes, if one is focused on losing weight it can be demoralizing. It's the infamous Yo-Yo-effect, the faster you lose it the faster it will come back. The idea is to get to a more active permanent lifestyle.
This is the difficult part for me, I just don't feel good when working out :( :( :(

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Sophia is just accepting it. But Livio is devastated. He started crying just as the camera left them.

:ghug:

Well, my kids are now through to the FS. But, this isn't the way I would have wanted it to happen.

CaroLiza_fan

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
You are going out to see the sun, cute doggies, maybe people, maybe scenery. If you have to drive/take transit to a place where you actually would like to walk, you can do it!
Isn't that draining..? I am the definition of an indoors person so I need purpose to actually make myself go outside my room

icewhite

Record Breaker
Regarding the weight loss or not and activity I think it's too complex to solve this here in a minute, but we can open a thread in the café with people's struggles and what they tried or ideas?

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Regarding the weight loss or not and activity I think it's too complex to solve this here in a minute, but we can open a thread in the café with people's struggles and what they tried or ideas?
Oh god I am so sorry for all the OT

EdgeCall

Record Breaker
This is the difficult part for me, I just don't feel good when working out :( :( :(
Maybe you are already doing too much? No need to tourture yourself, just do as much as you can repeatedly handle. But do it often(!), three times a week as a minimum.

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Maybe you are already doing too much? No need to tourture yourself, just do as much as you can repeatedly handle. But do it often(!), three times a week as a minimum.
Oh I'm definitely not doing too much, that much I can tell. It's just that I am weak-willed and overall just hate moving about