2024 European Championships Pairs Short Program | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2024 European Championships Pairs Short Program

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Thanks - I was a skater in the 60s and am now 76. I can manage my way around the internet but VPNs are a bit too much for me to handle! 😩

Don't worry. I'm half your age, and I there are a lot of things about technology nowadays that I haven't a clue about.

That is what I like about the Opera browser. The VPN is built into it, so all you have to do is press a button to turn it on before you go to the ISU YouTube channel, and away you go! I've never used a stand alone VPN, but I would imagine that you have to go through more steps than that.

Hope you get something sorted some way. Because this is already a good competition.

CaroLiza_fan

bartlebooth

Record Breaker
Isn't that draining..? I am the definition of an indoors person so I need purpose to actually make myself go outside my room
Being exposed to daylight is really good for you, even on a hormonal level (I'm a fellow indoor person, but I try to force myself whenever I see that I'm being too much of a vampire ). If you don't have a nice park available, you could try to go on foot somewhere nice? I always go on foot to a library downtown, and coming and going I walk about 10k steps. If possible, you may go on foot or even by bike to a movie theater, which is a great activity for introverts.

Edit I'm sorry for the OT

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
My therapist recommends walks, which is doable I guess

That's the issue right there, I start thinking 'how many calories will this burn anyway' and I just lose the will
As one who has had a life long battle with weight, it is so hard to establish strategies to deal with cravings. Over time it became all about nutrition and care of my well being.. knowing what is best for my body so finding foods that were good for me, helped curb cravings (but never eliminating them unfortunately) was critical to health but not easy.. and when I do indulge I try not to scold myself..
Also: some doctors are more forgiving than others regarding weight…. Though I do not look heavy I tend to carry more weight than say my sister who is a total light weight and never worries about it. Though I am healthy (and doctor approved!) I tend to carry a bit more weight and feel better because of it; just 5 pounds less leaves me feeling a bit weak and frail … funny how that happens! Your doctor should cut you some slack as long as you are healthy. As for exercise, moving just for the sake of moving doesn’t work for me… so finding an activity that you are passionate about that gets you up and moving is a good thing but may take time to find.
I like lemon tea, dark chocolate, fruit
as snacks but go light on biscuits and anything with high sugar content that does not contribute to nutrition.
Sorry for the long post.. good luck!😻 Hope it helps..

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Being exposed to daylight is really good for you, even on a hormonal level (I'm a fellow indoor person, but I try to force myself whenever I see that I'm being too much of a vampire ). If you don't have a nice park available, you could try to go on foot somewhere nice? I always go on foot to a library downtown, and coming and going I walk about 10k steps. If possible, you may go on foot or even by bike to a movie theater, which is a great activity for introverts.
Oh lord the more I reply the more I expose my terrible lifestyle. I am ashamed to admit that I can't be bothered to change out of my pajamas unless I have work/appointments...

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
@elbkup My issue isn't really about cravings but the extreme lack of exercise, but thank you for your words and consideration