2024 U.S. Nationals Senior Women's Free Skate | Page 26 | Golden Skate

2024 U.S. Nationals Senior Women's Free Skate

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Which is not old enough. She needed to be 16 on 1st July last summer. She also won't be senior eligible next year because she will need to be 17 on 1st July this year to compete as a senior next season.
They should lower the age down to 16 they went overboard moving it up to 17 especially since there are no Russians around to worry about.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
If I were king of USFSA, and I know I'm not, I would not name the World Team until after 4CC.
oh oh... some very big shift for you ... you have always said that nationals should be the deciding factor !

BTW levito is not going to 4cc.. .does that mean her season is over ?

SmileHappy34

Final Flight
This is second year in row Josephine make a splash at nationals.
She skated great.
She finished 5th in her senior debut
Now her second season the silver medal.
Hopefully she does better on international circuit or hopefully if picked for junior worlds . She does better Sarah Everhart pick skates well .

Kris135

On the Ice
If I were king of USFSA, and I know I'm not, I would not name the World Team until after 4CC.
I agree because after this Ava should be clearly back in the mix. If she does really well then she should get the second spot for Senior after Amber. Most likely they will name Amber and Isabeau but I if I was picking after this Ava should clearly be considered.

readernick

Medalist
I actually disagree with all the comments about Isabeau's technique failing her. Yes, her jumps are ugly but they actually look a lot better in practice now than they have in the past. She doesn't get as low and she covers more distance.

IMHO her struggles ( like Amber's ) are all related to nerves. It's easy to perform when there are no expectations and very hard to do so when you are the favorite. Many skaters experience this during their second senior season. She'll have to learn to cope with her perfectionism and nerves. It is what it is

World's team will still very likely be Amber and Isabeau. The might do well or they might implode. It's impossible to predict with those two....

R.D.

Record Breaker
Final Scores for the Women's Free Skate
  1. Amber Glenn (210.46)
  2. Josephine Lee (204.13)
  3. Isabeau Levito (200.68)
  4. Sarah Everhardt (193.370
  5. Clare Seo (187.56)
  6. Starr Andrews (185.49)
  7. Lindsay Thorngren (180.98)
  8. Mia Kalin (177.81)
  9. Audrey Shin (175.61
  10. Elyce Lin-Gracey (173.11)
  11. Soho Lee (167.03)
  12. Sonja Hilmer (164.89)
  13. Wren Warne-Jacobsen (161.23)
  14. Katie Shen (160.87)
  15. Michelle Lee (156.84)
  16. Brooke Gewalt (154.80)
  17. Alex Evans (152.80)
  18. Lindsay Wang (142.33)
Thanks for posting the scores/results.

If I were to guess, it sounds like the World Team candidates would be Glen (as the winner) and Levito (more experience). Unless they changed the selection process recently...

FlossieH

Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
Who is your first reserve for 4CC? I think Lindsay is a beautiful skater who has always been underappreciated by your Fed, but I can't help wondering whether she needs more time to heal from her injury. (and I'm thinking about her longer-term career with that).