Alexandra Trusova leaves Eteri Tutberidze | Golden Skate

Alexandra Trusova leaves Eteri Tutberidze

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caliban

On the Ice
Russian figure skater Alexandra Trusova left the group of Eteri Tutberidze.
According to "R-Sport" with reference to a source close to the situation, now the 18-year-old athlete will train with Svetlana Sokolovskaya.

It seems like Sasha choose Mark over figure skating (at least in my opinion)

TAT already comment:

"I don't understand this solution. She went to where (Mark) Kondratyuk. After Tutberidze, Sokolovskaya will not help her in any way," Tarasova said.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
According to "R-Sport" with reference to a source close to the situation, now the 18-year-old athlete will train with Svetlana Sokolovskaya.

TAT already comment:

"I don't understand this solution. She went to where (Mark) Kondratyuk. After Tutberidze, Sokolovskaya will not help her in any way," Tarasova said.

Can you give a link to the article/video? Sadly I do not know Russian, but I am hoping that translation programs can help me.

Amei

Record Breaker

TAT already comment:

So a figure skater whose only standout elements are her quads is going to a coach whose star student has horrific quads?

But then again who is she going to go to if not Eteri? Plushenko didn't work out, she allegedly was not interested in sharing ice with Kostornaia when they both went to AoP so CSKA seems out of the question.

Caliban

On the Ice
Can you give a link to the article/video? Sadly I do not know Russian, but I am hoping that translation programs can help me.
This is where all started i think - https://rsport.ria.ru/20221001/trusova-1820908067.html
The silver medalist of the 2022 Winter Olympic Games in Beijing, figure skater Alexandra Trusova, has moved from coach Eteri Tutberidze to Svetlana Sokolovskaya, a source close to the situation told RIA Novosti.
It is noted that the reasons for the transition are still unknown. At the same time, at the end of September, the athlete performed at the test skates of the Russian national team, representing the Tutberidze group.

And this is reposts:

Country
Norway
Wow, good for her!

Honestly, I don´t think the main reason she will now move is because of Mark, I surely believe she is more reflected than to move basically because of her BF. This is most likely a product of what happened at OG, she was clearly very mad at her team, and it was already discussed that she might leave already then. That she will stay in Mark K team is probably a bonus. She seemed very unmotivated about her career after what happened, and it´s probably a good idea for her to switch environment to find new motivation.

On top of that, she has an injury like many others of the girls from Sambo-70, so maybe she realizes she need to care of her health as well. I really hope this is not a Alena situation where she is being kicked out from Sambo-70 because she is not able to train as normal with the Ultra-C elements. I will scream furiously if that is the case!!

Good luck Sasha, you deserve this!!!

Lurker11

On the Ice
Sasha is great and on another day she gets the Olympic gold but unfortunately for her the scores didn’t go her way.

I think Sasha is semi retired now. She might not realise it of course. She has no quads I think she pulled out of test skates because she doesn’t have a free skate put together (plus wouldn’t have been able to jump any quads).

We’ll have to hear now how Eteri has supposedly destroyed another career but I don’t think these things are so simple in Russia with Eteri caught in the middle as much as anyone. I think we’ll see a big shake up in the next month or 6 months depending how it plays out. Eteri I believe as a woman with daughter is not malicious or abusive. It runs a lot deeper and maybe why Sasha has left.

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Interesting. My guess is that it is not the time to risk your body and overall health, when you're a Russian figure skater. She will want to compete at the next Olympics and needs her quads in 3 years, not now anyway when there's no option to compete internationally.
Could be a smart move. I hope for her that her new coaching team can provide a good working environment.

Caliban

On the Ice
Alexandra Trusova moved from Eteri Tutberidze to Svetlana Sokolovskaya due to hard training, which, according to the athlete, affects her health, a source told RIA Novosti Sport.

"Trusova has stopped arranging a heavy training regime in Tutberidze's group, which, in her opinion, makes her injuries worse," the agency interlocutor said

From Samosvalov (journalist from RIA)

Caliban

On the Ice
Another update:

The silver medalist of the 2022 Olympic Games in Beijing, Russian figure skater Alexandra Trusova, will discuss the transition from coach Eteri Tutberidze to Svetlana Sokolovskaya with the leadership of the Russian Figure Skating Federation (FFKKR) on Monday, a source close to the situation told RIA Novosti.
On Saturday, RIA Novosti sources reported that Trusova moved to Sokolovskaya because of the heavy training regime at Tutberidze, who stopped arranging the athlete due to aggravated injuries.
The Olympic champion of Beijing in figure skating team competitions Mark Kondratyuk, who is in a close relationship with Trusova, trains in Sokolovskaya's group.

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
Good luck to Trusova! Fingers crossed that she can heal her injury fully. We know she enjoys jumping first and foremost, so if she says the training load was too much for her in her current state, then I bet she's not exaggerating, and just made the best choice for her career. And if Sokolovskaia has Kondratiuk, then she must know how to teach quads, hence I think this switch has potential. Eteri's center seems crowded anyway.

kolyadafan2002

Fan of Kolyada
Final Flight
Good luck to Trusova! Fingers crossed that she can heal her injury fully. We know she enjoys jumping first and foremost, so if she says the training load was too much for her in her current state, then I bet she's not exaggerating, and just made the best choice for her career. And if Sokolovskaia has Kondratiuk, then she must know how to teach quads, hence I think this switch has potential. Eteri's center seems crowded anyway.
At this point teaching quads isn't the main thing (trusova knows quads, so they just need to correct mistakes overcome mental blocks etc).

The thing that every coach has neglected up to now is introducing a balanced program. Trusova might not be able to compete internationally for a while, so ease off the quad gas to try improve longevity, and work on the things that really need work.

Amei

Record Breaker
At this point teaching quads isn't the main thing (trusova knows quads, so they just need to correct mistakes overcome mental blocks etc).

The thing that every coach has neglected up to now is introducing a balanced program. Trusova might not be able to compete internationally for a while, so ease off the quad gas to try improve longevity, and work on the things that really need work.

That seems like a misleading statement when all indicators has been that it was Trusova pushing to focus on quads and the triple axel.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada

TAT already comment:

Good for her. She can have by far more supportive atmosphere there and can sit out her puberty and return to competition stronger and with a brighter outlook.

kolyadafan2002

Fan of Kolyada
Final Flight
That seems like a misleading statement when all indicators has been that it was Trusova pushing to focus on quads and the triple axel.
Yet at some point you have to put your foot down and say something as a coach. The fact that she's apparently leaving due to the jumping intensity shows a lot.

I didnt say that trusova wasnt the one wanting to quad, but rather that they had plenty of opportunity to work the skating skills alongside. It's not unreasonable to do 30minutes of skating skills per day (many places do 1hour), and in fact they might improve the jumps. Its up to the academies (Plushenko, Tutberidze, etc) to set a training regime, and I just don't feel it was made to be balanced.

Azikin

Medalist
Good for her. She can have by far more supportive atmosphere there and can sit out her puberty and return to competition stronger and with a brighter outlook.
You really believe that? We will see...

Warwick360

Medalist
Thought she would leave right after Olympics. Although, a bit surprised with the timing of doing so when there's no international events going on.

Regardless, I hope she doesn't need to do a U turn like she had with Plushenko. Hope she finds success with the move.

Fried

Final Flight
Regardless, I hope she doesn't need to do a U turn like she had with Plushenko. Hope she finds success with the move.
Why should she do a U-turn?
The OG are over. Sasha busted her ass and delivered, it was no use.
Why should she throw herself into the Tutberidze meat grinder now, especially since she's injured, where you're just one of many rowers in a galley.
"You have back pain? Then go home!" or "Who don't feels pain, raises his hand!"
And all this for non-title national competitions? Indefinitely? You can have this kind of internal competition in training as well. No. Sasha is now supposed to take care of her health and ride for herself and the fans (who love her even without quads, by the way), in a HQ where she's not just material, but is valued for the outstanding athlete personality that she undoubtedly is .

fabienne1996

Medalist
Country
Germany

TAT already comment:

if that was the case she would have switched in the off season. so no thats not the main reason. probably a reason why she chose that coach but not ehy she is changing

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker

I didn't phrase my post quite the way I meant to. I wasn't implying that Trusova needs to be taught quads, but that Sokolovskaia is competent enough to train her as -and if- she gets them back after her injury. Someone suggested earlier that she's not, and that's what I was contesting.

Out of curosity, does anyone know who Sokolovskaia's most prominent students are, other than Mark? I have a hard time remembering the affiliations of Russian skaters. I wonder if Skolovskaia has more males than females, and if Trusova won't feel more at ease training with boys than among the many girls in Eteri's club.

Warwick360

Medalist
Why should she do a U-turn?
The OG are over. Sasha busted her ass and delivered, it was no use.
Why should she throw herself into the Tutberidze meat grinder now, especially since she's injured, where you're just one of many rowers in a galley.
"You have back pain? Then go home!" or "Who don't feels pain, raises his hand!"
And all this for non-title national competitions? Indefinitely? You can have this kind of internal competition in training as well. No. Sasha is now supposed to take care of her health and ride for herself and the fans (who love her even without quads, by the way), in a HQ where she's not just material, but is valued for the outstanding athlete personality that she undoubtedly is .
'Why should she do a U-turn'...I think that is what most of us thought when she left Tutberidzi the first time. The unfortunate thing is that for the longest time ISU has been rewarding the programme construction that Eteri's camp provides.- lots of quick transitions, with maximum consistency. Lots of other camps have not been able to replicate that. If ISU decides to change the way the scores are rewarded, I can see other camps capitalising more. But until then, I wouldn't draw anything off the table.

Again, having said all the above, I do hope Sasha succeeds.

Status
Not open for further replies.