Alexandra Trusova leaves Eteri Tutberidze | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Alexandra Trusova leaves Eteri Tutberidze

Status
Not open for further replies.

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
I think it doesn't really matter where she is this year as the only goal is to perform clean, without much risk, and finally present the programs, which can be the main issue with a new camp

fabienne1996

Medalist
Country
Germany
'Why should she do a U-turn'...I think that is what most of us thought when she left Tutberidzi the first time. The unfortunate thing is that for the longest time ISU has been rewarding the programme construction that Eteri's camp provides.- lots of quick transitions, with maximum consistency. Lots of other camps have not been able to replicate that. If ISU decides to change the way the scores are rewarded, I can see other camps capitalising more. But until then, I wouldn't draw anything off the table.

Again, having said all the above, I do hope Sasha succeeds.
But here the circumstances have changed. we all knew sasha came back because of the olympics. because if you were not an eteri skater and not liza you would not be considered for the olympics. but the olympics are over. russian skaters are banned for god knows how long , if they will be abe to participate in the next olympics isnt known. the russian skaters have only national competitions so sasha would at this point not have a reason to return

Warwick360

Medalist
The return from Plushenko to Tutberidze did not raise any questions. It was the condition for the trip to Beijing that she would have been denied with Plushenko.
I did not imply there was questions raised when she was in the process of moving back to Eteri's camp. Not sure why I would even allude to that.

What I am saying is that not many, including myself, would have imagined both Kostornaia AND Trusova would ever go back, when they first left Tutberidze, let alone be accepted back.

Fried

Final Flight
I did not imply there was questions raised when she was in the process of moving back to Eteri's camp. Not sure why I would even allude to that.

What I am saying is that not many, including myself, would have imagined both Kostornaia AND Trusova would ever go back, when they first left Tutberidze, let alone be accepted back.
Laishev never got tired of telling about all the children who constantly ask him about Sasha. He repeatedly emphasized that he was sure that Sasha would return home to the family. I mocked him then too, but Tutberidze's arm is long, as we know. Longer than you can imagine. But as I said. It was the pre-Olympic season. This is over. Now Sasha doesn't care. It also remains to be seen what will become of the doping case.

katymay

Medalist
Sasha is great and on another day she gets the Olympic gold but unfortunately for her the scores didn’t go her way.

I think Sasha is semi retired now. She might not realise it of course. She has no quads I think she pulled out of test skates because she doesn’t have a free skate put together (plus wouldn’t have been able to jump any quads).

We’ll have to hear now how Eteri has supposedly destroyed another career but I don’t think these things are so simple in Russia with Eteri caught in the middle as much as anyone. I think we’ll see a big shake up in the next month or 6 months depending how it plays out. Eteri I believe as a woman with daughter is not malicious or abusive. It runs a lot deeper and maybe why Sasha has left.
There is a season, time and finite number of years that any female figure skater can train with Russian intensity, repping jumps over and over. Sasha made the Olympic team after years of intense training, skating through injuries, stress on another level, ups and downs, etc. This is alot for any teenager, and I think she was done after the Olympics-just as Aliona was done right before. I think Anna, Darya are also done. Almost all female figure skaters with high tech content burn out, or their bodies betray them. (Rika, Bradie, Wakaba, Kaori, etc). It just isn't possible to keep up that training intensity indefinitely.

icybear

Medalist
After her olympic tantrum, it looked for sure she would leave Eteri. She was quite pissed at Sergei and Eteri. So why now when they've made her new programs. Maybe she is going there for the boyfriend. They certainly been making a big deal about how loved up they are. If she was going there for her career wouldnt it make more sense to go back to Plushenko.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
You really believe that? We will see...
It only depends on her. I only followed FS for 4 years, but I already saw a few skaters to sit out a bad year or two and come back doing just fine. Kurakova and Bell come to mind. Men do it all the time due to growth. And, like, with Russia’s FS being where it is now, she has more bretahing room than ever—if she wants to.

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
Out of curosity, does anyone know who Sokolovskaia's most prominent students are, other than Mark? I have a hard time remembering the affiliations of Russian skaters. I wonder if Skolovskaia has more males than females, and if Trusova won't feel more at ease training with boys than among the many girls in Eteri's club.
Her most prominent student is probably Alexander Samarin (who actually has pretty good quad technique but is not an expressive or artistic skater at all). She also coaches Grigory Federov, who is on the novice national team.

She does have some experience with girls, a few of her female skaters have won medals at the Russian (Junior) Championships, but it's been a pretty long time since then (Lilia Biktagirova - 3rd in Seniors in 2004-05 and 2005-06, 2nd in Juniors in 2004-05; Arina Martynova - 1st in Juniors in 2005-06 and 2006-07; Anna Ovcharova - 2nd in Juniors in 2009-10). She's also Alina Urushadze coach and coached Maria Sotskova and Polina Shelepen at the end of their careers and Elizabet Tursynbaeva for a season.

Apart from Sasha, she gained a number of new skaters this season, two from Tutberidze (Nikolai Kolesnikov (4th at Jr Nationals) and Eduard Karatynyan) and two from Davydov (Elizaveta Kulikova and Sofia Samodelkina).

fabienne1996

Medalist
Country
Germany
After her olympic tantrum, it looked for sure she would leave Eteri. She was quite pissed at Sergei and Eteri. So why now when they've made her new programs. Maybe she is going there for the boyfriend. They certainly been making a big deal about how loved up they are. If she was going there for her career wouldnt it make more sense to go back to Plushenko.
once again if it was because of mark than she woud have changd coaches in the spring or summer and not now.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
many... it is perhaps less common in the recent years for Russian women because the depth they have but it happens everywhere else and often
Right now it’s perfectly viable in Russia. No matter how Tutberidze was trying to talk up post 3A skaters, there is no clear succession as younger skaters are all plagued by the same issues as Trusova and don’t have name recognition and experience of international competitions. She can do it. Or she can attend to her personal life. At any rate, if she is eyeing coaching career, Sokolovskaya seems like a better boss anyway, as her work with skaters produce by far more psychologically stable athletes, not broken boys.

FaustinaF

Rinkside
Hi everyone!
I'm really worried about Sasha's health, she's a beautiful girl and talented skater and it would be terrible if her career ended at her age. She deserves more health attentions like any other Eteri's girl, I think they are really too much expoited at Sambo-70 and they lose their health quickly. Look at Evgenia Medvedeva, who had back injury, or recently Anya! I hope that Anya would have a good recover but not force her health. I really hope this would not be Sasha's career end, I wish her all the best with her new coaches, she need like the other girls more "human" treatment. Eteri's girls should never be "artistic materials" built just to take home some medal. They have to really enjoy this sport, having more bearable trainings!! I'm really sad when I think about Sasha's statement at the Olympics regarding hating figure skating... I think that there's a soviet system in Russia.. I love Sasha's skating, Anna's skating, and they need to be respected beeing persons, not use-and-then-throw-away "materials". Good luck Sasha!!

ElSoteroLoco

On the Ice
Maybe she's going because after spending time with Mark and seeing how Sokolovskaia coaches she liked her style. In my personal observation of how she is, she seems like a very caring and dedicated coach. She is my favorite of all the Russian coaches. She just comes across as a lovely woman. I would want to train with her!!

Weathergal

Medalist
Maybe she's going because after spending time with Mark and seeing how Sokolovskaia coaches she liked her style. In my personal observation of how she is, she seems like a very caring and dedicated coach. She is my favorite of all the Russian coaches. She just comes across as a lovely woman. I would want to train with her!!
I read an interview somewhere -- I wish I could remember where -- in which Kondratiuk and Sokolovskaya were discussing that Mark worked through injuries for I believe several years before his breakthrough season. The gist was that she was encouraging without pressuring him to come back too soon to more intensive practices, etc. So I could see that as being attractive to Trusova as she's dealing with a back injury.

I expected her to leave Tutberidze after everything that happened during the Olympics so not too surprising she did so. I hope it is a good move for her.

Amei

Record Breaker
I didn't phrase my post quite the way I meant to. I wasn't implying that Trusova needs to be taught quads, but that Sokolovskaia is competent enough to train her as -and if- she gets them back after her injury. Someone suggested earlier that she's not, and that's what I was contesting.

Out of curosity, does anyone know who Sokolovskaia's most prominent students are, other than Mark? I have a hard time remembering the affiliations of Russian skaters. I wonder if Skolovskaia has more males than females, and if Trusova won't feel more at ease training with boys than among the many girls in Eteri's club.

The only other prominent female that I can think of trained by Sokolovskaya is Samodelkina but she just transferred there this offseason.

Status
Not open for further replies.