Alexandra Trusova leaves Eteri Tutberidze | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Alexandra Trusova leaves Eteri Tutberidze

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexocfp

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Apart from the fact that in an ideal world, in which the sporting component in sports is higher than the pseudo-artificial, Sasha Anna would be miles superior, I would like to ask you to stay on topic here and not to pull my posts into a non-existent context. My reference to the parallel reality was related to your claim that TT just cares too much about their students.

What's that supposed to mean?

Didn't you explain above that public insults aren't even a millionth of a percent relevant to the On-Ice product? And it's not even about hateful slanders out of offended vanity, as is usual with Eteri, but about reporting on a proven fact. I quote verbatim from the "Kamila Valieva Doping Investigation: Updates only" thread: "a positive drug test within the Russian team conducted on December 25, 2021 - The drug in question is trimetazidine - a substance banned by WADA from listing ". In this respect, the huge asterisk is in a completely different place. Namely above the title of the Russian champion 2022.

Like I said, just stay on topic. And what does it mean that Sasha lost to Liza? This says nothing about the capabilities. Sasha allowed herself a stupid and hitherto unique mistake. She didn't switch mental from 4 to 3 and messed up a cascade she otherwise jumps in her sleep. Afterwards, her ability to (not even well-running) freeskate handed her enough to climb from 12th to the podium. On therefore everything is fine.

Yes, and the earth is flat.

What do I expect from a TT fan who condones insults and humiliation of students in public for having nothing to do with the "on ice product". My goodness, you really fit this coaching staff perfectly.

Sasha produced for herself.

And here you are again spreading falsehoods, accusing Sasha (and probably others too) of wanting to be told how awesome they are all the time.

And the next deliberate false assumption. Who complained? No one. Sascha soberly gave reasons for the transition. That's it.

All in all, thanks for the last post, as the camouflage cloak has fallen and I know who I'm dealing with. This saves me from wasting more time on new replies.
Good evening.
Good evening.

Just two corrections:
1) I could never be a coach in this sport. I’m a fan and that’s all I want to be. But your strategy is sound. If you don’t like TT you want me as a coach there because I will wipe out all their progress in about 30 seconds. Probably press a wrong button and flood the rink, then press another button and electrocute everyone in the water puddles I caused.

Also a smart recommendation for me to coach them, someone with negative athletic ability like me will sure do wonders for them. And I have less than that in creative talent so I’ll be even more useless as a choreographer. About the only thing I qualify to do at TT is clean the toilets.

and

2) there is no cloak, I don’t hide the fact that I love the TT produced product and the bulldogs they recruit to execute their plan and leave their competitors on the ice in tatters.

And leave the fans in ruins too. The TT haters bring me joy, and they won’t have this place to themselves as long as I’m allowed to be here.

Last edited:

alexocfp

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Sasha and Anna are basically retired in my eyes. They are just dragging the final farewell out now. Anna's knee surgery would have been done in April or May not August if she was serious about skating. Instead she chose to do ice shows all summer with a pre-existing injury. Sasha has not really trained much all summer, she has lost all conditioning.

I don't see how Eteri is responsible for shortening their careers. It seems both Sasha and Anna have chosen to do other things in life now.

Eteri didn't want Sasha doing 5 quads that was Sasha's insistence and as Eteri says you don't argue with Sasha. Anna chose ice shows over competing. Even long before the knee surgery (which was minor), Anna had gained enough weight that it would be almost impossible to do ultra-si. The little I saw of her in those ice shows she didn't resemble anything like the skater from a few months earlier.

The reason Eteri doesn't have older skaters (apart from Moris he's 27 which kind of kills the argument she can't work with men or older skaters) is because there's no room left for them when there's several 14, 15, 16 year old at the rink already better.
I posted in Anna’s thread that I’m getting the same feelings. She accomplished everything you can accomplish. If this is it, she went out on top.

If anyone earned the right to do what she wants with her life, it’s her. Will we miss her competing? Absolutely. But selfishly, I don’t want her back not at 100% and losing to opponents who previously couldn’t lace her skates. I don’t want that kind of farewell tour, personally. Others may disagree and want a swan song, even if she isn’t at the top of her game.

I’ll stop before I turn this into one of my patented “praise Anna“ posts (and writing these types of posts brings a huge smile to my face, no doubt), and say that with Sasha leaving and let’s say maybe Anna, there is an opportunity for someone new to step up and take those coveted top spots.

I won’t hide the fact that I’m rooting for Maiia, who I feel hasn’t yet peaked. I certainly have not given up on her.

Last edited:

Amei

Record Breaker
Sasha and Anna are basically retired in my eyes. They are just dragging the final farewell out now. Anna's knee surgery would have been done in April or May not August if she was serious about skating. Instead she chose to do ice shows all summer with a pre-existing injury. Sasha has not really trained much all summer, she has lost all conditioning.

I don't see how Eteri is responsible for shortening their careers. It seems both Sasha and Anna have chosen to do other things in life now.

Eteri didn't want Sasha doing 5 quads that was Sasha's insistence and as Eteri says you don't argue with Sasha. Anna chose ice shows over competing. Even long before the knee surgery (which was minor), Anna had gained enough weight that it would be almost impossible to do ultra-si. The little I saw of her in those ice shows she didn't resemble anything like the skater from a few months earlier.

The reason Eteri doesn't have older skaters (apart from Moris he's 27 which kind of kills the argument she can't work with men or older skaters) is because there's no room left for them when there's several 14, 15, 16 year old at the rink already better.

1. The weight comments are disgusting, especially when eating disorders are fairly common in figure skating. Valieva has grown this offseason and she whipped out quads in the last couple days, Trusova has done them intermittently in shows during the offseason, Shcherbakova has not but that is quite the norm for her and we don't know the status of the knee injury.
2. Its important to note that Shcherbakova has never indicated when the old knee injury got to the point she wasn't able to fully train so it could been after she signed her contract with Averbukh for shows. And Shcherbakova might have planned her surgery differently if there was the draw of international tournaments, as it stood this off-season it did not look like (& its been an accurate prediction to this point) that international tournaments would be in the cards for the Russians, so maybe she prioritized doing shows and making money this offseason. She commented earlier this week that things are progressing with training, but they aren't rushing things so "treatment isn't in vain". And the Russian Fed are probably invested in making sure that Shcherbakova, Trusova and Tuktamysheva are able to be somewhat competitive internationally because whenever the ban is rescinded they should be able to use the Champion's comeback rule to get 2 GP assignments that season. Shcherbakova mentioned in her post about the surgery that the Fed helped arrange her surgery in Germany, whereas they didn't assist in getting Kostornaia to Germany, she had to wait till the supplies got to Russia < while I think the fact that Shcherbakova is on the main national team and just won the Olympics while Kostornaia is only on the reserve team and hasn't won anything major in over 2 years, but I think part of it could be that 'comeback' rule, Shcherbakova is eligible for it while Kostornaia is not.

Fried

Final Flight
What surprises me in this context is the fact that a simple meniscus operation is not performed in Moscow. I had my surgery last spring. These are routine surgeries that run through every hour. Anyway. All this has little to do with Trusova's team change.

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ok the topic of "Trusova leaving Tutberidze" has run it's course and is now being closed.

A note on "body-shaming." Please refer to the Forum Guidelines:

Body-shaming and discussing of skaters' physical health/body image While it is reasonable to discuss whether a skater is in optimal physical condition to compete, perform certain elements, etc., we ask that you please refrain from using terms like "fat," "heavy," "chubby," "too skinny," and other terms and phrases that are used to shame or mock the skater.

Discussion about body image or mental and physical health and its role in figure skating is fine, but only in terms of generalities. Furthermore, don't speculate that a skater has an “eating disorder” or other health or mental disorder unless this has been stated officially and/or publicly by the respective skater.

Status
Not open for further replies.