Amazing Skaters Who Never Won An Individual World Or Olympic Medal | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Amazing Skaters Who Never Won An Individual World Or Olympic Medal

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Has Emanuel Sandhu been mentioned?
I am not sure but yes, he should be on the list - when on he was stylish, artistic and amazing tech. Skaters like Rohene, Balde, even Gary Beacom were interesting skaters but not enough tech really toe be a world or Olympic medallist evenon their good day. I am leaving Gracie and Jason off the list because they still could win a medal. :)

Yebin Mok was a marvelous skater at the junior level in the 1990s. Various difficulties curtailed her senior career. She had a wonderful "ballet on ice" style. If you do a Google image search you can see her doing a split jump -- with pointed toes! (For some reason i wasn't about to link it directly here.)

Now 40, she moved to the UK and started a "Master's Class" studio where she gives classes in off-ice training, core strengthenig and that sort of thing for adults.

Last edited:

Diana Delafield

Frequent flyer
Medalist
Country
Canada
Yebin Mok was a marvelous skater at the junior level in the 1990s. Various difficulties curtailed her senior career. She had a wonderful "ballet on ice" style. If you do a Google image search you can see her doing a split jump -- with pointed toes! (For some reason i wasn't about to link it directly here.)

Now 40, she moved to the UK and started a "Master's Class" studio where she gives classes in off-ice training, core strengthenig and that sort of thing for adults.

And travels to other parts of the world to teach. She was in Canada, in the Vancouver area last month, giving a master class at the Connaught club along with Gracie Gold.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Keegan Messing, Elladj Balde, Shawn Sawyer, Jeremy Ten.
I would agree with Keegan but Balde, Sawyer and Ten and we should probably add Nguyen - the Maple Leaf bos didn't have enough content to really medal on their best day - maybe Nguyen since he did place as high as fifth and was world junior champ. I guess it depends on your definition but I wish Keegan would have won a world medal at least. His skating style was very delightful and on a certain day he could have done it. I kind of think of lucky two time oly bronze medallist candelero - these skaters have a reckless abandon but it just never favoured Keeg. The other skaters Balde, Sawyer like Ward very interesting but if they did everything cleanly that they could they would not have enoug skating power to win a world medal. I still think Roman might get an olympic medal and Keegan will have nothing.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
I would agree with Keegan but Balde, Sawyer and Ten and we should probably add Nguyen - the Maple Leaf bos didn't have enough content to really medal on their best day - maybe Nguyen since he did place as high as fifth and was world junior champ. I guess it depends on your definition but I wish Keegan would have won a world medal at least. His skating style was very delightful and on a certain day he could have done it. I kind of think of lucky two time oly bronze medallist candelero - these skaters have a reckless abandon but it just never favoured Keeg. The other skaters Balde, Sawyer like Ward very interesting but if they did everything cleanly that they could they would not have enoug skating power to win a world medal. I still think Roman might get an olympic medal and Keegan will have nothing.
I disagree. Keegan had many chances and came very close to standing on the World Podium, and of course he won't have a chance b/c he retired a few seasons ago. Balde and Sawyer more than had the talent and skating skills to be on the podium, but sadly skated at a time that the field was too stacked.

These are my choices in this thread. If you disagree, feel free to do a separate post with your own choices, but these were some of mine and I stick by my choices.

Last edited: