Elena Ilinykh & Nikita Katsalapov Split | Page 33 | Golden Skate

Elena Ilinykh & Nikita Katsalapov Split

Status
Not open for further replies.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
I know, but if I were Y&M, I would seize the moment and work my butt off for the senior GP.This is the best chance they will get.

hey have the adantange too, S/B dont have high enough SB to get 2 assignments
they being a Junior World medalist can almost guarantee 2 spots, why wait to be aging out to go to seniors

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
Yanovskaya/Mozgov have already said they plan to stay junior and go for the World Junior title.

I hope they will re-think their decision in the light of new circumstances. That's probably the best chance for them to be #2 russian pair (probably).

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Last quad the North American teams played musical chairs. I guess this quad it's the Russian ice dancers. Which is good news for the North Americans I suppose. But it is still going to take 2-3 years for the newly formed Russian teams to really gel, as history has shown before.

As The Skating Lesson said, it wouldn't be ice dancing if it didn't break your heart...

fleeting

Queen Anissina
Medalist
All I can say is Russian Nationals next season is going to be extremely dramatic, even more so than usual.
I'm very disappointed and upset in I/K splitting up, but now C/B, W/P, and the Shibs might stand a fighting chance in an even easier field than we all expected.

tulosai

Record Breaker
Bobrova & Soloviev have a shot at World gold, if someone will only give them some decent choreo.

Heck, depending on how the teams gel and whether she can fix her posture, as well as the progress of the NA teams or lack thereof they may even have a shot for OLY gold in 4 years if they can consistently get decent choreo. I predict the Russian federation is going to throw their support their way starting now, and while 4 years in advance is quite obviously too far to predict with accuracy, B/S's chances of winning anything and/or everything just increased thousandfold.

gmyers

Record Breaker
From 2010 to 2014 the team of I/k in seniors was mostly a huge wreck with some highlights. This was obvious and actually recommendable from when they didn't even medal at their first gp event last season. So I am very happy that both I and k will be apart because flat out being Honest they just didn't really come together as a team 90% of the time.

Alba

Record Breaker
Wow this came out of left field. I thought Victoria said a split wasn't true... poor thing :no: She gets dumped and now has Morozov as her coach....

I don't see Russia winning a world championship in this quadrennial. So it's Canada and Italy who'll dominate this quad? The US and Russia might go back and forth with the bronze medals.

Italy got "lucky" this time. I don't see them winning gold medals again. Canadians can dominate though.

Alba

Record Breaker
From 2010 to 2014 the team of I/k in seniors was mostly a huge wreck with some highlights. This was obvious and actually recommendable from when they didn't even medal at their first gp event last season. So I am very happy that both I and k will be apart because flat out being Honest they just didn't really come together as a team 90% of the time.

That's true, but I thought they've learned their lesson and left the stupidity behind after Sochi. They're born to dance with each other, it's so obvious.
Anyway, I guess it's better a quick "death" rather than a long term agony. Hope they both do well with their new partners.
:cry:

bramweld

Record Breaker
I am happy for Lena. Despite how it might look on paper, I think she and Ruslan will make a great couple as will s/k. But I am so happy that she is away from Morozov, she gets to stay with her family and she will be in an interesting group. New beginnings :yay:

cebi26

On the Ice
I'm sure this was all Morozov's idea, who either was dumped by Elena or simply got tired of her and had no problem casting her out of the team. :bang:

fleeting

Queen Anissina
Medalist
Even though this was likely a long time coming, I'm disappointed. I thought I/K were finally coming into their own.
But Elena and Ruslan will make a stellar pair, and I can't wait to see what they come up with!

gmyers

Record Breaker
That's true, but I thought they've learned their lesson and left the stupidity behind after Sochi. They're born to dance with each other, it's so obvious.
Anyway, I guess it's better a quick "death" rather than a long term agony. Hope they both do well with their new partners.
:cry:

I just think they made it their mission to get through the season and even though they were at their peak Performance they totally botched the sd and were just never going to really come together to be the best. It's great they realized that and decided to split.

pamela

Rinkside
i was in the "no news is good news" dream and hoping for zueva to pull through, but NO.
whos going to be more successful tho? im thinking on i/z because ruslan doesnt screw up his twizzles as nikita, but he needs more upper strength for the lifts, and i really like his personality on ice... i dont know really... im scared for viktoria tho, shes pretty and young, meaning morozombie's type of girl T_T
i just hope for the 2 new couples a successful career

Alba

Record Breaker
I don't know about Ruslan tbh. The first time I saw him and Victoria was this year and I have to say she looked better than him...

Alba

Record Breaker
Can someone tell me about Elena's new coach? I have no idea how she is and if she can make this couple work.

uhh

Medalist
I just think they made it their mission to get through the season and even though they were at their peak Performance they totally botched the sd and were just never going to really come together to be the best. It's great they realized that and decided to split.

It doesn't sound like they decided together. I first heard a rumour of Nikita & Viktoria trying out back in January but I thought it was ridiculous & ignored it, and since then Elena has been talking about plans for shows after worlds, making a new exhibition, how they both wanted to bring back 2 gold medals from the Olympics in 2018. And then when the report in ITAR-TASS appeared Elena was talking to some girls on I/K's vk fan page and when they asked her about it she said "I have no idea about this, Nikita and Morozov have said nothing, how could anyone expect me to skate this week if it is true." Sounds like it was all fixed up behind her back.

I don't really see either partnership working - Elena will overshadow Ruslan on the ice personality-wise, and Nikita already struggled lifting Elena and he's had back problems as long as they've been senior, Viktoria is bigger and taller so I can't see that getting better. Plus she'll probably have Morozov creeping all over her.

bramweld

Record Breaker
Nah, Ruslan is a great partner in the making. I think Lena got a good deal. Also if they get to work with either Averbuch and or Zhulin this will be a great plus for them. Really hoping that things work well for them :) S/K will have better matching lines as they're both tall and thin, they'll look hopefully like a better version of B/S. I/Z are both short and compact so they will also fit nicely. I am certain that every effort will be made to create two great teams. We are talking about Russia are we not?

My prayers are with Victoria, I wouldn't want my daughter to be anywhere near Morozov, even more distressing, isolated in the USA?

Alba

Record Breaker
It doesn't sound like they decided together. I first heard a rumour of Nikita & Viktoria trying out back in January .

The same rumor that Eurosport Ita journalist heard back in feb.

since then Elena has been talking about plans for shows after worlds, making a new exhibition, how they both wanted to bring back 2 gold medals from the Olympics in 2018. And then when the report in ITAR-TASS appeared Elena was talking to some girls on I/K's vk fan page and when they asked her about it she said "I have no idea about this, Nikita and Morozov have said nothing, how could anyone expect me to skate this week if it is true." Sounds like it was all fixed up behind her back.

Me too thinks she didn't know.

Plus she'll probably have Morozov creeping all over her

If the Russian Fed will finance S&K it means that the problem was not Morozov and Elena but Nikita and Elena.
Whatever problem Morozov and Elena may have had, she and Nikita could've easily changed the coach not split.
I also do think that the Russian Fed are not so stupid to finance yet another couple who's going to be coached by someone who's known to sleep with almost all his students (I'm afraid Victoria is going to be his next girlfriend :slink:), and who is the reason for the break up of one of the most talented couple in the last 20 years. You are suppose to cut the ties with him not sending another promising ice dance teams to him.
I hope they don't think Morozov is a genius either, so I'm starting to belive that Morozov was not the main problem in this big mess.

gmyers

Record Breaker
It doesn't sound like they decided together. I first heard a rumour of Nikita & Viktoria trying out back in January but I thought it was ridiculous & ignored it, and since then Elena has been talking about plans for shows after worlds, making a new exhibition, how they both wanted to bring back 2 gold medals from the Olympics in 2018. And then when the report in ITAR-TASS appeared Elena was talking to some girls on I/K's vk fan page and when they asked her about it she said "I have no idea about this, Nikita and Morozov have said nothing, how could anyone expect me to skate this week if it is true." Sounds like it was all fixed up behind her back.

I don't really see either partnership working - Elena will overshadow Ruslan on the ice personality-wise, and Nikita already struggled lifting Elena and he's had back problems as long as they've been senior, Viktoria is bigger and taller so I can't see that getting better. Plus she'll probably have Morozov creeping all over her.

Even if the two new partnerships fail I/K was mostly a failure. Based on all previous Reports Elena stopped acting up and being impossible before the Olympics. They themselves joked about it! But it seems he had had totally had it! If Elena was thinking she could just be impossible all the time and everyone Would just deal she was wrong. And I/k results did not support her acting a pasha.

Status
Not open for further replies.