Elena Ilinykh & Nikita Katsalapov Split | Page 44 | Golden Skate

Elena Ilinykh & Nikita Katsalapov Split

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
But no need to lie now after Elena said yesterday that Nikita announced her about the split and after S/Z coaches said that Vika took her stuff and told she wanted to skate with Nikita.

Technically he didn't lie. He just said that nothing was official... 'someone said something', 'several articles' etc. There was no official announcements to the Federation. Anyway, deadline is the end of May.

Alba

Record Breaker
He probably knows more details today than he knew yesterday. Something's definitely going on..:think:

I agree.

Marissa Castelli and Simon Shnapir come to mind. They had a brief split in 2012 and aren't the best on a world stage by a far margin, but they are the best American pairs team right now, so that counts for something. Of course, their temporary split wasn't on this level of nutcase drama, though - they just said they argued too much but managed to piece it back together, even if they aren't the best of friends and don't get along very often, and neither of them had any new partners linked to them when they split.

They actually managed to get a gold medal right after their split - at the 2012 Ice Challenge.

They might still skate with each other and be the best USA pairs, but I still have the feeling that they hate each other.
This is at least my impression when I see them skate. Very athletic but no connection with each other, at all. Especially during the worlds was so obvious.

I agree with tulosai. I&K can still make, absolutely, but they have to be sincere and 100% committed. It will be difficult though if Nikita does change his mind because he was somehow "threatened" by the Fed.

uhh

Medalist
But no need to lie now after Elena said yesterday that Nikita announced her about the split and after S/Z coaches said that Vika took her stuff and told she wanted to skate with Nikita.

Or if things are going on behind the scenes and it looks like they might not split after all, maybe he sees this as damage control/saving face - deny that it was ever really on the cards, because there is every danger that the international rep of a couple that everyone thinks may be on the verge of splitting at all times will suffer.

Alba

Record Breaker
Or if things are going on behind the scenes and it looks like they might not split after all, maybe he sees this as damage control/saving face - deny that it was ever really on the cards, because there is every danger that the international rep of a couple that everyone thinks may be on the verge of splitting at all times will suffer.

That's what I think too. He will be happy enought to play the stupid if this is the case, and I think that's ok.

ElenaNikitaFan

Rinkside

Too Late for damage Control. He should have talked to them before Elena and the coaches announce split.

bramweld

Record Breaker
Or is it that whomever leaked the information to the press around worlds took the sails out of Nikita's plans. Look if you have had tryouts and told your partner that you no longer wish to skate with her, act on these convictions. Either quickly fill out the requisite paper work or change your position. His lack of action can be interpreted as cowardice, arrogance or gross disrespect to his sport. One could understand if he has a beef against Lena, but he is now directly affecting the plans of an entire school not to mention Ruslan. Control rentals are in 5 months and he is holding up progress for his own selfish needs. It is no relevance that the deadline for transfer is May 31st. Victoria should be very careful because this is an indication of who this man is. If I were Lena I would whisper a prayer, go ahead and dump him and start afresh. No medal is worth this sort of behaviour from Katsalapov.

Alba

Record Breaker
Or is it that whomever leaked the information to the press around worlds took the sails out of Nikita's plans. Look if you have had tryouts and told your partner that you no longer wish to skate with her, act on these convictions. Either quickly fill out the requisite paper work or change your position. His lack of action can be interpreted as cowardice, arrogance or gross disrespect to his sport. One could understand if he has a beef against Lena, but he is now directly affecting the plans of an entire school not to mention Ruslan. Control rentals are in 5 months and he is holding up progress for his own selfish needs. It is no relevance that the deadline for transfer is May 31st.

We don't know what exactly happened here, but all this sounds like someone (?) who adviced Nikita on this "masterpla" has made a huge step back. Maybe leaving Nikita out there alone facing the music, and he just doen't know what to do now, or is waiting for further advice on how to act. Who knows?

If I were Lena I would whisper a prayer, go ahead and dump him and start afresh. No medal is worth this sort of behaviour from Katsalapov

But I totally agree with this.

ElenaNikitaFan

Rinkside
Can someone please translate the answer from here? http://www.wer-art.com/conf/
Google translate:
Maria
04/08/2014 21:55:44
"Arthur M., I would like to share with you the experiences and know your position.
Yesterday saw Lena Il'inykh in the lobby. Her face is not. I am so depressed it did not see any COG-da.
I myself have to do with figure skating, earlier trained on one rink with the guys from the group Kustarova, I am familiar with the tensions between the partners and so on. But I just do not understand: if you became an Olympic champion in the team, the bronze medalist in the individual event, if you are a silver medalist in the World and Europe ... Nikita why all this? This deep-on. Why inflict such pain Lena that she did something wrong with him? Just do not understand.

Hi, Mary! Thank you very much for your message. Do not know what you saw Elena lobby, but it does not matter.
I think that blame should not Nikita. As far as I know, the main conflict occurred between the skater and coach because the army called "hazing".

bramweld

Record Breaker
Google translate:
Maria
"Arthur M., I would like to share with you the experiences and know your position.
Yesterday saw Lena Il'inykh in the lobby. Her face is not. I am so depressed it did not see any COG-da.
I myself have to do with figure skating, earlier trained on one rink with the guys from the group Kustarova, I am familiar with the tensions between the partners and so on. But I just do not understand: if you became an Olympic champion in the team, the bronze medalist in the individual event, if you are a silver medalist in the World and Europe ... Nikita why all this? This deep-on. Why inflict such pain Lena that she did something wrong with him? Just do not understand.

Hi, Mary! Thank you very much for your message. Do not know what you saw Elena lobby, but it does not matter.
I think that blame should not Nikita. As far as I know, the main conflict occurred between the skater and coach because the army called "hazing".

So Nikita just complies with Morozov to what end? To punish Lena for rejecting him? Has he no moral compass of his own? Has he become Morozov's patsy? To what end, you tell me you cannot think for yourself? Or what does Morozov have over YOUR own head to cause you to act in this way? Morozov should be fired and banned from ever working within the Russian Federation!! As TAT said absolute idiocy! It makes me believe Lena dumped him for reasons he would rather not get out. He is afraid of her so now he needs to destroy her career. Again watch out Victoria, these are dangerous men!!

ElenaNikitaFan

Rinkside
So Nikita just complies with Morozov to what end? To punish Lena for rejecting him? Has he no moral compass of his own? Has he become Morozov's patsy? To what end, you tell me you cannot think for yourself? Or what does Morozov have over YOUR own head to cause you to act in this way? Morozov should be fired and banned from ever working within the Russian Federation!! As TAT said absolute idiocy! It makes me believe Lena dumped him for reasons he would rather not get out. He is afraid of her so now he needs to destroy her career. Again watch out Victoria, these are dangerous men!!

What? Please explain, I don't understand anything.

Snow63

Record Breaker
Google translate:
Maria

He basically said that there's no conflict between Nikita and Elena. The main conflict is between Lena and Morozov. The cause of the conflict is their former 'informal' relationships.
He's also not sure that Nikita and Elena can stay together, since the bond between Nikita and Morozov is still strong.

Something like that..

uhh

Medalist
Maybe it was strong, but I would be very surprised if it's still great after Morozov denied all knowlege of any of this. It only someone could just get Nikita away from him and show him there are lots of other, better coaching options out there!

ElenaNikitaFan

Rinkside
He basically said that there's no conflict between Nikita and Elena. The main conflict is between Lena and Morozov. The cause of the conflict is their former 'informal' relationships.
He's also not sure that Nikita and Elena can stay together, since the bond between Nikita and Morozov is still strong.

Something like that..

Thank you! Strange that Nikita has a stronger bond to Morozov and not to Elena. :rolleye:

Snow63

Record Breaker
Maybe it was strong, but I would be very surprised if it's still great after Morozov denied all knowlege of any of this. It only someone could just get Nikita away from him and show him there are lots of other, better coaching options out there!

This. Now it's his turn, let's see what he'll do.

bramweld

Record Breaker
This. Now it's his turn, let's see what he'll do.

Morozov is the one who took advantage of a barely of age teenager and then left you out to dry, telling the world that you are the sole person behind this mess. Staying with him now would be lunacy....

bartlebooth

Record Breaker
Is Morozov a hypnotist? IMHO all skaters that consider being coached by him should learn Defence Against the Dark Arts beforehand.

BlackPack

Medalist
Is Morozov a hypnotist? IMHO all skaters that consider being coached by him should learn Defence Against the Dark Arts beforehand.

How about just choosing one of the 100+ world-class coaches with no such reputations? Sounds better to me.

To be fair, adolescents are especially drawn to people with dark magnetism but are still successful.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I do not see any point in trying to put Elena and Nikita back together. It just would not work--there are too many deeply held resentments on both sides. It would only be a matter of time before there would be another explosion and another break at possibly the worst possible time.

Status
Not open for further replies.