Elizaveta Tuktamysheva | Page 145 | Golden Skate

Elizaveta Tuktamysheva

adelia

Record Breaker
any first Substitute Skater/Couple (placed 7th in the above-mentioned 2015/16 Grand Prix ranking) will be invited to join the qualified Skaters/Couples, provided that this/these Competitor(s) has/have skated the Short Program/Short Dance at the event in Bordeaux.
This means if Liza is the first substitute she will be in?
First substitute = 7th place.
However, if she finishes in 8th place and someone in the top 6 pulls out of GPF at the last minute, Liza will probably (not 100% sure on this) be in as well.

Last edited:

LRK

Record Breaker
Well, I think that Mishin is operating under the assumption that Liza won't go to the GPF - hence why he entered her into the Warsaw Cup last minute, to give her a competition before Russian Nationals.

adelia

Record Breaker
Well, I think that Mishin is operating under the assumption that Liza won't go to the GPF - hence why he entered her into the Warsaw Cup last minute, to give her a competition before Russian Nationals.
Yes. There have been some indications along the way that the ISU decision would not be very beneficial to Russian TEB skaters.

Alex D

Record Breaker
Liza and Barcelona?

As you all know, Liza has 20 points and is tied with Rika. Rika however, has the better SP scores, therefore she sits on 4 and Liza on 5.

At the NHK event, 5 more girls can get up to 20 or higher. The skaters are,

Courtney Hicks
Mao Asada
Ashley Wagner
Anna Pogorilaya
Satoko Miyahara

Mao and Ashley only need to come 6th, in order to qualify. They would then have 20 points as well, but due their first placement at a GP event, the better tie breaker. In this case. Rika Hongo and Liza would both go to Barcelona, as Rika is 6th and Liza 7th. Liza would be allowed to join, due the new ISU announcement in which the 7th skater, if he or she / they was at TEB will not be a sub, but a competitor. Unfortunately, do we have three more ladies that can ruin the day for Liza.

Courtney:

She can only qualify, if she wins NHK. In that case she would have 20 points in total, but the better tie breaker over Rika (first vs. second place as the best result in the GP series). Rika & Liza would be out, only 6 girls go to Barcelona.

Anna:

She can only qualify, if she wins NHK or comes second. In both cases she would have more than 20 points in total (24, 22). By coming third, she would have 20, but lose in a tie breaker to Rika, as Rika came second at CoC, while Anna only 4th.

Satoko:

She can only qualify, if she wins NHK or comes second or third, while Anna does not win the competition or comes second in case Satoko is third. A victory would give her 26, a second place 24 and a third 22. These 22 however, can be beaten by Anna as mentioned. If Anna wins, her better placement would eliminate Satoko even if she comes second.

As it stands, Liza seems to be way off from a qualification, but someone can still hope right?

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Courtney is a non-factor, but Liza's chances are definitely slim anyway. I really don't think it's the worst thing in the world if she can't qualify...Nationals are far more important. Mishin seems to think so too.

http://www.allsportinfo.ru/index.php?id=99507

Courtney could be a factor for Miyahara and Anna if she places higher than them, so Liza's chance could be higher for the GPF.

But I think Liza's issue is within her stamina; she looked so exhausted at both SC and TEB.
Mishin let her tired body recover, so she can focus on her performances at the nationals.

Last edited:

shyne

Final Flight
As you all know, Liza has 20 points and is tied with Rika. Rika however, has the better SP scores, therefore she sits on 4 and Liza on 5.

At the NHK event, 5 more girls can get up to 20 or higher. The skaters are,

Courtney Hicks
Mao Asada
Ashley Wagner
Anna Pogorilaya
Satoko Miyahara

Mao and Ashley only need to come 6th, in order to qualify. They would then have 20 points as well, but due their first placement at a GP event, the better tie breaker. In this case. Rika Hongo and Liza would both go to Barcelona, as Rika is 6th and Liza 7th. Liza would be allowed to join, due the new ISU announcement in which the 7th skater, if he or she / they was at TEB will not be a sub, but a competitor. Unfortunately, do we have three more ladies that can ruin the day for Liza.

Courtney:

She can only qualify, if she wins NHK. In that case she would have 20 points in total, but the better tie breaker over Rika (first vs. second place as the best result in the GP series). Rika & Liza would be out, only 6 girls go to Barcelona.

Anna:

She can only qualify, if she wins NHK or comes second. In both cases she would have more than 20 points in total (24, 22). By coming third, she would have 20, but lose in a tie breaker to Rika, as Rika came second at CoC, while Anna only 4th.

Satoko:

She can only qualify, if she wins NHK or comes second or third, while Anna does not win the competition or comes second in case Satoko is third. A victory would give her 26, a second place 24 and a third 22. These 22 however, can be beaten by Anna as mentioned. If Anna wins, her better placement would eliminate Satoko even if she comes second.

As it stands, Liza seems to be way off from a qualification, but someone can still hope right?

If Mao and Ashely finish 1st and 2nd, Anna 3rd and Satoko 4th, then both Anna and Satoko will be out of the final, Rika and Liza will enter the GPF as 6th and 7th. I don't think this is highly unlikely.

tulosai

Record Breaker
Honestly, Liza has a chance but I would call it an outside chance at this time. It wouldn't be shocking but she needs a very specific set of circumstances to make it.

LRK

Record Breaker
Yes. Hopefully this means that if she does make it, we will be spared the accusations that this has all been wrangled with Liza specifically in mind. Though it would make no sense, I shan't be holding my breath, though....

noidont

Final Flight
If Mao and Ashley goes 1-2 in any order and Anna places over Satoko 3-4 then Liza is indeed the seventh place finisher thus qualified. To be honest I think Liza should opt out anyway.