Elizaveta Tuktamysheva | Page 149 | Golden Skate

Elizaveta Tuktamysheva

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
Do you guys think she will keep it til the end of the season???

LRK

Record Breaker
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eg4TL8bgVHg
Liza SP

Edit:
Alright, I've watched it and double checked the 3A in slo-mo. Definitely her best attempt at it this season. It seems she might have been having problems timing her jumps with Carmina Burana. It's much easier with Bolero of course given the beat and tempo.

That's interesting what you say - that the timing didn't work for her as well in Carmina. Well, this was a step forward for her overall, and her best SP yet this season, so it seems their choice to go back to Bolero is working out. Even if I am sad to see (the potential of) Carmina go, I'm glad about that. Ultimately, after all, it's what works for her. Hopefully she'll be able to keep it together in the LP. And then improve on this at Nationals.

Note Re the discussion above about her test skate SP dress - it wasn't even all black. There was red detailing on the sleeves, but also on the belt around her waist. It was a dark red that wasn't that easily visible, but did give it a sort of sinister look that was especially cool. In my opinion, of course.:) Oh, well... I often wonder what happened to it? Did someone spill coffee on it? Did it catch on a nail and tear? Or was the material in the skirt/overdress, which looked a little stiff - like tulle or something - a bit uncomfortable and hindering to wear while skating? Or did she simply not like it? Will we ever know? Sigh...

tulosai

Record Breaker
I am glad this went better for her!

I do hope it was a timing and not a psychological issue. Though it's great if going back to this program has solved a psychological issue, the fact is that she is going to have to skate some program that is not Bolero in the future.

Looking forward to the LP!

ovafanboy1

On the Ice
I am glad this went better for her!

I do hope it was a timing and not a psychological issue. Though it's great if going back to this program has solved a psychological issue, the fact is that she is going to have to skate some program that is not Bolero in the future.

Looking forward to the LP!

I wouldn't call it a psychological problem, but issues resulting from an exorbitant amount of pressure. She's the reigning WC coming into this season trying to replicate the peak form she displayed at EC/WC/WTT without the same slow build. Let's not forget she had 10(!) clean short programs before even attempting a 3A, and even then it took three attempts to produce what she put together at Worlds. If she's going to try the 3A in the short for the whole season, not do the same competition schedule, and deal with the radical mindframe shift from "I want to prove I'm better than 10th place at Russian Nationals" to "I'm the World Champion with the best technical arsenal in the field," there has to be some element of stability, something from last season to let her feel like this season isn't so different from last.

Putting this performance side-by-side with Worlds, it's impressive how well she retained most (if not all) of the transitions and choreographic elements after not competing this program since April. There was a longer wind-up to the 3A and combo than in Shanghai, but I do think a old program will allow her to focus on the jumps while being able to rely on familiar presentation. The judges certainly liked this change; even with Adelina's errors, beating her by 3 points in components is massive and sends a message heading into Nationals.

LRK

Record Breaker
I"m not sure.
Mishin wasn't happy about something in the K&C. Was it the combo?

I think he was more sympathetic and kind when she skated really badly. I think this was more of a "this is good, but it could have been better" skate, and therefore he didn't feel the need to be consoling about it. So, in a way one can see it as a good sign - that he feels she's made enough progress, that he can allow himself to be more critical.

adelia

Record Breaker
I think he was more sympathetic and kind when she skated really badly. I think this was more of a "this is good, but it could have been better" skate, and therefore he didn't feel the need to be consoling about it. So, in a way one can see it as a good sign - that he feels she's made enough progress, that he can allow himself to be more critical.
I think she could have gone for the 3-3, the first 3T looked very solid. That was probably his issue.

Sweet Dream

Final Flight
I"m not sure.
Mishin wasn't happy about something in the K&C. Was it the combo?

The combo mistake is avoidable, so Mishin's reaction in the K&C is understandable. As the Nationals are around the corner, I think they will keep this old SP till the end.

LRK

Record Breaker
Yay, Liza! :) I think this is the best she's performed the program - still room for considerable improvement, of course, but she's definitely heading in the right direction, and that's encouraging to see. :)

ovafanboy1

On the Ice
No, 3A aside, the LP at Skate Canada was definitely better/cleaner.

In terms of performance quality, I have to disagree; the jumps were overall stronger in Canada, but she really sold it (particularly at the end, my favorite part lol) today.

adelia

Record Breaker
In terms of performance quality, I have to disagree; the jumps were overall stronger in Canada, but she really sold it (particularly at the end, my favorite part lol) today.
Performance is but one of five components of PCS. Her TES was 3 pts lower here than at SC. She did well today but the LP at SC was better because it was cleaner.

ovafanboy1

On the Ice
Performance is but one of five components of PCS. Her TES was 3 pts lower here than at SC. She did well today but the LP at SC was better because it was cleaner.

I wasn't referring purely to performance/execution, but my overall impression of watching her all season. I haven't seen the protocols yet but if the number's on your side, that's fine! Regardless, the momentum looks to really be building now heading into Nationals.

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
I juts had a sigh of relief
Crysis averted!:biggrin:

Regardless, the momentum looks to really be building now heading into Nationals.
thats the main thing. I was so nervous that this downtime is srsly mental/psychological
She seems to be more stable/comfortable its a good sign!
finally Im not really worried about her prospects for the team.:hap10:
Obv much much room for improvement