Eunsoo Lim to be coached by Arutunian | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Eunsoo Lim to be coached by Arutunian

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
If Nathan is going to Yale, he isn't going to be spending much time with Raf.....

oatmella

陈巍
Record Breaker
Nathan will be there in the summer (well when he’s not traveling to shows and whatever else), and per icenetwork article, Raf may be traveling some to Yale. But I guess that would mean less Raf for the rest of his students.

randomfan

Record Breaker
This is very unexpected...:slink:

But at least it’s reliveing to hear that KSU seems to be getting their figure skaters to go abroad!

georgia

On the Ice
Great news. The skaters learn from each other as much as from their coaches. I hope RAF will try to get a great choreographer . I can’t wait to see the results.

mau

3Lz3Lo3Lo3Lo3Lo
On the Ice
I was thinking about of her changing coach like... yesterday. :shocked:

It will be fun to watch Eunsoo and Marin evolving together and pushing themselves technically. :agree:

icybear

Medalist
I dont think Raf is the kind of coach who can be of use to help Eunsoo complete against the Russians. He isnt exactly great use for transition and skating skills which is exactly what Eunsoo is lacking against the Russian.

AshWagsFan

Edges for days.
Final Flight
Country
United-States
Not a terrible move for her, but maybe not the best. I like her charisma and she has nice jumps, we just need to work on the PCS a little

randomfan

Record Breaker
Not a terrible move for her, but maybe not the best. I like her charisma and she has nice jumps, we just need to work on the PCS a little

Actually, I think her spins are a much bigger problem than her PCS. She sometimes does a good job of selling her programs, but her spins are constantly losing levels, and they don’t even get high GOEs in the first place. Either way, like you said, the switch to Raf does not seem to be the best idea. But we’ll see :biggrin:

AshWagsFan

Edges for days.
Final Flight
Country
United-States
Actually, I think her spins are a much bigger problem than her PCS. She sometimes does a good job of selling her programs, but her spins are constantly losing levels, and they don’t even get high GOEs in the first place. Either way, like you said, the switch to Raf does not seem to be the best idea. But we’ll see :biggrin:

Very true, her spins need work. And as we’ve seen with Nathan and Ashley, spins aren’t exactly Raf’s main focus.

Step Sequence4

JULLLIEEEEETTTT!
Final Flight
I think this’ll be good for packaging. She’ll get much better programs with Raf, not sure if he’ll help much with spins but better programs should help PCS.

Alifyre

On the Ice
I find it interesting that everyone who is talking Raf as not a good coach for spins or steps hasn't brought up Adam, who has lovely speed and positions in his speed and some pretty nice (although not perfect) steps to boot. Nathan is a kind of extreme example, they've clearly been buffing his tech at the sacrifice of steps but if Eunsoo was to go the Adam route I can't see it being a poor choice to go to Raf, even if others may have been better. It's not like Raf has never put out a good spinner before.

oatmella

陈巍
Record Breaker
I like Adam’s spins and his layback spin is beautiful - but wondering if he already had those spins before he went to Raf? I don’t really know

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I hope Lakewood Ice is thinking of having security measures like TCC.

It's different with TCC though. It's a private club, so it's set up to have security and be closed to the public. Whereas Lakewood is more of a public rink, one of the Anaheim Duck's rinks. It has Learn to Skate, public sessions, birthday parties, hockey, etc.

yyyskate

Record Breaker
I like Adam’s spins and his layback spin is beautiful - but wondering if he already had those spins before he went to Raf? I don’t really know

Adam's spins are always nice. he can do great lay-back spin when he was with BO, actually I just rewatched Adam's 2010 program, he is faster and with much more flow back then. There is actually more pure skating(whole body skating) and blade work to Adam's skating back then than his current all about showmanship.

withwings

On the Ice
Certainly Rafael is trying to do all the best he can for his skaters ( and many thanks to him for this!) but he IS NOT- and never ever has been!- good in, as to say, psychological deprment". He might be a good technical coach ( though not in everything) but quite weak in some other areas. IT might be very tough for the girls from other cultures.And was not it his fault that Ashley did not qualify for the Olympics?? Who advised her to keep Moulin Rouage??? Rafael. When his skaters cannot deal with a pressure and, consequently, do not have a clear vision , he is not able to help. Anyway, thanks for he can do and what he is doing.
Though, I never ever would have sent my daughter to him.

andromache

Record Breaker
Re: Adam's spins - to be fair to all involved, while Adam's spins are and have been of exceptionally high aesthetic quality, he has not been consistent in attaining his levels over the years. Same for his steps (though those have been of less aesthetic quality in comparison to his spins).

Again - we have yet to see any skaters go to Raf who NEED help with spins and steps. Most skaters who move to Raf need jump help, so it makes sense that they will focus on jumps to the detriment of other areas of their skating. So I am interested to see what he and his team do with Eunsoo. Her spins are weak, but she needs help in most areas of her skating.