cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland

LRK

Record Breaker
3.9 million sign petition to replay England vs Iceland
A petition set up by disgruntled England fans to replay their side’s 2-1 European Championship defeat to Iceland has reached 3.9 million signatures.

http://newsthump.com/2016/06/28/3-9-million-sign-petition-to-replay-england-vs-iceland/

" “The result is unacceptable, unstomachable – no one wants a tiny isolationist island getting through to the next round – it must not stand,” he told us.

“No-one told the players they needed to do their bit on the pitch and score more than the opposition – in a situation as important at this the other team should have to score at least two more than England in order to secure a victory.

“It’s just so unfair that the result isn’t the one I wanted – can we go back to the bit when we were still in Europe, please?” "

:rofl:

Oh, my... oh, my... oh, my... ! Surely 'tis a jest? Regardless, it is exceedingly funny...

And here I thought I was as disappointed as the next person that England was out of the Euros' - but apparently not! :laugh:

(That's not even comparing how I feel about Spain being out - but Italy played very well and won fair & square. I am pleased that I think Spain played well too, and could have scored - but they didn't; "Close shoots no bird." And it is what it is. But at least Spain is Spain yet again. That is comforting to me.)

Last edited:

LRK

Record Breaker
Oh, and I clean forgot what I came here to post in the first place:

Meagan Duhamel ‏@mhjd_85 · 15h15 hours ago
Seriously loving Iceland right now! @UEFAEURO #EURO16 #underdogsforthevictory

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker

Alexz

Medalist
Country
United-States
3.9 million sign petition to replay England vs Iceland
A petition set up by disgruntled England fans to replay their side’s 2-1 European Championship defeat to Iceland has reached 3.9 million signatures.

http://newsthump.com/2016/06/28/3-9-million-sign-petition-to-replay-england-vs-iceland/

I blame Brexit, the English looked totally distracted.
Amazing fight from Iceland! But I doubt that they can beat France.

" “The result is unacceptable, unstomachable – no one wants a tiny isolationist island getting through to the next round – it must not stand,” he told us.

“No-one told the players they needed to do their bit on the pitch and score more than the opposition – in a situation as important at this the other team should have to score at least two more than England in order to secure a victory.

:rofl:

Oh, my... oh, my... oh, my... ! Surely 'tis a jest? Regardless, it is exceedingly funny...

And here I thought I was as disappointed as the next person that England was out of the Euros' - but apparently not! :laugh:

Poor good old England got beaten by the team from the country which has more volcanoes than professional footballers. ;)

Alexz

Medalist
Country
United-States
Seen on Facebook yesterday

ICELAND
---------------------------------------
Population...............................................334,319
Females..................................................-170,503
Males under 18........................................-40,121
Males over 35..........................................-85,670
Too fat...................................................-24,774
Volcano observers on duty........................-321
Sheep shearers (currently high season)......-2,856
Off whaling.............................................-788
Jailed bank managers...............................-23
One-legged.............................................-189
Blind......................................................-265
Iceland supporters in France.....................-8,781
Team doctor, cook and massage therapist..-3
National team coach................................-1
Totally awesome TV commentator.............-1
----------------------------------------------
Total left population for football team:..........23

:agree:

Last edited:

Alexz

Medalist
Country
United-States
Iceland fans + their national footbal team = that's got to be about 40% of the Icelandic male population in that stadium. Good time to invade. If you're into that sort of thing. :sarcasm: :rofl:

Spinning

On the Ice
Seen on Facebook yesterday

ICELAND
---------------------------------------
Population...............................................334,319
Females..................................................-170,503
Males under 18........................................-40,121
Males over 35..........................................-85,670
Too fat...................................................-24,774
Volcano observers on duty........................-321
Sheep shearers (currently high season)......-2,856
Off whaling.............................................-788
Jailed bank managers...............................-23
One-legged.............................................-189
Blind......................................................-265
Iceland supporters in France.....................-8,781
Team doctor, cook and massage therapist..-3
National team coach................................-1
Totally awesome TV commentator.............-1
----------------------------------------------
Total left population for football team:..........23

:agree:

I think their coach is Swedish. :scratch2:

LRK

Record Breaker
He is - but doesn't he have an Icelandic assistant? And/or one could count Lagerbäck as honorary Icelandic for the duration of the tournament.;)

Spinning

On the Ice
He is - but doesn't he have an Icelandic assistant? And/or one could count Lagerbäck as honorary Icelandic for the duration of the tournament.;)

Even then, what about GK Coach, Fitness Coach, Physiotherapist, Nutritionist, Kit Manager, Equipment Manager? Multitasking must be in order.

And the jailed bankers are at least 29, the last time I heard.

LRK

Record Breaker
Well, it's just statistics being ever unreliable... ne'er more so where jailed bankers are concerned.;)

HanDomi

Record Breaker
POLAND goal in 2 min !! Yes
1-1 after 1st half

one of comination actions from Poland was insane, shame it didn't ended with goal

Last edited:

LRK

Record Breaker
So, I suppose Portugal should be pushing to decide the match during play - while Poland probably wouldn't mind penalties as much.

LRK

Record Breaker
Ugh, penalties just make me quesy... And I don't even have any particular preferences!

sneakers

Match Penalty
drats I was rooting for Poland

looks like Germany again will win, unless Italy makes a surprise and knock them out
in QF

Last edited:

LRK

Record Breaker
Well, I like Germany, so I won't mind them winning the tournament. (I like Italy as well, so the Germany-Italy match is again one of those lose-lose matches for me, though.)

But for my random-why-the-heck-not-guess I'm still going with a Portugal-Iceland final.:)

So, Wales versus Belgium today. (Or tonight?)

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
drats I was rooting for Poland

looks like Germany again will win, unless Italy makes a surprise and knock them out
in Semis
Actually Germany plays Italy in QF :) And I do count on Italy to knock them out, like 4 years ago :p To be fair, Poland didn't play very well, bo so wasn't Portugal, and whoever wins the second QF (Wales-Belgium) should have no bigger problems in semis with Portugal. I'm predicting Wales for win unless Belgium will go with Carrasco in first squad, then Belgium will win :biggrin:

LRK, I would love to see Iceland in Final! And even for the win! That would be better than Greece winning in 2004 :dance: And I'm saying this as a big Squadra Azzurri fan.

Last edited:

LRK

Record Breaker
Actually Germany plays Italy in QF :) And I do count on Italy to knock them out, like 4 years ago :p To be fair, Poland didn't play very well, bo so wasn't Portugal, and whoever wins the second QF (Wales-Belgium) should have no bigger problems in semis with Portugal. I'm predicting Wales for win unless Belgium will go with Carrasco in first squad, then Belgium will win :biggrin:

LRK, I would love to see Iceland in Final! And even for the win! That would be better than Greece winning in 2004 :dance: And I'm saying this as a big Squadra Azzurri fan.

Certainly would be better for me - seeing as I didn't enjoy Greece's game one iota in 2004.;)