Evgeni Semenenko | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Evgeni Semenenko

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
A pity that Zhenya missed GPF, but at least it will give him time to fully recover and gain back his strength. The all important competition is RusNats! Also, his Master and Margarita is an awesome free program and he deserves all the PCS and nobody can convince me otherwise! :points:

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
A pity that Zhenya missed GPF, but at least it will give him time to fully recover and gain back his strength
I agree. Just let him fully recover before the RusNats. There will be opportunities for him to go to the GPF next seasons! He said in interview that he hadn't skated in a week since SCI. He also sprained his neck this morning (but he doesn't blame injuries).

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I know these videos are awfully late (better late than never!), but I do have a couple of vids of Evgeni from CBC television's broadcast of the 2021 Skate Canada International with Kurt Browing as the commentator; Evgeni's short program wasn't shown. (Please note that this is the only GP event which CBC aired this season.)

Kurt talks about Evgeni at the beginning. 2021 SCI Men LP Group 2 Warm-Up Clips (CBC TV 720p):

2021 SCI LP (CBC TV 720p):

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
It was very hard seeing Zhenya's downcast gaze in the K&C after the FS, and while it must be nothing compared to his own disappointment, as a fan his 4th place finish left me quite sad. So close, and yet so far. 😢 For two days I pondered about what to post here, but I think it will be best to focus on the positive. Zhenya skated an inspired SP. His performance is improving every time and he deservedly took the lead.

As for the FS, unfortunately some uncharacteristic errors crept in. Maybe it was the injury, maybe the pressure of the Olympic selection. In any case, I trust Zhenya's coaches Mrs. Mishina and the Professor will know exactly what to work on to avoid such mistakes in future. Zhenya is still very young, but already got good assessments on the international stage this season. If he wants to, he can become the leader of the Russian men going into the next quad.
And while the FS wasn't skated to perfection at Nationals, it is still one of my favourite programs and I am convinced we will still see it skated cleanly this season!

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Wow, I just read the news, and while I am now feeling sad for Andrei M., who gave his all at Nationals, I am over the moon that Zhenya is still going to Euros! He was such a major factor in securing the third quota for Russia and also pocketed a GP medal this season, despite his 4th place finish at Nationals, he deserves to be at Euros as much as anybody! :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Maybe it was the injury, maybe the pressure of the Olympic selection.
Neither. I think he just wanted to take the title.

*interview after the short*
Trankov: What's your dream for this event?
Zhenya: I won't say because it won't come true.

And it was hard to perform after such a skate from Mark. By the way, I saw Zhenya and Mark talking about something after the gala, after that Jesus hugged him.

P.S. I really liked the changes in the FS.

Last edited:

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I'm hoping for the best with Zhenya, but kinda preparing myself for the worst (because I'm a pessimist).

But honestly, I feel like the RusFed has done him no favours (surprise! surprise!) not only is all the pressure now on him to succeed at Euros or kiss the Olympics and Worlds goodbye, people who are less than pleased about Andrei Mozalev been overlooked are starting to pick apart Zhenya's skating and actively hoping he fails. What sort of stupid, idiotic organisation turns their own talented skaters into pariahs amongst fans like this?

Only the RusFed.

Now Zhenya won't get kudos for doing well at Euros (it must be fixed), but he'll get a huge amount of blame and schedufraude if it all goes wrong. Another fine lose-lose situation the Fed has set up here...although of course for them it's win-win, so what do they care?

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Wow, the first picture of the second set is stunning. I'm aware that it belongs together with the second picture, but, imo, it stands really well on its own. This needs to go into my picture archives for possible future avatar use.

Looks like Zhenya is preparing for Europeans in Tartu, which is a smart move on Mishin's part. At least they are already in Estonia and shouldn't have any air-travel-related problems. Hopefully Zhenya has managed to somehow remove himself from the whole mess that was left after RusNats and can focus on the competition ahead.
I have repurposed all of my Christmas candles and lit them for Zhenya to really deliver at Euros and grab a shiny medal there. Go Zhenya, go, we believe in you!!!

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
I am so worried right now. 😩 Zhenya has all the makings of a champion, but he really has to deliver here, otherwise I fear all hell will break loose. The Sal didn't go too well in practise, hopefully it's a case of "the dress hearsal must be bad for the show to be good" (as we say in Austria). The Axel was gorgeous though!

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Shame about the level on the StSq but it was a great skate! And I'm glad he didn't win SP so he won't be closing the competition...
Congrats on the small bronze!

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
I agree, third after the short (but virtually tied) is an excellent position going into the free. And thanks for the video without commentary!