Fedor Andreev good vibes support thread | Golden Skate

Fedor Andreev good vibes support thread

cloudkicker09

Final Flight
LISTEN UP EVERYONE

For the Fedor Andreev Fans, the SP was rough.

He made mistake and they nailed him for it, they undermarked him in PCS, and everything else.

HERE LET US SHOW OUR SUPPORT, We know that he CAN move up in to the standings his Long Program is beautiful,

May all of the prayers and good vibes in this thread shoot Fedor up to the top,
G-d I am asking for at least top 6 so that he can qualify to international assignments next year, but the dream is the world team.

fumie_fumie

Final Flight
I'm in. Send my best wishes to Fedor too.

Fedor rocks!
Balde rocks!
Vaughn rocks!
Shawn rocks!
Ian rocks!
Patrick rocks!
Kevin, he would, if he had a better costume!

Let's show some love for Canuck men

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
May all of the prayers and good vibes in this thread shoot Fedor up to the top,
G-d I am asking for at least top 6 so that he can qualify to international assignments next year, but the dream is the world team.

I think he has to be top 5 to make the National team. I wish him a brilliant LP skate!

lisou

On the Ice
COME ON FEDOR !!!

Can anybody tell me in how much time is left until the event starts, I can't figure out the time zones and it's already 8:50 PM here.

screech

Final Flight
Good luck to Fedor!

I'm not making any results comments. I just hope that he has the same attitude he had after the SP, saying he had fun out there. I'd love for him to just go out and have a blast, not focusing on any pressure or expectations. I hope that having fun will lead him to skate the best he can and perform to his abilities (note I said PERFORM, not jump).

Also, that Skate Canada realizes that his programs were choreographed by their darling Jeff!!

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
cloudkicker09, this thread was a cute idea, but please use an uppercase "A" for his surname in the thread title. ;)

We must remember that he almost quit the sport during the summer, so Fedor deserves an applaud for sticking to it. :clap: It totally sucks that his SP didn't go as planned, but at least there IS a short for us to talk about! :p It would have been far worse IMHO if he had left figure skating.

I think he has to be top 5 to make the National team.

Yes, the National Team is indeed the Top 5 and not the Top 6. He's going to need a miracle to jump up 7 positions. I don't think we've seen any big leaps in the over-all standings this season like we did in previous years. Fedor is totally capable of moving up after a weak SP (and I expect that he will), but to get into the Top 5, his LP has to be near-perfect and lots of guys would have to falter. It can happen, but the odds are against him.

Also, that Skate Canada realizes that his programs were choreographed by their darling Jeff!!

I'm sure they do, but they don't seem to care. It looks like SC wants to throw Andreev out with yesterday's trash. As I pointed out on the Men's SP thread, he only got a point higher than Reynolds on PCS, which is kinda absurd. :rolleye: Fedor's PCS was the 3rd highest in both segments at last year's Nationals, but now it's only the 7th highest. Clearly the home judges don't want him to be anywhere near the National Team. I suspect they might be "punishing" him for losing his motivation during the summer. :mad:

I just hope that he has the same attitude he had after the SP, saying he had fun out there. I'd love for him to just go out and have a blast, not focusing on any pressure or expectations. I hope that having fun will lead him to skate the best he can and perform to his abilities (note I said PERFORM, not jump).

ITA! Not too many skaters can reach Fedor's level with only 2.5 months of work, so as long he keeps up this progress throughout the year, he'll be a force to be reckoned with next season. At least he didn't look heartbroken in the K&C (like at his 2008 Nats LP). He was certainly disappointed with the low score, but I liked the fact that he was still able to smile. :)

SKATE YOUR HEART OUT, FEDOR!!! :rock: Your fans will always lurve your skating no matter what happens! :love: There's no other male skater who is as much of a tiger on the ice as you are! :biggrin:

All the good luck to Fedor and Shawn!!! Since Pat doesn't need any:biggrin:

:laugh: Too true! :agree:

Last edited:

Dodhiyel

Final Flight
I am wishing Fedor all the best; I loved watching him on YouTube; his skating is beautiful, and that counts a great deal with me.

Nowadays, the choreographer has a lot to do with the scores. They have to be savvy about CoP, about the levels of the spins, of the steps, of the extra points gained by back-loading elements, entrance difficulty, etc. Most skaters do not seem to be doing their own choreo; I think it takes a CoP expert to help a skater gain all the points he can when he or she competes.

Skating beautifully, now that *is* up to the skater, and Fedor does that very well, indeed. In the end, the skaters the public likes to watch, have that quality, so I think Fedor will always have fans, whenever and wherever he performs.

Here's looking at you, Fedor ;) . Thank you for coming back to the ice. :clap:

i love to skate

Medalist

I'm sure they do, but they don't seem to care. It looks like SC wants to throw Andreev out with yesterday's trash. As I pointed out on the Men's SP thread, he only got a point higher than Reynolds on PCS, which is kinda absurd. :rolleye: Fedor's PCS was the 3rd highest in both segments at last year's Nationals, but now it's only the 7th highest. Clearly the home judges don't want him to be anywhere near the National Team. I suspect they might be "punishing" him for losing his motivation during the summer. QUOTE]

I hardly think Skate Canada is "punishing" him. Reynolds, as well as many other of the men (Chipeur for example) have really paid attention to improving their PCS mark. It could be that many of the men have just improved and made up ground on Fedor (who really only decided to start competing this fall). Anyways, just wanted to comment on this. Best of luck to Fedor - hopefully he will have a great skate :yes:

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I'm still rather emotional from what happened to Fedor at Canadians, but I thought I'd share this little article about him which was published after his LP: http://www.thestarphoenix.com/Business/TheStarPhoenix+figure+skating+blog/1172521/story.html

...he says his next step after the national competition is to “go home and cry a little”

Oh, poor guy! :frown: It sounds like he needs a hug. (((Fedor))) It's nice that Tracy Wilson congratulated him. :)

I hardly think Skate Canada is "punishing" him. Reynolds, as well as many other of the men (Chipeur for example) have really paid attention to improving their PCS mark. It could be that many of the men have just improved and made up ground on Fedor (who really only decided to start competing this fall).

As I've mentioned before, I was a little miffed that his PCS was only a point higher than Reynolds in the SP. I'm sorry, but no judge is going to convince me that Fedor's skating skills, interpretation, etc. are as dreadful as Kevin's. :rolleye:

Over-all, I think he skated his LP better than at last year's Nationals, yet his PCS for "Violin Concerto" was a few points lower than his tango routine.

Last edited: