Finland's FS national championships 2023 | Golden Skate

Finland's FS national championships 2023

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Finland's national championships will be hold December 16th-18th at Joensuu.

3 best skaters from previous nationals have got the spot automatically, if they take part in same series. Other skaters have been selected from two qualification competitions.

List of participants

As Jenni Saarinen is on the list but has announced her retirement, probably somebody will replace her (maybe Mia Koskinen, she seems to first not to qualified). In seniors there have usually been 15 spots.

There is a stream, but behind paywall.

My own opinion is great to see so many in competitors men. I am not sure if there has never before been so many. Though TES level is not high there will be competition and there any many who can get silver or bronze. Dr. V is now difficult to beat, but younger skaters have their own competition from other medals.

TT_Fin

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
They have live score box ๐Ÿ˜€. Similar as Finlandia Trophy.

yesterday

Record Breaker
Lida! โค๏ธ

Do you know if there's familiy affairs going on or are the familiar names (e.g. Saarinen) there just a coincidence?

balabam

๐Ÿฅ•๐Ÿฅ•๐ŸŒต๐ŸŒต๐Ÿ˜ˆ๐Ÿ˜€
Record Breaker
Country
Slovakia
They have live score box ๐Ÿ˜€. Similar as Finlandia Trophy.

The best Nationals score box contest this weekend :p

1. if any
2. reliability (if not missing for every other skater)
3. speed of data transfer after element done
4. clarity (for casual fan)
5. usefulness (for hardcore fan)
6. design

What did I miss? :D

TT_Fin

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
The best Nationals score box contest this weekend :p

1. if any
2. reliability (if not missing for every other skater)
3. speed of data transfer after element done
4. clarity (for casual fan)
5. usefulness (for hardcore fan)
6. design

What did I miss? :D
Green/red boxes? Finns have it. Or does you list include it already?

TT_Fin

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Lida! โค๏ธ

Do you know if there's familiy affairs going on or are the familiar names (e.g. Saarinen) there just a coincidence?
She is Iida. Old name, but today popular young girls' name . -nen is the most common end in Finnish names. The most popular surname is Virtanen. Matti Virtanen is like John Smith. Also I both my childhood name and my husbands name I use now is something+nen. The bases in history to that kind of name comes from eastern part of Finland. It does not mean anything special, sometimes it can mean little or lots of something, often more poetic than official version of language Karhunen = little bear (poetic). Saarinen = lot of Islands. Peltonen = little field. Virtanen = little stream. The beginning of the name before -nen sometimes means something, sometimes - like my name - not.

Unna Kuusinen in top6 is new name to me. She was extremely happy after her skate, so I think she improved her PB a lot.

Last edited:

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
I love the Finnish ice dance teams enough to buy the stream, and good skate by Orihara/Pirinen! Yuka does need a redo on her hair color though

TT_Fin

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Lauri Lankila went for 3A. Not clean but hang on. I didn't expect the first skater to do it, if any.

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Max Sene, the owner of the rad hair. Bad skate but still rad hair.

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Who's the guy with that beautiful blond ponytail?

TT_Fin

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Minja Peltonen went for 3lz-3lo. Turn between and loop underrotated, but her best attempt this season.

TT_Fin

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Easy won for Iida in junior women, though even she did several mistakes, no falls or pops, but landing errors and she had problems even with spins. No mistakes in spins, but lower levels what she is used to get. Score box got frozen just during her skate after it had worked well all day. Junior men chaos. Five of top junior women would have also won junior men.

yesterday

Record Breaker
She is Iida. Old name, but today popular young girls' name . -nen is the most common end in Finnish names. The most popular surname is Virtanen. Matti Virtanen is like John Smith. Also I both my childhood name and my husbands name I use now is something+nen. The bases in history to that kind of name comes from eastern part of Finland. It does not mean anything special, sometimes it can mean little or lots of something, often more poetic than official version of language Karhunen = little bear (poetic). Saarinen = lot of Islands. Peltonen = little field. Virtanen = little stream. The beginning of the name before -nen sometimes means something, sometimes - like my name - not.

Unna Kuusinen in top6 is new name to me. She was extremely happy after her skate, so I think she improved her PB a lot.
Ah sure ๐Ÿ™ˆ late night typo ๐Ÿ˜…
and thank you for the insight in names!

yesterday

Record Breaker
Wow, I hope Arttu can hang on to the podium tomorrow, but his FS is unpredictable ๐Ÿคž

fun fact: today I watched Latvia Trophy and thought that VV was there to coach the two Ukrainians, but as he did his SP here today, I doubt that ๐Ÿ˜‚