Grand Prix 2021, Unseeded Assignments? | Golden Skate

Grand Prix 2021, Unseeded Assignments?

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
When is the earliest we can find out who will be assigned two spots in the Grand Prix?

Using ladies as an example we know the top six at worlds (Shcherbakova, Tuktamysheva, Trusova, Chen, Hendrickx, Sakamoto) will be there with two spots and 7th to 12th (Kihira, Mikitina, Tenell, Lee, Kim & Ryabova) but who else is likely?

I think Schizas, Miyahara and H. Chen are all likely as they come from host countries. Also the medalists at the 2020 junior worlds (Valieva, Usacheva and Liu) will make some deals definitely.

For the other disciplines outside of the top 12 I thinking Men Boyang, Brezina and Han definitely will get two spots. In Pairs (outside the top 10) Ziegler/Kiefer, Walsh/Michund and Hamon/Strekalin. In Dance I see all of the top 15 with two spots.

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
For the Russians, Alena and Kamila would definitely get two (along with the world medalists), plus some of the up-and-comers. For the Americans, I think the USFSA will want Mariah, Amber, and Alysa (along with the worlds team) to get two.

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
When is the earliest we can find out who will be assigned two spots in the Grand Prix?
Going by past practices, the earliest we’d know the assignments would be late June.

But there’s also questions about whether they’re going to vary the normal rules again, since the general lack of a prior season has disproportionately affected skaters who didn’t get to go to Worlds (and especially junior skaters for whom this would be their first senior season).

Ziotic

Medalist
I actually think they released GP assignments in may last Olympic season.
But who knows!
Based on what’s going on in my country, I think it will proceed as a usually season just perhaps less or no spectators at some events

Reactions: DSQ

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
I think the Cup of China is the most likely to go ahead with an audience but I am concerned about the NHK Trophy because the vaccine roll out in Japan is so slow.

hyperbunny

Rinkside
I think the Cup of China is the most likely to go ahead with an audience but I am concerned about the NHK Trophy because the vaccine roll out in Japan is so slow.
NHK Trophy already had an audience last season.