Jason Brown | Page 1004 | Golden Skate

Jason Brown

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Second again🥈 Bravo:cheer:

After competing only once the entire year, basically a "throwaway" warmup competition.

Even more important for me: the audience adored him. Just adored him. Did I mention they adored him?

It does my heart good to see Jason soaking up that well deserved applause.❤️

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
And another accolade. for Jason:love2:

Jason was awarded tonight the "Button-Salchow" Trophy.
The Trophy that was gifted personally from Ulrich Salchow to Dick Button, then to Misha Petkevich, then to Paul Wylie

And now to Jason:cheer:

Rohene has a fancam of the ceremony:

fzztsimmons

On the Ice
Guys … GUYS I’M SEEING JASON LIVE IN MONTREAL!!! MY FIRST (and probably only) TIME SEEING HIM SKATE!!!!

I’ve been nervously holding my breath since I bought tickets, I kinda assumed it was a given that he’d been there but I don’t think I realised how anxious I was until I literally could not watch the free skate last night … So when it was officially confirmed he’d made the team I cried myself to sleep lol! I’m so so so made up for him, and I can’t wait to see him at Worlds!!

noskates

Record Breaker
It's so gratifying to see the love demonstrated to Jason by the fans - and the obvious respect from his fellow skaters. It just goes to show that if you continue working, staying true to yourself, and not listening to the outside noise.....you'll "win." Kudos to Jason.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
My little gift to the Jason Fan thread :cool:

IMG_0293.jpeg

I didn’t take many pics on Sunday because I just wanted to enjoy the last day of skating but I managed to sneak this one in during Jason’s FS. I was thinking of the GS Jason Fans while I was lucky enough to be watching in person and I really wanted to share a little moment for those that couldn’t be there.

I’ve seen Jason skate live a few times before but never in a competition let alone such a major event. It was a moment I’ll always hold close. The way he connects with the audience is something really special.

susandwyer

Rinkside
I don't believe it! Amazing. 💕💕💕
I was there and it was wonderful. Jason was the poster (Man) for USFS. While promoting National’s with Brian B last summer, they met with officials around the city. One was the Symphony and he told them he has always wanted to skate Live to an Orchestra. They agreed to do it, then he asked USFS. It was so beautiful. They sent the music to his phone and then he performed in front of them.

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I was there and it was wonderful. Jason was the poster (Man) for USFS. While promoting National’s with Brian B last summer, they met with officials around the city. One was the Symphony and he told them he has always wanted to skate Live to an Orchestra. They agreed to do it, then he asked USFS. It was so beautiful. They sent the music to his phone and then he performed in front of them.
It was a lovely performance and they said they didn't even have a rehearsal. It just worked and Jason skated with the music. Andrea Joyce interviewed him also, and talked to him about his pro/am career, which she described as going quite well. He also said that Riverdance made him want to concentrate on his performance quality, because so many people loved that program. It was responsible for the trajectory his career took. Ro knew what he was doing!

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Seconding all the other recommendations, if you can find the complete gala skate for Jason, you owe it to yourself to watch it.

Jason was mesmerizing.❤️❤️❤️

Only Jason could take a Tchaikovsky piece for string sextet (souvenir de Florence), meld together signature Jason moves and come up with this kind of performance. Even though we all know it was on the fly, he crafted a skate that fit the piece perfectly.

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
It's interesting to hear from Jason that he considers himself a professional skater who is attempting to navigate a joint part time career in amateur skating competitions. But he views himself as a professional skater first. Competing is the icing on the cake, I guess.