Junhwan Cha | Page 53 | Golden Skate

Junhwan Cha

breadstal

Record Breaker
He got another medal in this bloodbath :sad4: So proud of him, he better have time to rest and recover after all these competitions. He has a chance for GPF, we will see what will happen with other skaters :pray:

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
as everyone said its just incredible how strong he is mmentally in any circumstance and he just turned 17, so proud of you Junhwan, he won his 2nd GP medal in this tough field against all odds, now get some well deserved rest!

nervosa

On the Ice
Good job, Junhwan! Wow...

Even though Jun is making errors like underrotations and sometimes falls, he doesn't pop jumps and his performance is always good even though he's sick and it's the beginning of the season and he's recovering from injuries. I think it shows that he has the mental strength of a top skater, and now he just needs time to develop more before he rises to the top.

Here is Jun's gala performance. I really like this program for Jun, the softer mood suits him well.

malya

On the Ice
His UR issues got better compared to last season, even with stricter judging. I was so shocked by the way his TES dropped in SC last year 😦

Get some rest, maybe you will get an unexpected call to the Gpf Junhwan!

Ophelia

Record Breaker
Jun Hwa is as cute as a button! If he keeps improving, he's going to achieve rockstar status in Korea.

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
Man
what a GP season this is for him. I'm trying not to worry about his URs too much at this age. I do believe that once puberty passes, his jumps will be better. His consistency should be commented on though.

Imov

Medalist
Gonna see his gala vid later.
He was so cute at the presscon saying he didin't like the 4mins because of less choreography time.
I read somewhere that Yuzu name dropped hin in GPF 2016?
If somebody has a link please do share.

Imov

Medalist
Just realized jun skated with shoma uno olympic silver medalist and yuzuru hanyu olympic gold medalist its wow such an honor. And he capped it with a podium finish.

LeeJiHye19

Final Flight
Just realized jun skated with shoma uno olympic silver medalist and yuzuru hanyu olympic gold medalist its wow such an honor. And he capped it with a podium finish.

He even win against Yuzu during ACI FS. It only shows that he's skating more like a true senior figure skater :biggrin:

Weetos

Final Flight
Finally caught up on GPs. Jun Hwan is doing so amazing, I really hope he makes the GPF :pray: he was so good!!

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
In case any of you were curious about the CBC commentary for his GP Helsinki LP, it's at the 4:23 mark, plus there's a warm-up clip at 2:20 (the password is men): https://vimeo.com/296329952 His SP wasn't broadcast on Canadian television.

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Looking at current qualification standings (https://twitter.com/MedvedevaNation/status/1061238998943911937) I honestly don't have much hope at all for Jun to make the GPF. It seems heavily unlikely to me.

But really, I am completely okay with that. Jun skated well so it's fine and I'm happy.

He got two medals at his first senior GPs, he's done extraordinarily well. I had never imagined him to podium at Helsinki (bloodbath lineup and all), so for me finals hadn't even entered my mind before he got that bronze. While if the unexpected happens and Junhwan does make it to finals I will get out all the booze, even if he doesn't it's far from a disappointment. Besides, he's young and there's next year ;)

clippers8200

On the Ice
I hate to say this at the expense of other skaters, but given the CoR disaster, what would it take for Junhwan to make GPF?