Madison Chock & Evan Bates | Page 18 | Golden Skate

Madison Chock & Evan Bates

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I believe they will be there:

From the Nebelhorn icenetwork article:
http://web.icenetwork.com/news/2016...ellini-lanotte-charm-judges-with-chaplin-free

The U.S. silver medalists changed their style and danced in a very modern way to "Under Pressure" by David Bowie. They received predominantly +2 Grades of Execution (GOEs), with six elements gaining a few +3 GOEs, and their speed was greater than that of the Italians.

"We wanted to look different this season, and I think we accomplished that," Chock said. "Our program has so much energy."

"We are more ready this year than we were last season," Bates said. "We had a break in the spring, which we needed. Our motivation is greater than it has ever been. The first competition after six months is always difficult for us, as it is for all skaters. Next week we will compete again in Bratislava (at the Ondrej Nepela Trophy), and we hope to be better there."

Alex D

Record Breaker
nder if they're still planning to go to Ondrej Nepela Memorial 2016? Their names are still on the entry list. It starts this thursday already. :scratch2:

They usually do only one B event, right?

http://www.isuresults.com/events/cat00028779.htm

They stay at Oberstdorf a while longer, as Madi wants to Skydive ;) Question is just, will Evan let her?

But on a more serious note, she wants to find the cows and go biking along the river and other stuff, but they also practice and then go to Bratislava.

Last edited:

Barb

Record Breaker
I LOVE the SD, they look soooo cool!!!! I would love to be like Madison :love::love:

No sure about the FD

noidont

Final Flight
I thought they were fantastic. I've always loved this team but what they are doing this season is really exciting. FD music definitely has some problem but nothing that can't be fixed. I do worry that the judges are generally older and more conservative. C/L won only on that front.

Last edited:

Alex D

Record Breaker
I thought they were fantastic. I've always loved this team but what they are doing this season is really exciting. FD music definitely has some problem but nothing that can't be fixed. I do worry that the judges are generally older and more conservative.

Could you explain please, what "problem" you are refering to. Is it more an issue with the arrangement, or do you just dislike the music? Thank you!

noidont

Final Flight
Could you explain please, what "problem" you are refering to. Is it more an issue with the arrangement, or do you just dislike the music? Thank you!

The beginning part sounds out of pitch. Audio editing/compression problem perhaps, at least that's my impression.

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
I've read today in some other place that they consider to scratch the FD completely or at least to change it significantly due to negative feedback from judges. And the person who posted this info I believe has some insider knowledge. Anyone heard anything about this?

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I thought the skating was really strong although my mind began to wonder a bit in the last half but I was focusing on the music perhaps too much in light of the discussion. Speaking of the music...I think it's over edited and doesn't match up to the intensity the seem to be able to offer this program.. Personally I really like this song and don't feel the need for all of the edits. Sometimes less is more because in this case it seems the music editing has the potential to steal focus.

Awful late for a program change though right? When's their first GP?

Snow63

Record Breaker
I thought the skating was really strong although my mind began to wonder a bit in the last half but I was focusing on the music perhaps too much in light of the discussion. Speaking of the music...I think it's over edited and doesn't match up to the intensity the seem to be able to offer this program.. Personally I really like this song and don't feel the need for all of the edits. Sometimes less is more because in this case it seems the music editing has the potential to steal focus.

Awful late for a program change though right? When's their first GP?

And that's my main problem with it, honestly. I don't think they need to change the dance, just change of some music cuts will be enough I think.

They do 2 back-to-back events, by the way, Skate Canada and Rostelecom cup.

mylifeback

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Hmm, I would be very disappointed if they scrapped the FD; I think it's very interesting & fresh for them. I can see changing the music edits to make it smoother but I really like the choreography.

humbaba

Final Flight
I like the free dance and hope they don't scrap it. I love the a cappella part of the music at the beginning. The music edit should be more conventional after that, IMHO.

Madi and Evan have the Grand Prix schedule from hell this season. Would like to know the inside story on how that came about.

icekiwi

On the Ice
All the best to Maddie & Evan at Skate Canada!! Rock it, guys!!

I am nervous.................don't know about the rest of you.....................

To me, they have the best 'Hip Hop' - punctuated moves and 'attitude'. Also, really liked the straight line side by side choreography at the end. Just afraid these group of judges don't know how to judge 'Hip Hop'. Hip Hop is totally opposite to 'ballet', movements are sharp, right on the beat.

Their FD, again, a lot of innovative moves and nuances, that require lots of practice to perfect them, especially coming from Christopher Dean. I really liked the construction as a whole but unsure of the music at some points. However, as someone here has mentioned, don't know how this group of conservative judges are going to take it. If they took 'Fix You' (the Shibs) from last year well which is quite contemporary, this piece of music shouldn't be a problem.

icekiwi

On the Ice
They are 2nd going into FD!!! Yes, yes, yes!!!! And 76.21!!! Only 1.02 behind v/m and 5.27 ahead of c/l. Yeah!!!

Haven't watched yet, will comment more after watching all the dances.

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
They are 2nd going into FD!!! Yes, yes, yes!!!! And 76.21!!! Only 1.02 behind v/m and 5.27 ahead of c/l. Yeah!!!

Haven't watched yet, will comment more after watching all the dances.

They came out first and were on fire. Wow, what a way to start the competition. Great reception from the crowd.

Snow63

Record Breaker
They have won the SD, IMO. I was so impressed I can't even.. It was lights out preformance. I wish Evan will free himself more, he's a bit stiff. And his hair? It doesn't fit the dance.