Mao Asada vs.Yu-Na Kim - Round 2 | Golden Skate

Mao Asada vs.Yu-Na Kim - Round 2

SailorGalaxia518

Record Breaker
Well considering that Mao Asada won Japan Nationals and is named to the 4CC's team and Yu-Na Kim most likely going considering that this is also the 2010 Olympic test event

It is time for round two of Mao Asada vs. Yu-Na Kim.

After Mao Asada edged Yu-Na Kim for the gold at the GPF, Yu-Na Kim might be looking for revenge for her loss in Korea.

Or Mao Asada could pull a 2 out of 3 and beat Yu-Na Kim all over again.

Either way, this rivalry is shaping up to be a Kwan/Slutskaya rivalry and one that will hopefully last a long time.

What are your predictions

MAO ASADA

or

YU-NA KIM

wonderlen3000

Final Flight
If either one compete in 4CC, i think Yuna will edge out Mao for sure. Her score even without the 3Lo is in the 128+ range. Also Mao just won her 3rd Nat title, i read she struggle abit in her free skate and both her 3A got downgraded and lost over 15 points and that's a lot. All her 3F+3Lo had been downgraded to 3+2 and i think it's about time Mao should start going for 3F+3T up to 2010 Olympics. Now that she has done two 3A in a program, she should just stick to just landing one 3A cleanly. It's becoming a double edge sword for Mao.

In my opnion both of them should skip 4CC since it's too close to the world. Why add more fuel to the crazy fans and medias? Although Yuna should go, because she is already in Toronto training and Vancouver is just a 3 hrs flight away.

rtureck

Final Flight
If either one compete in 4CC, i think Yuna will edge out Mao for sure. Her score even without the 3Lo is in the 128+ range. Also Mao just won her 3rd Nat title, i read she struggle abit in her free skate and both her 3A got downgraded and lost over 15 points and that's a lot. All her 3F+3Lo had been downgraded to 3+2 and i think it's about time Mao should start going for 3F+3T up to 2010 Olympics. Now that she has done two 3A in a program, she should just stick to just landing one 3A cleanly. It's becoming a double edge sword for Mao.

In my opnion both of them should skip 4CC since it's too close to the world. Why add more fuel to the crazy fans and medias? Although Yuna should go, because she is already in Toronto training and Vancouver is just a 3 hrs flight away.

I agree, I hope both will skip 4CC. But if they are both competing, I predict YuNa will win 4CC/ round 2. And hopefully Round 3 worlds goes to Mao

MissCleo

On the Ice
After Mao Asada edged Yu-Na Kim for the gold at the GPF, Yu-Na Kim might be looking for revenge for her loss in Korea.

Or Mao Asada could pull a 2 out of 3 and beat Yu-Na Kim all over again.

Either way, this rivalry is shaping up to be a Kwan/Slutskaya rivalry and one that will hopefully last a long time.

This years 4CC would be the 3rd time they had to face each other on the senior stage? Really? It seems that the rivalry had been going on forever for them only to bave faced each other twice!

Kypma

Final Flight
This years 4CC would be the 3rd time they had to face each other on the senior stage? Really? It seems that the rivalry had been going on forever for them only to bave faced each other twice!

That's not right... they have met at 3 Grand Prix Finals, with Yu-Na winning the first two and Mao the latest, and have also met at 2 World Championships.

-kypma

Chipotle88

Spectator
I think Yu-na will beat Mao.

Yu-na has learned a lot from competing in Korea. I think she learned to take adventage of the pressure and expectations.. and hopefully she will continue to be free of injury for the rest of the season

herios

Medalist
In my opnion both of them should skip 4CC since it's too close to the world. Why add more fuel to the crazy fans and medias? Although Yuna should go said:
I completely disagree with those who think 4CC should be skipped by the top athletes. The asian skaters for example have not competed since december and the Worlds are in March. What kind of sport is this when in full season, they have a break of 2 + months before their World championship ? 6 weeks beetween 4CC and Worlds, Is that not enough to rest ? Those who can't handle this calendar, i am sorry, they can't be called top athletes.

Daniel5555

On the Ice
As I'm a fan of Yuna, I will cheer up for her.
However both Yuna and Mao are so great that when I watch them I'm not thinking about the competition at all.

If both skate clean, how can the judges decide?
If one makes a major mistake, the judges have no problem?
If one makes a minor mistake, we'll get pages of messages.

GiuliaPlum

On the Ice
If both skate clean, how can the judges decide?
If one makes a major mistake, the judges have no problem?
If one makes a minor mistake, we'll get pages of messages.

I think Yu-Na would win. Better artistry, the judges appreciate it.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
both girls know that winning 4CC won't really mean that much. It is the world championship in march when they will want to pull out all the stops. Mao has been going on a 3 axel rampage this season, landing 2 triple axels in many of her Fresskates. I predict that she will attempt it again.

enlight78

Medalist
both girls know that winning 4CC won't really mean that much. It is the world championship in march when they will want to pull out all the stops. Mao has been going on a 3 axel rampage this season, landing 2 triple axels in many of her Fresskates. I predict that she will attempt it again.

I disagree. 4CC is starting to build prestige in the past two years.It is great stage to set up pressure(aka takahashi perfect programs) or to be a confidence booster(aka buttle and mao 2008). If Mao,Yu-Na both do well(only minor mistakes). They will go into worlds equal but if one faulters the pressure will greatly increase for that skater. Same thing for the men with Chan,Abbott,Evan, Oda, Kozuka etc.

dewey

Rinkside
Based on past competitions, I'd say Mao is a little better at managing her nerves, BUT the GPF in Korea may have been so intimidating to Yu-Na that 4CC looks easy in comparison.