Max Aaron | Page 86 | Golden Skate

Max Aaron

ice coverage

Record Breaker

No matter what, I cannot help feeling nostalgic at this point. Randomly realized that a banner for Max :bow: surely had been hanging at WAIH all these years, although I had never seen an image of it.

This photo is the best that I could quickly rustle up, although Max's banner (at upper right) is obscured by netting.

And no matter what, I am glad that Max had a great time at Worlds and felt a lot of support.
It is so like him to embrace (metaphorically and literally) Nathan and Vincent.

(And the Les Mis photo of himself that he chose is great. :cool:)

The promo video for this year's Showtime on Ice starts with highlights of past shows:

The first old clip is of Maddie Aaron :sad4: :luv17: and Max S.

SnuggleBat is next.

ETA:
And in other ice show news ... Max will be the special guest star for the 20th Anniversary edition of Ice Den Scottsdale's annual ice show.

Friday, June 15, 2018
- 5:00 p.m. & 8:00 p.m.

Saturday, June 16, 2018
- 11:00 a.m. & 2:00 p.m.

Ice Show tickets are available for purchase online only.
Please be advised that performances will sell-out.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
No matter what, I cannot help feeling nostalgic at this point. Randomly realized that a banner for Max :bow: surely had been hanging at WAIH all these years, although I had never seen an image of it.

This photo is the best that I could quickly rustle up, although Max's banner (at upper right) is obscured by netting.

Yes, it is there. I should have taken a photo when I was there.

His and Joshua's are next to each other. :cry:

The promo video for this year's Showtime on Ice starts with highlights of past shows:

The first old clip is of Maddie Aaron :sad4: :luv17: and Max S.

SnuggleBat is next.

ETA:
And in other ice show news ... Max will be the special guest star for the 20th Anniversary edition of Ice Den Scottsdale's annual ice show.

Friday, June 15, 2018
- 5:00 p.m. & 8:00 p.m.

Saturday, June 16, 2018
- 11:00 a.m. & 2:00 p.m.

Ice Show tickets are available for purchase online only.
Please be advised that performances will sell-out.

Seeing announcements that Max will be in ice shows is making me smile.

For all this time I've been so afraid that once he decided it was time, he would vanish, and we would never see him again ever. But if he is going to keep skating in some shows here and there, that would be such a precious gift....

I am becoming gradually more at peace with the idea that the new season will come and I won't be marking his competitions down in my diary alongside Jason's and Team Australia's, but that doesn't mean I've stopped weeping every time I think of it.

EDIT:

Aww, Vincent has left a lovely message on Max's instagram post:

govincentzhouMax, it was so amazing being on the World Team with you. You brought smiles to the faces of many, including me. Thank you so much for the team spirit you carried and spread all the way through!

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Yes, it is there. I should have taken a photo when I was there.

His and Joshua's are next to each other. :cry:

.... I am becoming gradually more at peace with the idea that the new season will come and I won't be marking his competitions down in my diary alongside Jason's and Team Australia's, but that doesn't mean I've stopped weeping every time I think of it.

EDIT:

Aww, Vincent has left a lovely message on Max's instagram post:

Ohhhh ... onions everywhere.

Sweet that Max and Josh's banners are next to each other. :ghug: :sad4: :ghug:

And that Vincent appreciates Max. :ghug: :sad4: :ghug:

On a different note, Max in a couple of more group photos at the banquet at Worlds:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BgwuMFEntso/?taken-by=picapaoamarelho (Mar 25)
With Nathan, Bradie, Mariah, Romain.​

https://www.instagram.com/p/BgwuGbWn05j/?taken-by=picapaoamarelho
I like this one b/c we can see that Max has got the suit-with-backpack-look down. :cool: #youngbusinessexecutive​

ETA:

Max sighting at Ice Den Scottsdale:

I will admit that my heart skipped a beat ... before I realized that perhaps Max's skating goal for now is pleasing the crowds at Showtime on Ice in late April.​

ETA:

Almost forgot to say Happy Passover to the Aarons.

I trust that Max gets to have Seder with his family this year. :)

ice coverage

Record Breaker

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Going to download the movie now. :yes:

Spotted this sweet tweet today:

@MaxTAaron Took my daughter to her skating class this morning...saw how sweet and patient you were w/ your young student. Have always admired your skating, now am a fan of the man. Nicely done.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Movie is cute and adorable and a pretty good movie for a low-budget flick. Max's cameo is literally two seconds, if that, and he doesn't speak.

The credits show the names of the "featured background skaters", and some of the names are rather familiar. Ben Jalovick, Jordan Moeller, and all four Dodds brothers are listed. I didn't see any of them during the movie, and suspect a few of them were probably leg-and-skate only shots, or very background shots. It may require a rewatch.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Forgive me Max fans but I must give voice to a dread that has been growing:

Does anyone else think we will not get an announcement at all? That the GP list will come out and his name won't be on it and there'll never be a formal announcement, he'll just fade away? It's his decision how he does it but I would hate for that to happen, he deserves as much a send-off as anyone else.

musicfan80

Medalist

Does anyone else think we will not get an announcement at all? That the GP list will come out and his name won't be on it and there'll never be a formal announcement, he'll just fade away? It's his decision how he does it but I would hate for that to happen, he deserves as much a send-off as anyone else.

Max will probably make an announcement, but like Joshua he will do it in his own time.

ice coverage

Record Breaker

Today Mrs. P has informed us that Max is not on the new USFS ISP list. :sad4:

I hope that he eventually will put a few sentences (or words, at least?? ;)) on social media. :pray:
Maybe(??) he will wait until the Scottsdale show to say something?? As a full-circle thing??
In any case, agree :agree: that it is SnuggleBat's decision as to whether to make any announcement.

But yes, my eyes have been feeling a lot of onions ever since I read about the ISP. :sad4:

Movie is cute and adorable and a pretty good movie for a low-budget flick. Max's cameo is literally two seconds, if that, and he doesn't speak.

The credits show the names of the "featured background skaters", and some of the names are rather familiar. Ben Jalovick, Jordan Moeller, and all four Dodds brothers are listed. I didn't see any of them during the movie, and suspect a few of them were probably leg-and-skate only shots, or very background shots. It may require a rewatch.

Thx so much for your report on Ice The Movie. :thank:

karne, I must say that you are the best fan ever :ghug:: Purchasing and watching this movie. Purchasing Jason merchandise and paying the shipping costs to Australia. Not to mention making two trips to the U.S. in four years. :yay:

I'm glad that you were rewarded with seeing the names of all the Dodds brothers in the credits. And I appreciate hearing about Jordan and Ben too.
As for Max's short and silent cameo, I wish it were more, but I hope the movie shoot will be a fun memory for him.

And now my eyes are feeling another attack of onions ... :sad4:

... Spotted this sweet tweet today:

Very touching.

More onions ... :sad4:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I thought I was ready, but I'm not. I'm not. :cry:

EDIT: Tom Z was running a contest on his twitter to win a copy of his e-book, to enter he asked for favourite moments featuring any of his skaters from this season. This beautiful tweet comes with gorgeous artwork.

This moment at Milan with Coach Tom saying "I am very proud of you". Max is an unsung hero, so I want to sing here you are the hero

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Max will be on Facebook Live tomorrow night (Apr 19) with Mariah -- in connection with USFS Jump On It! Camp.

Makes me happy that SnuggleBat is not fading away ;) :ghug: just yet.

My guess is that Max and Mariah are giving the keynote speech?

Max gave the keynote speech for the very first year of the camp in 2016.
Plus he was a team leader for the 2016 and 2017 camps.

@USFigureSkating

We're kicking off Jump On It! Camp tomorrow at 9:30 p.m. ET with a Facebook Live with birthday girl @MariahSk8rBell and @MaxTAaron! ...

10:47 AM - 18 Apr 2018
https://twitter.com/USFigureSkating/status/986662558168838144

(Cross-posting from the U.S. Men thread.)

I thought I was ready, but I'm not. I'm not. :cry:

EDIT: Tom Z was running a contest on his twitter to win a copy of his e-book, to enter he asked for favourite moments featuring any of his skaters from this season. This beautiful tweet comes with gorgeous artwork.

:ghug: Thx for posting. More onions ... :sad4:

May we all keep "singing" the unsung Max. :yay:

livetoskate

On the Ice
Sounds like fun! If I have a break from work tomorrow I'll definitely get on Max's FB Live. Thanks for spreading the word! I hope Max is enjoying his new job and easing into the workforce now. He must be a really smart guy!

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
*calculates* Looks like this'll be about 11:30am Friday for me. I'll be at work, may not be able to have access to it. I'm counting on you guys to ask the questions we all want to know the answers to. And also to bombard him with how much we love him.

livetoskate

On the Ice
Geez, in my haste, I thought it was at 9:30am today (US eastern time) but it's really at 9:30 PM! Even better. I will be able to get on FB Live. :) After waking up at 5am to watch 4 Continents and staying up past midnight for the Olympics, this is a treat! Yes, I will send your love to Max. :)

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Geez, in my haste, I thought it was at 9:30am today (US eastern time) but it's really at 9:30 PM! Even better. I will be able to get on FB Live. :) After waking up at 5am to watch 4 Continents and staying up past midnight for the Olympics, this is a treat! Yes, I will send your love to Max. :)

My fellow Maxians are the best! I have caught a lucky break with work and I will also be able to get on FB live! (Yay for well-timed breaks!) I'm so excited!

ice coverage

Record Breaker
I'm excited too. :agree:

Just to keep our expectations realistic:
Last year's Facebook Live did not include any online questions.
I think the point was just to live stream what was happening on site.
Sitting next to Nathan and Karen was Sora (in what I think was her very first interviewing assignment for USFS), who asked questions from notecards that she already had prepared.​

The YouTube version of the 2017 Facebook Live:

IIRC: Last year's Facebook Live had some technical (audio?) problems, so USFS put the archived video on YouTube.

In 2016, Max gave a traditional keynote speech (in other words, it was not a Q & A serving as the keynote), but there was no Facebook Live.
And AFAIK/IIRC, no video ever was published?
But I think this thread has at least one still photo of Max at the lectern delivering his 2016 speech.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
SnuggleBat was in such good spirits and looked sooooooo happy. :ghug: :yay:

I will miss Skater Max sooooooo much :sad4: :sad4: :sad4:, but wish him all the best in his business career and in his life as a whole.

Merrill Lynch is lucky to have him.

I hope that Max will let us know how he does in the triathlon. :dance2:

Archived video:

p.s. Many thanks to Max for making an announcement and not leaving us in limbo. :thank:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I'll do some transcribing tonight when I get home. There was a lot of good/interesting stuff in there aside from the obvious.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
I'll do some transcribing tonight when I get home. There was a lot of good/interesting stuff in there aside from the obvious.

:agree: Thanks.

Yes, Max and Mariah both were terrific during the whole thing. It felt as if they did a great job of connecting with the audience in the room (as well as the online audience).

I hope the skater-campers were inspired by both Max :bow: and Mariah :bow:.
I know that I was (not that I am biased ;)).

As a speaker, Max especially seemed very comfortable throughout -- including when the time came to announce that he was retiring.
His presence in front of a crowd will serve him well for the rest of his life.

Forgive me for being shallow :hopelessness:, but I thought the always-handsome Max looked absolutely radiant tonight.
I think his inner peace was showing through on the outside. :luv17:

(Mariah and Sora both looked extra lovely too.)

livetoskate

On the Ice
Really nice, brief live broadcast. Max said repeatedly that he had no regrets and encourages skaters to enjoy the ride and process. I am glad Max is satisfied with his accomplishments and was smiling throughout. He has a good head on his shoulders. Skating doesn't last forever and he did the right thing, working hard academically while training. It's so nice to hear directly from Max, as well as Mariah, about their plans.