Pang/ Tong changed SP | Golden Skate

Pang/ Tong changed SP

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Could you give us an article or source regarding the matter? I'm puzzled over the decision if that is true.

LRK

Record Breaker
No source? Someone ask Trankov - let's get to the bottom of this!

anyanka

Record Breaker
I hope they aren't scrambling ... :slink:

That being said, I would be very happy to see their 2009-11 SP again, it was enchantment incarnate.

chasingpolaris

On the Ice
I just checked the pair's weibo (the Chinese microblogging site) and they did mention they just finished choreographing a new short program. They didn't answer any questions from fans pertaining to the contents of it though. So we'll see. :shrug:

slider11

Medalist
If anyone can pull this off it's those two. They are seasoned and connected. They must have felt the need and had the confidence to make it happen. I can't wait!

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
I just checked the pair's weibo (the Chinese microblogging site) and they did mention they just finished choreographing a new short program. They didn't answer any questions from fans pertaining to the contents of it though. So we'll see. :shrug:

Thank you.

deedee1

Record Breaker
I feel optimistic if it means they are going to bring back an old SP of theirs and remake it. :)
I love Qing/Jian a lot and rooting for them many years (I still believe they could have won OGM in Vancouver if Xue/Hongbo hadn't competed at all at that event...). But having watched their SP at the recent 4CC, it was not a cup of my tea. Looked to me a sort of typically-Morozov'ed 'instatnt' competitive program; lovely music, lovely movements here and there with some face-stroking but less speed and less ice coverage, it's all about how to put elements and hit them perfectly actually... I agreed with Pairs SP results at 4CC, the judges didn't give them super high PCS to place above the younger Chinese pairs who did wonderful SPs. :yes: These young pairs have improved A LOT performance-wise since the last season, especially Cheng Peng and Wenjing Sui they do skate like seniors and truly are ladies now. :)

OTOH, their LP to Io Ci Saro was just :love::love: of course! Can't wait to see it again at the Worlds.

JayW

Final Flight
They are such beautiful skaters, they can make Eminem's "music" look pretty. It is more about their ages and technical contents. They have to choose programs wisely to suit their bodies.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
There are parts of P/T's SP I like--the ice-dance-y steps--and she in particular sells the heck out of it. But the second half does get pretty empty, and even nice steps can't cover that up. Imo, P/Z and S/H have the two best SPs of the season, so P/T really won't match them when they're losing out on tech too.

I like the SP enough that I'm not clamouring for a change. But I'm not really missing it either. I just want them to skate clean at Worlds.

yqs100

On the Ice
Lots Chinese fans suggested them skate to Spring Breeze,,,,,, a Taiwanese piece that Chen Lu used for her sp in 1995