Pang/ Tong changed SP | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Pang/ Tong changed SP

Tastetherainbow

Medalist
Hey all, first time posting here! :) :) :)

According to Pang Qing/Tong Jian's weibo, their new SP music will be Moon Flower by Secret Garden.

Alba

Record Breaker
Good decision. :thumbsup: Now if they can change the music of the LP as well it will be great. :biggrin:

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I really don't follow pairs as closely I probably should, especially considering how high up into the world of pairs skating a few of my friends went, but I can say this with 100% confidence. After watching P/T at 4cc this season I was completely drawn in. I will be hoping to see them skate at their very best as much as anyone I'm rooting for in this WC's. Maybe I'll even root for them with a bag of skittles in hand. Thanks for the update :)

I wonder will they be using vocals?

Last edited:

Matilda

Medalist
Interesting.

Selfishly, I'm just happy I get to see them compete one more time. Their FS is gorgeous.

mnm464

On the Ice
isn't he on vacation with Tatiana? Maybe that was Plushenko with his new IG fitness series???I'm confused...well goodluck to them!

Morena

On the Ice
That's great. Selfishly I'm glad to see one more beautiful program from this two.
Too bad they lost OGM in 2010. I believe it was theirs.
Good luck to them!

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
it seems kinda like their FP music so it might turn out 2 similar programs (their FP is amazing to me so i wouldnt complain), hopefully they can show 2 great programs at their last competition :cheer:

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
They have the tendency to change their program whenever they don't get the pcs they need from that program, instead of working on the existing program. It happened in 2011 at least. But it's their choice. What I am not sure about this particular music is it is a Korean vocal, and as you said, highly similar to their LP music.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
I'd rather they didn't go for lyrics on both programs... but what's wrong with Korean lyrics specifically?

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
I don't know how judges would like a Western opera type of melody with Asian lyrics. It is just not a good combo, and you are showing it the first time (and the last time). I love the melody and I think the singer has a wonderful voice, but... If it were in Chinese, it might be a little (just a little) better since Pang & Tong are Chinese. I really hope they just skate to the music, no lyrics at all. But I didn't find any pure melody on youtube for this music. So they may have to stick to the current one. Now I am not even sure if it is a better choice than the tango short, with all the challenges to get familiar with the program and win the heart of judges.

yyyskate

Record Breaker
it seems, it is indeed the moon flower with Korean lyrics.
Honestly, I have searched youtube cannot find a better version than this one. the music and voice is beautiful. just it is Korean. but I personally dont mind it at all.
the lytics
there is one day that all the tears and longing will disappear, bestow us the unswerving love. even if wither after 1000 blossom....
they love this music, they were touched when skating whiling listening this music, that's why they chose this music.

Last edited: