Patrick Chan | Page 290 | Golden Skate

Patrick Chan

vivley

"pcskatingfan.com"
Medalist
Good job, Calica! I'll add those to my weekly roundup post.

All, my music page is now up if you want to check it out. I included links to watch videos of Patrick's performances, listen online, and buy the music.

bit.ly/pchiddymusic

Let me know what you think! As always, I welcome suggestions and comments.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
vivley, just a question : how did you determine which performer for the classical recordings because it's quite arbitrary and not necessarily the right performer as they are often not credited by choreographers/figure skating.

Good job, Calica! I'll add those to my weekly roundup post.

All, my music page is now up if you want to check it out. I included links to watch videos of Patrick's performances, listen online, and buy the music.

bit.ly/pchiddymusic

Let me know what you think! As always, I welcome suggestions and comments.

PS and well, as a purist (sorry! ) if you write BY you probably should always list the composers, for instance, Mack The Knife is By Kurt Weill, performed by Bublé or Nessun Dorma is not BY the East village.... but by Puccini

Last edited:

vivley

"pcskatingfan.com"
Medalist
vivley, just a question : how did you determine which performer for the classical recordings because it's quite arbitrary and not necessarily the right performer as they are often not credited by choreographers/figure skating.

PS and well, as a purist (sorry! ) if you write BY you probably should always list the composers, for instance, Mack The Knife is By Kurt Weill, performed by Bublé or Nessun Dorma is not BY the East village.... but by Puccini

Thanks, 4everchan. If you are talking about the "Buy Music" links, yes, those are arbitrary for the classical pieces. Generally I based them on what sounded most similar and/or Amazon sales ranking. The assumption is that the buyer can search for another version if they desire. If you know of other versions that were the actual one used by Patrick (or better), I would be glad to link to them.

As for the composers vs. performers, I did have Mack the Knife as being performed by Bublé. I see that I missed that for Nessun Dorma, so I added "performed by" the East Village.

Let me know if you find anything else. Thanks for the feedback - it's just what I needed!

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Thanks, 4everchan. If you are talking about the "Buy Music" links, yes, those are arbitrary for the classical pieces. Generally I based them on what sounded most similar and/or Amazon sales ranking. The assumption is that the buyer can search for another version if they desire. If you know of other versions that were the actual one used by Patrick (or better), I would be glad to link to them.

As for the composers vs. performers, I did have Mack the Knife as being performed by Bublé. I see that I missed that for Nessun Dorma, so I added "performed by" the East Village.

Let me know if you find anything else. Thanks for the feedback - it's just what I needed!

I think perhaps you should put a note that the people are not buying the actual version but a suggested version. That would simplify things.

regarding Mack the Knife and Nessun Dorma, it's great you have the performed by... however you should also credit the composer. He's really the creator of the music.

So for instance

Mack the Knife
by Kurt Weill, performed by Bublé would be the proper credits..

but yeah... great job.

vivley

"pcskatingfan.com"
Medalist
I think perhaps you should put a note that the people are not buying the actual version but a suggested version. That would simplify things.

regarding Mack the Knife and Nessun Dorma, it's great you have the performed by... however you should also credit the composer. He's really the creator of the music.

So for instance

Mack the Knife
by Kurt Weill, performed by Bublé would be the proper credits..

but yeah... great job.

Thanks, that page took a lot of work to research and put together. I added the by... credits for MTK and Nessun Dorma. For the suggested versions I put an asterisk by the Buy Music links with the note you suggested.

As always, I appreciate your feedback!:thumbsup:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
my pleasure.

I know how much time it is to make a website... trust me !! You did a wonderful job. I am just nitpicking as this is a field I work in... (music, credits etc)... and this way, it will also appeal to musicians, not only figure skating fans... :) keep updating us on the wonderful site. I hope you get a nice message from Patrick himself. you deserve it
Thanks, that page took a lot of work to research and put together. I added the by... credits for MTK and Nessun Dorma. For the suggested versions I put an asterisk by the Buy Music links with the note you suggested.

As always, I appreciate your feedback!:thumbsup:

vivley

"pcskatingfan.com"
Medalist
my pleasure.

I know how much time it is to make a website... trust me !! You did a wonderful job. I am just nitpicking as this is a field I work in... (music, credits etc)... and this way, it will also appeal to musicians, not only figure skating fans... :) keep updating us on the wonderful site. I hope you get a nice message from Patrick himself. you deserve it

Aw, thanks. Speaking of music, you'll be pleased to know that I will be performing Beethoven's 9th, Barber's Agnus Dei, and Ennio Morricone's The Mission Suite with a choir in an upcoming concert. I must go practice now. Have a good night!

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
that's very nice. The Barber is one of my favourites. I wish skaters (erm erm Patrick) would use it.

Aw, thanks. Speaking of music, you'll be pleased to know that I will be performing Beethoven's 9th, Barber's Agnus Dei, and Ennio Morricone's The Mission Suite with a choir in an upcoming concert. I must go practice now. Have a good night!

m0001

On the Ice
Thanks so much again vivley. Really hope he can notice these suggestions. Did some one suggest "Four Seasons" again? I love both versions of 2008 and 2013, but any chance for a 3rd version? Is it too late now if he hasn't decided what music to use? I start to worry a little bit.

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
vivley thanks so much for all your efforts. And for even buying photos. You are a great fan. :)

Any news on when Patrick will start competing? In 2013 he showed up to Thornhill Summer Skate, but he's not on the interim entry list released last week.

I hope his first competition allows him to do both SP and FS. Japan Open is nice, but I think last year he needed more mileage with the SP than the FS.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I really don't want him to go to Japan Open... sigh.. it's at the same time as the competition in Montreal (autumn something classic or something) and I am dreaming he will be at that competition...

:) but of course now, japan is almost just a close by as montreal now that he is relocated to vancouver..

fingers crossed... come to meeeee patrick... come to meeeee :) hahahahaa

vivley thanks so much for all your efforts. And for even buying photos. You are a great fan. :)

Any news on when Patrick will start competing? In 2013 he showed up to Thornhill Summer Skate, but he's not on the interim entry list released last week.

I hope his first competition allows him to do both SP and FS. Japan Open is nice, but I think last year he needed more mileage with the SP than the FS.